Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? New Icons Coming from Font Awesome Post 303020919 by Neo on Tuesday 31st of July 2018 03:39:23 AM
Old 07-31-2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Cragun

The obvious example is the link to your Home Page from your (i.e. Neo) public profile Contact Info tab.
Yes, the link in my public profile page to my "home page" goes to the home page of the forums.

That is the link I set up in my UserCP as my home page.

So that is the right behavior (at least for me).
This User Gave Thanks to Neo For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

redhat 7.2 icons on desktop

Hello all, Is there a way to change the behavior of the gnome desktop manager so that when your iconify a window it will be place on the desktop intead on on the task manager (gnome-panel)? It gets confusing having to loook throught the gnome-panle for the window I want when you have alot of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: larry
1 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Dotted thread icons

Can you guys please enable the "dotted" icon option, so that the thread icon for a thread in which a user has posted in will appear with a dot in it? Thanks, Aaron (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Spetnik
2 Replies

3. Solaris

How to get a second Icons - Window!

Hey everybody! I'd like to get a second Window for my program Icons, any Idea how to solve this problem?? :confused: thanks, Tom (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TomStyria
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

Menu Icons for the Application

Hi All, I created an RPM for my application. After clicking the rpm, I managed to place the files in repective locations also I have "JServer" menus in the "Application" menu (The redhat one). But the problem is the icons are not appearing in that menu. I placed my icons/images in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jw_amp
0 Replies

5. AIX

CDE: why no icons?

Why my cde show no icons? I have installed X11.Dt.ToolTalk 7.1.3.15 C F AIX CDE ToolTalk Support X11.Dt.adt 7.1.3.0 C F AIX CDE Application X11.Dt.bitmaps 7.1.0.0 C F AIX CDE Bitmaps X11.Dt.compat ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
8 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

New Mobile Navbar Icons from Font Awesome

Just changed the mobile site to use Font Awesome icons. Here is the new top navbar view (unregistered users) https://www.unix.com/members/1-albums214-picture903.jpeg (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
2 Replies

7. Web Development

New Font Awesome Icons in Quick Reply Editor

Working on the Quick Reply Editor, I have replaced a number of icons (see image below) with Font Awesome Icons. Was planning to replace all of them, but for some reason, replacing a few of them causes the script / template to break (which is odd) so I left them for now. ... (6 Replies)
6 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Quick Update on UNIX.COM Site Renovation: Bootstrap, Font Awesome and jQuery

Here is an update on the site renovation: After a lot of analysis and example programming, including testing out a number of Javascript framework and libraries, in the short term, we are getting the most bang-for-the-buck from these three basic, core tech areas: Bootstrap (CSS and... (2 Replies)
2 Replies
link(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   link(1)

NAME
link, unlink - Creates an additional directory entry for an existing file SYNOPSIS
link file1 file2 unlink file STANDARDS
Interfaces documented on this reference page conform to industry standards as follows: link: XCU5.0 unlink: XCU5.0 Refer to the standards(5) reference page for more information about industry standards and associated tags. DESCRIPTION
The link command performs the link() system call to create an additional directory entry for an existing file, file1. In effect, the underlying file then has two names, file1 and file2 (either of these arguments can be a pathname). The old and new entries share equal access rights to the underlying file. The unlink command performs the unlink() system call to remove a link to file created by link. The unlink command removes the directory entry specified by the file parameter and, if the entry is a hard link, decrements the link count of the file referenced by the link. You should be familiar with the link() and unlink() system calls before you use these commands. The link and unlink commands do not issue error messages when the associated system call is unsuccessful. NOTES
The link and unlink commands cannot be used to link and unlink directories. EXIT STATUS
The link and unlink commands both exit with the following: The link() or unlink() system call succeeded. Too few or too many arguments specified. The link() or unlink() system call failed. SEE ALSO
Commands: fsck(8), ln(1) Functions: link(2), unlink(2) link(1)