Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? New Icons Coming from Font Awesome Post 303020869 by Neo on Monday 30th of July 2018 12:54:26 AM
Old 07-30-2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Cragun
Item 1 is mostly fixed. When I click on a poster's name, it now goes to the poster's public profile. But, when I hover over the poster's name, there is no text indicating what will happen if I click while I'm there. Please display text similar to "Go to user name's public profile" when I hover over the poster's name.

Item 2 is fixed.

Item 3 is fixed.

Item 4 is partially fixed. When I hover over the quick reply icon, it now says "Quick Reply to Post without Quoting this Post" which leaves the impression that although this post won't be quoted, other posts selected with the Multi-Quote icon will be quoted. Please change the text displayed when hovering over this icon to "Quick Reply to Post without Quoting any Post".

Item 5 is fixed.

Item 6 is partially fixed. The text displayed when I hover over the new Quote icon is "Quote this Post and Reply". That text gives no indication that posts in this thread that are selected for Multi-Quoting will also be quoted in the reply. Please change this text to something like "Quote this Post and any Posts selected for Multi-Quoting and Reply".:
Hey Don, I'm on the road and working with only 4 hours sleep, LOL, but I think I addressed all of your issues *except* the member badge changes, which has not been well received (see prior post).

But as far as the mouse over the icons, I think I made all the changes you wanted; except I need to make some changes to get the actual username in the mouseover text on top of the user profile link, so I adjusted it but left out the username variable because it breaks things.

Updated: Now that mouseover text has the username as well (fixed).
This User Gave Thanks to Neo For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

redhat 7.2 icons on desktop

Hello all, Is there a way to change the behavior of the gnome desktop manager so that when your iconify a window it will be place on the desktop intead on on the task manager (gnome-panel)? It gets confusing having to loook throught the gnome-panle for the window I want when you have alot of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: larry
1 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Dotted thread icons

Can you guys please enable the "dotted" icon option, so that the thread icon for a thread in which a user has posted in will appear with a dot in it? Thanks, Aaron (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Spetnik
2 Replies

3. Solaris

How to get a second Icons - Window!

Hey everybody! I'd like to get a second Window for my program Icons, any Idea how to solve this problem?? :confused: thanks, Tom (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TomStyria
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

Menu Icons for the Application

Hi All, I created an RPM for my application. After clicking the rpm, I managed to place the files in repective locations also I have "JServer" menus in the "Application" menu (The redhat one). But the problem is the icons are not appearing in that menu. I placed my icons/images in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jw_amp
0 Replies

5. AIX

CDE: why no icons?

Why my cde show no icons? I have installed X11.Dt.ToolTalk 7.1.3.15 C F AIX CDE ToolTalk Support X11.Dt.adt 7.1.3.0 C F AIX CDE Application X11.Dt.bitmaps 7.1.0.0 C F AIX CDE Bitmaps X11.Dt.compat ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
8 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

New Mobile Navbar Icons from Font Awesome

Just changed the mobile site to use Font Awesome icons. Here is the new top navbar view (unregistered users) https://www.unix.com/members/1-albums214-picture903.jpeg (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
2 Replies

7. Web Development

New Font Awesome Icons in Quick Reply Editor

Working on the Quick Reply Editor, I have replaced a number of icons (see image below) with Font Awesome Icons. Was planning to replace all of them, but for some reason, replacing a few of them causes the script / template to break (which is odd) so I left them for now. ... (6 Replies)
6 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Quick Update on UNIX.COM Site Renovation: Bootstrap, Font Awesome and jQuery

Here is an update on the site renovation: After a lot of analysis and example programming, including testing out a number of Javascript framework and libraries, in the short term, we are getting the most bang-for-the-buck from these three basic, core tech areas: Bootstrap (CSS and... (2 Replies)
2 Replies
XOSD(1xosd)															       XOSD(1xosd)

NAME
osd_cat - X on-screen file displayer SYNOPSIS
osd_cat [OPTION] [FILE]... osd_cat -b percentage|slider [OPTION] DESCRIPTION
Display FILE, or standard input, on X screen. -p, --pos=POS This option tells osd_cat where to display the text. POS can be top, middle, or bottom. The default is top. -o, --offset=OFFSET This option specifies the offset from the top or bottom of screen the text is displayed. The default is 0. -A, --align=ALIGN This option tells osd_cat where to display the text. ALIGN can be left, right or center. The default is left. -i, --indent=OFFSET This option specifies the INDENT from the left of screen the text is displayed. The default is 0. -f, --font=FONT This option specifies the FONT to be used for displaying the text. The default is fixed. -c, --color=COLOR This option specifies the COLOR to be used for displaying the text. The default is red. -d, --delay=TIME This option specifies the number of seconds the text is displayed. The default is 5 seconds. -l, --lines=LINES This option specifies the number of LINES to scroll the display over. The default is 5. -s, --shadow=OFFSET This option specifies the OFFSET of the text shadow. The default is 0, which means no text shadow is created. -a, --age[=SCROLL_AGE] This option affects screen redrawing. If SCROLL_AGE seconds pass before a new line is ready (for example, you're reading from a pipe), all lines are cleared at once instead of being scrolled off as new lines replace old lines. The default is 0. When no SCROLL_AGE is explicitly given, the current value from DELAY is used. -w, --wait This option also affects screen redrawing. When there is data ready to be put on screen, this option will cause osd_cat to wait until the display is clear. An alternative to scrolling. -b, --barmode=TYPE Lets you display a percentage or slider bar instead of just text. TYPE may be percentage or slider. In this mode no text is read from any file, but the following options can be used: -P, --percentage=PERCENTAGE This option specified the position of the percentage / slider bar. PERCENTAGE may be in the range from 0 to 100, the default is 50. -T, --text=TEXT This option specifies an optional TEXT which gets displayed above the percentage bar. The default is empty, so no additional text is displayed. -h, --help display help (which is often more up to date) and exit With no FILE, or when FILE is -, read standard input. AUTHOR
Martijn van de Streek <martijn@foodfight.org>, Some patching done by Malcolm Valentine <farkit@iprimus.com.au> and Tim Wright <tim@ignavus.net>. xosd was written by Andre Renaud <andre@ignavus.net> and is maintained by Tim Wright <tim@ignavus.net> SEE ALSO
More information on the X OSD Library and its author can be found on http://www.ignavus.net/software.html <http://www.ignavus.net/software.html> COPYRIGHT
It is distributed under the GNU General Public License. X OSD cat January 2001 XOSD(1xosd)