Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Issues with awk scripting for HTML tags Post 303020853 by Neo on Sunday 29th of July 2018 07:43:36 AM
Old 07-29-2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseline
code.
Code:
awk 'BEGIN{

FS=","

print  "<HTML>""<TABLE border="1"><TH>Store_count</TH><TH>Store_sold</TH><TH>Store_code</TH><TH>Backlogs</TH>"

}

I strongly recommend you not use table tags.

Better to use divs, even in email.

Also, I recommend you avoid any style attribute in your elements and instead include a small <style> tag with CSS; but I understand when you have just a small amount of style, why you would like to use the style attribute, but all the pros use CSS.
This User Gave Thanks to Neo For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting issues

hi, I am stuck in a shell script where in i need to extract the specific users from \etc\passwd file. Once this is done, i need to assign Roles to these users which are different for different users. What could be the optimum solution. If i hard code the Roles values in a text file, how would i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ashutosh101
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

scripting issues...

Hi guys, I am thanks in advance for any posts and for reading. I am trying to run this script, under solaris: echo "****************************************" echo "The host is: " echo "****************************************" <<EOF find /etc/default -name login -exec ls -l {} \; find... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: B14speedfreak
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to use html tag in shell scripting

Hai friends I have a small doubt.. how can we use html tag in shell scripting code : echo "<html>" echo "<body>" echo " welcome to peace world " echo "</body>" echo "</html>" output displayed like this: <html> <body> welcome to peace world </body> </html> (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jrex1983
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing HTML, get text between 2 HTML tags

Hi there, I'm quite new to the forum and shell scripting. I want to filter out the "166.0 points". The results, that i found in google / the forum search didn't helped me :( <a href="/user/test" class="headitem menu" style="color:rgb(83,186,224);">test</a><a href="/points" class="headitem... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mysthik
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing all except couple of html tags from html file

I tried to find elegant (or at least simple) way to remove all but couple of html tags from html file, but all examples I found dealt with removing all the tags. The logic of the script would be: - if there is <li> or <ul> on the line, do nothing (=write same line to output) - if there is:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: juubuntu
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk -- Extract data from html within multiple tags as reference

Hi, I'm trying to get some data from an html file, but the problem is before it can extract the information I have multiple patterns that need to be passed through. https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/150711-extract-data-awk-html-files.html Is a similar problem. The only... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: counfhou
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripting users issues...

Hello everyone, I am new to the forum community and need help with some scripts. I have attached what I have so far and these are scripts that have been passed on to me for a project that I have been assigned. To tell the truth I have never really worked with scripts and have no clue how these even... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wingzero89
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issues with scripting users

Hello everyone, I am new to the forum community and need help with some scripts. First off let me put that this is “NOT” a homework assignment as I have been given this information where I work (IUPUI-UITS) and need help on this since I have no experience in this area. The only reason I am turning... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wingzero89
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to use HTML in UNIX Bash Scripting?

I am planning to run an automation , Could anyone try to help me to how to write an html in unix scripting so when I try to send email it should work especially with Bold and colors (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cassia
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sendmail with HTML body and attachment code issues

Hi, I was working on getting an HTML file in the mail body along with attaching a "csv" file to the mail. Below are the 2 parts of the code. I need help with the second part where I'm sending the mail. The HTML file as an attachment is perfect without any issues and with proper formatting.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aster007
6 Replies
CSS::Tiny(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					      CSS::Tiny(3)

NAME
CSS::Tiny - Read/Write .css files with as little code as possible SYNOPSIS
# In your .css file H1 { color: blue } H2 { color: red; font-family: Arial } .this, .that { color: yellow } # In your program use CSS::Tiny; # Create a CSS stylesheet my $CSS = CSS::Tiny->new(); # Open a CSS stylesheet $CSS = CSS::Tiny->read( 'style.css' ); # Reading properties my $header_color = $CSS->{H1}->{color}; my $header2_hashref = $CSS->{H2}; my $this_color = $CSS->{'.this'}->{color}; my $that_color = $CSS->{'.that'}->{color}; # Changing styles and properties $CSS->{'.newstyle'} = { color => '#FFFFFF' }; # Add a style $CSS->{H1}->{color} = 'black'; # Change a property delete $CSS->{H2}; # Delete a style # Save a CSS stylesheet $CSS->write( 'style.css' ); # Get the CSS as a <style>...</style> tag $CSS->html; DESCRIPTION
"CSS::Tiny" is a perl class to read and write .css stylesheets with as little code as possible, reducing load time and memory overhead. CSS.pm requires about 2.6 meg or ram to load, which is a large amount of overhead if you only want to do trivial things. Memory usage is normally scoffed at in Perl, but in my opinion should be at least kept in mind. This module is primarily for reading and writing simple files, and anything we write shouldn't need to have documentation/comments. If you need something with more power, move up to CSS.pm. With the increasing complexity of CSS, this is becoming more common, but many situations can still live with simple CSS files. CSS Feature Support "CSS::Tiny" supports grouped styles of the form "this, that { color: blue }" correctly when reading, ungrouping them into the hash structure. However, it will not restore the grouping should you write the file back out. In this case, an entry in the original file of the form H1, H2 { color: blue } would become H1 { color: blue } H2 { color: blue } "CSS::Tiny" handles nested styles of the form "P EM { color: red }" in reads and writes correctly, making the property available in the form $CSS->{'P EM'}->{color} "CSS::Tiny" ignores comments of the form "/* comment */" on read correctly, however these comments will not be written back out to the file. CSS FILE SYNTAX
Files are written in a relatively human-orientated form, as follows: H1 { color: blue; } .this { color: red; font-size: 10px; } P EM { color: yellow; } When reading and writing, all property descriptors, for example "color" and "font-size" in the example above, are converted to lower case. As an example, take the following CSS. P { Font-Family: Verdana; } To get the value 'Verdana' from the object $CSS, you should reference the key "$CSS->{P}->{font-family}". METHODS
new The constructor "new" creates and returns an empty "CSS::Tiny" object. read $filename The "read" constructor reads a CSS stylesheet, and returns a new "CSS::Tiny" object containing the properties in the file. Returns the object on success, or "undef" on error. read_string $string The "read_string" constructor reads a CSS stylesheet from a string. Returns the object on success, or "undef" on error. clone The "clone" method creates an identical copy of an existing "CSS::Tiny" object. write_string Generates the stylesheet for the object and returns it as a string. write The "write $filename" generates the stylesheet for the properties, and writes it to disk. Returns true on success. Returns "undef" on error. html The "html" method generates the CSS, but wrapped in a "style" HTML tag, so that it can be dropped directly onto a HTML page. xhtml The "html" method generates the CSS, but wrapped in a "style" XHTML tag, so that it can be dropped directly onto an XHTML page. errstr When an error occurs, you can retrieve the error message either from the $CSS::Tiny::errstr variable, or using the "errstr" method. CAVEATS
CSS Rule Order While the order of rules in CSS is important, this is one of the features that is sacrificed to keep things small and dependency-free. If you need to preserve order yourself, we recommend that you upgrade to the more powerful CSS module. If this is not possible in your case, alternatively it can be done with the help of another module such as Tie::IxHash: my $css = CSS::Tiny->new; tie %$css, 'Tie::IxHash'; $css->read('style.css'); Note: You will also need to remember to add the additional dependency to your code or module in this case. SUPPORT
Bugs should be reported via the CPAN bug tracker at <http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=CSS-Tiny> For other issues, or commercial enhancement or support, contact the author. AUTHOR
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org> SEE ALSO
CSS, <http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS1>, Config::Tiny, <http://ali.as/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2002 - 2010 Adam Kennedy. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.16.3 2010-09-03 CSS::Tiny(3)