Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Regarding thoughts for encourage more users to post/participate on UNIX.com site. Post 303020842 by Neo on Sunday 29th of July 2018 04:22:31 AM
Old 07-29-2018
Thanks! All great ideas but for me I am busy rebuilding the forums to move completely off legacy table tags and on to using more modern / responsible frameworks and tags, including HTML5, CSS3, JS, jQuery and other JS and CSS frameworks.

I can permit guest postings if other want it, but in the past, this just creates more and more and more spam for mods to deal with and they are busy enough already.

Regarding "one click registration" this is also a great idea, but the result is spam, spam, spam when we make it too easy.

I prefer to have users and members who want to be a part of our community versus having "one click in spammer to manage".

These are all great ideas, but we do have to keep the quality of the posts high, and the number of spammers low. If we make it "one click posting"... this place will turn into a full time anti-spam management exercise, LOL,
This User Gave Thanks to Neo For This Post:

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

New Site/Info for Linux Users

Check out this site. This will be helpful for all. Link removed. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jadebellant
3 Replies

2. AIX

Finding a specific UID on a site with hundreads of users.

Hello, I am not the AIX guru.. This might seem simple for a lot but I am not sure where to start.. So here is my question: I have a unix account on a remote site. My UID is 999999. Now I need to create my account at my main site, with the same UID. So i have to make sure the UID 999999 is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maxalarie
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

documentation for beginners setup virtual site, users, mailaccounts on raq 550

Greetings to all reading this, I am a Linux/Unix newbie webmaster with a dedicated server, a RaQ 550. I am looking for some step by step documentation about managing a server with shell (not the GUI), from adding a virtual site to adding users, email accounts etc. I can find only parts of this... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rolandk
0 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

How Many Technology Forums Do You Actively Participate In?

How Many Technology Forums Do You Actively Participate In? (29 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
29 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

How to encourage emerging users in forum to give better solution:?

Our moderators/admins/users are doing great job by sharing knowledge with each other, they do correct/appreciate us in posts. This poll is to encourage emerging users to go in a better direction, kindly do give your thoughts on same. 1- Giving them a reward/appreciation if they are... (31 Replies)
Discussion started by: RavinderSingh13
31 Replies

6. Web Development

Some Thoughts on Vue.js at UNIX.com

Recently, have been learning Vue and, as always, learning-by-doing, which means writing code for real-world applications. In this process, I have learned something that is not really mentioned in the majority of online Vue tutorials. Basically, when you create a Vue instance in your browser,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Shortcircuit(3)		User Contributed Perl Documentation	       Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Shortcircuit(3)

NAME
Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Shortcircuit - short-circuit evaluation for certain rules SYNOPSIS
loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Shortcircuit report Content analysis details: (_SCORE_ points, _REQD_ required, s/c _SCTYPE_) add_header all Status "_YESNO_, score=_SCORE_ required=_REQD_ tests=_TESTS_ shortcircuit=_SCTYPE_ autolearn=_AUTOLEARN_ version=_VERSION_" DESCRIPTION
This plugin implements simple, test-based shortcircuiting. Shortcircuiting a test will force all other pending rules to be skipped, if that test is hit. In addition, a symbolic rule, "SHORTCIRCUIT", will fire. Recomended usage is to use "priority" to set rules with strong S/O values (ie. 1.0) to be run first, and make instant spam or ham classification based on that. CONFIGURATION SETTINGS
The following configuration settings are used to control shortcircuiting: shortcircuit SYMBOLIC_TEST_NAME {ham|spam|on|off} Shortcircuiting a test will force all other pending rules to be skipped, if that test is hit. Recomended usage is to use "priority" to set rules with strong S/O values (ie. 1.0) to be run first, and make instant spam or ham classification based on that. To override a test that uses shortcircuiting, you can set the classification type to "off". on Shortcircuits the rest of the tests, but does not make a strict classification of spam or ham. Rather, it uses the default score for the rule being shortcircuited. This would allow you, for example, to define a rule such as body TEST /test/ describe TEST test rule that scores barely over spam threshold score TEST 5.5 priority TEST -100 shortcircuit TEST on The result of a message hitting the above rule would be a final score of 5.5, as opposed to 100 (default) if it were classified as spam. off Disables shortcircuiting on said rule. spam Shortcircuit the rule using a set of defaults; override the default score of this rule with the score from "shortcircuit_spam_score", set the "noautolearn" tflag, and set priority to "-100". In other words, equivalent to: shortcircuit TEST on priority TEST -100 score TEST 100 tflags TEST noautolearn ham Shortcircuit the rule using a set of defaults; override the default score of this rule with the score from "shortcircuit_ham_score", set the "noautolearn" and "nice" tflags, and set priority to "-100". In other words, equivalent to: shortcircuit TEST on priority TEST -100 score TEST -100 tflags TEST noautolearn nice shortcircuit_spam_score n.nn (default: 100) When shortcircuit is used on a rule, and the shortcircuit classification type is set to "spam", this value should be applied in place of the default score for that rule. shortcircuit_ham_score n.nn (default: -100) When shortcircuit is used on a rule, and the shortcircuit classification type is set to "ham", this value should be applied in place of the default score for that rule. TAGS
The following tags are added to the set available for use in reports, headers etc.: _SC_ shortcircuit status (classification and rule name) _SCRULE_ rulename that caused the shortcircuit _SCTYPE_ shortcircuit classification ("spam", "ham", "default", "none") SEE ALSO
"http://issues.apache.org/SpamAssassin/show_bug.cgi?id=3109" perl v5.12.1 2010-03-16 Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Shortcircuit(3)