Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? New Icons Coming from Font Awesome Post 303020828 by RavinderSingh13 on Sunday 29th of July 2018 12:21:21 AM
Old 07-29-2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Hmm. I don't understand this request, sorry.

Thanking a post and replying to a post are not the same thing.

You mean you want a new icon in the post on the icon area in the bottom of the post that does the action: "Thank and Reply to this Post" ?

Or do you mean add another Thank You icon in the Quick Reply area to you can Thank the User / Like the Post while in edit mode?
Yes sure Neo, just recognized THANKS button is dis appearing after one gives it at that time but once I am going to that post again even I have given thanks to someone could see it still see screen shot.

2nd point: I am not able to insert image for it INSERT IMAGE icon is NOT giving me BROWSE option to go through to my local system.

3rd point: Thing is it should not be visible to a person who has posted the post, if I am not wrong it is visible right now for the person's OWN post itself too.

4th point: Yes, while replying/quick replying we could add THANKS ICON(like many other icons Redhat, Idea, BUG FIX etc etc) there too, if someone wants to add it in header.

Apologies not able to insert screen shots for points here.

EDIT: Also just recognized icon for forum advisory has been changed, IMHO previous ICONS were/are awesome(not denying this one but previous ones were like medals for forum advisory and MODs which were NOT at all old fashioned in IMHO)

Thanks,
R. Singh

Last edited by RavinderSingh13; 07-29-2018 at 01:26 AM..
This User Gave Thanks to RavinderSingh13 For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

redhat 7.2 icons on desktop

Hello all, Is there a way to change the behavior of the gnome desktop manager so that when your iconify a window it will be place on the desktop intead on on the task manager (gnome-panel)? It gets confusing having to loook throught the gnome-panle for the window I want when you have alot of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: larry
1 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Dotted thread icons

Can you guys please enable the "dotted" icon option, so that the thread icon for a thread in which a user has posted in will appear with a dot in it? Thanks, Aaron (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Spetnik
2 Replies

3. Solaris

How to get a second Icons - Window!

Hey everybody! I'd like to get a second Window for my program Icons, any Idea how to solve this problem?? :confused: thanks, Tom (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TomStyria
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

Menu Icons for the Application

Hi All, I created an RPM for my application. After clicking the rpm, I managed to place the files in repective locations also I have "JServer" menus in the "Application" menu (The redhat one). But the problem is the icons are not appearing in that menu. I placed my icons/images in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jw_amp
0 Replies

5. AIX

CDE: why no icons?

Why my cde show no icons? I have installed X11.Dt.ToolTalk 7.1.3.15 C F AIX CDE ToolTalk Support X11.Dt.adt 7.1.3.0 C F AIX CDE Application X11.Dt.bitmaps 7.1.0.0 C F AIX CDE Bitmaps X11.Dt.compat ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
8 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

New Mobile Navbar Icons from Font Awesome

Just changed the mobile site to use Font Awesome icons. Here is the new top navbar view (unregistered users) https://www.unix.com/members/1-albums214-picture903.jpeg (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
2 Replies

7. Web Development

New Font Awesome Icons in Quick Reply Editor

Working on the Quick Reply Editor, I have replaced a number of icons (see image below) with Font Awesome Icons. Was planning to replace all of them, but for some reason, replacing a few of them causes the script / template to break (which is odd) so I left them for now. ... (6 Replies)
6 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Quick Update on UNIX.COM Site Renovation: Bootstrap, Font Awesome and jQuery

Here is an update on the site renovation: After a lot of analysis and example programming, including testing out a number of Javascript framework and libraries, in the short term, we are getting the most bang-for-the-buck from these three basic, core tech areas: Bootstrap (CSS and... (2 Replies)
2 Replies
WM-ICONS-CONFIG(1)					      General Commands Manual						WM-ICONS-CONFIG(1)

NAME
wm-icons-config - show and set configuration for wm-icons SYNOPSIS
wm-icons-config [options] NAME [ICON_SET] ... DESCRIPTION
This show wm-icons package configuration, and the list of installed icon sets. It also is used to set aliases to icon-sets in system or user space. In the synopsis above, NAME is icon alias name, ICON_SET is icon set directory (for example: mini 16x16-default). If NAME already exists as an alias, it is not overwritten, unless the --force option is given. Explicit NAMEs override --defaults. Just the alias names are given for --which and --remove options. OPTIONS
Informational options: display info and exit --help Print a short usage message --version Show version number and exit --inst-dir Show wm-icons installed icon directory and exit --user-dir Show wm-icons user icon directory and exit --show-defaults Show default aliases and exit --show-aliases Show the aliases currently present. One of --global, --personal, --user-dir must be given --show-sets Show a list of installed icon sets Directory selection options: precisely one of these must be given --global Set up global (system-wide) links in the base dir --personal Set up personal links in ~/.wm-icons --user-dir=USER_DIR Set up links in USER_DIR Choice of links: at least one of these must be given --defaults Set up default aliases, as shown by --show-defaults Extra options --remove Remove the symlinks rather than creating them, return (0, 1) --which Show the icon set for the given alias(es), return (0, 1) --quiet Do not output results of alias manipulating to stdout --force Force overwriting of existing symlinks BUGS
None known. AUTHORS
Mikhael Goikhman <migo (at) cpan.org> and others (see file AUTHORS). This manual page was initially written by Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system. 09-Apr-2006 WM-ICONS-CONFIG(1)