Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Search Results (Search, New, and Today's Topics) Animation Switch Post 303020804 by Neo on Saturday 28th of July 2018 07:59:25 AM
Old 07-28-2018
Search Results (Search, New, and Today's Topics) Animation Switch

Hey,

I added an animation switch on the search results page; so by default the thread previews are off, but if you want to look at them, just click on the green button and the thread previews will turn on (and back off).

See image and attached animation:

This User Gave Thanks to Neo For This Post:

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Operations on search results

Hi, I am a newbie at Unix scritping, and I have a question. Looking at the search functionality on Unix. Here I have a structure root---------dir1 ------- file1, file2, file3 |_____dir2 ______file1@, file4 |_____dir3_______file1@, file5 Under root directory, I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nj302
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK - no search results

Hi all, I'm new to awk and I'm experiencing syntax error that I don't know how to resolve. Hopefully some experts in this forum can help me out. I created an awk file that look like this: $ cat myawk.awk BEGIN { VAR1=PATTERN1 VAR2=PATTERN2 } /VAR1/ { flag=1 } /VAR2/ { flag=0 } {... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hk18
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can ctag and cscope support recording search results and displaying the history results ?

Hello , When using vim, can ctag and cscope support recording search results and displaying the history results ? Once I jump to one tag, I can use :tnext to jump to next tag, but how can I display the preview search result? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: 915086731
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Gawk Narrowing Down Search Results

I am using GAWK to search for a specific pattern: gawk '{IGNORECASE=1;} /<a href=/&&/\$/,/<\/a/' index.html <a class=author href="http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/search/?areaID=10&amp;amp;catAbb=sss&amp;amp;query=ps vita" title="craigslist washington, DC | all fo r sale / wanted search &quot;ps... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Always output 6 columns regardless of search results

If I am searching for AA then then BB in a loop, how do I make the output always contain 6 columns of comma separated data even when there may only be 4 search matches? AA11 AA12 AA13 AA14 BB11 BB12 BB13 BB14 BB15 BB16 Final output: AA11,AA12,AA13,AA14,,,... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: jojojmac5
14 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search pattern in today's files only

Hi Friends, I am in search of unix command which can search a particular pattern in all files which are created/modified today ONLY. Which is the best way to achieve this? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nakul_sh
1 Replies
APROPOS(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						APROPOS(1)

NAME
apropos -- search the complete content of all man pages SYNOPSIS
apropos [-123456789Ccp] [-n Number of results] [-S machine] [-s section] query DESCRIPTION
The apropos utility performs a full text search over the complete content of all man pages. It uses the FTS engine of Sqlite to perform the search. The database is created with the help of makemandb(8) utility. This implementation of the apropos utility is more sophisticated than the classical version of apropos. Like modern search applications, it uses advanced techniques like stemming and term weighting to rank the matching results in decreasing order of relevance. By default apropos will only display the top 10 matches in the output. Quotes are optional for specifying multiword queries. It supports the following options: -1 Search only within section 1 manual pages. -2 Search only within section 2 manual pages. -3 Search only within section 3 manual pages. -4 Search only within section 4 manual pages. -5 Search only within section 5 manual pages. -6 Search only within section 6 manual pages. -7 Search only within section 7 manual pages. -8 Search only within section 8 manual pages. -9 Search only within section 9 manual pages. -C Do not show the context of the match. -c Do show the context of the match (default). -n Output up to the specified number of search results. The default limit is 10. -p Display all matching results and pipe them through a pager (defaulting to more(1)). -S machine Limit the search to the pages for the specified machine architecture. By default pages for all architectures are shown in the search results. -s section Restrict the search to the specified section of the manual. By default, pages from all section are shown. This option is for back- wards compatibility with the classic version of apropos, using it is equivalent to using the [123456789] options directly. FILES
/var/db/man.db The Sqlite FTS database which contains an index of the manual pages. SEE ALSO
man(1), whatis(1), makemandb(8) HISTORY
The apropos command appeared in 3.0BSD. It was rewritten in NetBSD 6.0 to support full text search using Sqlite. AUTHORS
Abhinav Upadhyay BSD
April 21, 2012 BSD