Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Running Powershell Script from Linux through Cygwin Post 303020741 by rbatte1 on Thursday 26th of July 2018 11:54:40 AM
Old 07-26-2018
Can you get a very simple proof of concept script to work? A quick "Hello-world" through the same mechanism would hopefully show if it is the process of elevating privilege or the commands actually running that is the problem. So a
Code:
ssh odshekhar@Windowsmachine  'powershell -executionpolicy bypass -File  "C:\scripts\hello-world.bat"'

What output/errors do you get?

Thanks, in advance,
Robin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running a.out on Cygwin

I wrote and compiled a program on a unix machine using g++. Now I copied it over to the machine with the Unix emulator Cygwin. I tried to run it by entering "a.out" in the command prompt but was given: "bash: a.out: command not found" (without the quotes) Also worth mentioning is that i... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hito
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running shell script in Cygwin terminal

I am new to shell scripting. I tried to run a simple shell script using Cygwin terminal in Win XP env. The script I have written is as follows - #!/bin/bash a=5 ] && echo "true" || echo "false" But when I execute the script, getting some confusing error. The error I am getting are - ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: linux_learner
3 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Powershell Script Help

Need some help getting this script to work. can someone help. I am trying to create a script that moves log files to another location and only keeps 60 days worth. please see script I started but having issue getting to work.. $TODAY=GET-DATE GET-CHILDITEM C:\test\*.LOG | Where {... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: freedavis
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to start powershell with shebang from windows/cygwin/bash?

I would like to the the windws8/cygwin/bash shebang feature to start a powershell script. I do a "chmod +x set-sound.ps1" and then at a bash prompt I do ./set-sound.ps1 The first line of ./set-sound.ps1 #!powershell.exe -ExecutionPolicy unrestricted The result is the result: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running q-shell commands( on IBM-i Series) from cygwin terminal (on windows)

I have cygwin installed on windows server and when I do echo $SHELL the output is /bin/bash I have created a ssh tunnel from this windows server through cygwin to ibm -i series which is running Q-shell. I am trying to invoke a utility wsadmin (used for scripting) on ibm-i from the... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaurav99
12 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - cygwin (powershell?) pull from GitHub API Parse JSON

All, Have a weird issue where i need to generate a report from GitHub monthly detailing user accounts and the last time they logged in. I'm using a windows box to do this (work issued) and would like to know if anyone has any experience scripting for GitAPI using windows / cygwin / powershell?... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ChocoTaco
9 Replies

7. Programming

Running python script in cygwin

I have python installed here on windows: C:\Python27 and can run a script from the command line but would rather use cygwin. $ cd "C:\Users\cmccabe\Desktop\annovar" cmccabe@DTV-L2231M5J /cygdrive/c/Users/cmccabe/Desktop/annovar $ python run_batch_job.py Traceback (most recent call last):... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Powershell script to monitor windows process

Hello Friend, I am not expert in power shell scripting. I nee custom powershell script which check if given process is running on windows machine or not. will use it in nagios to monitor that process. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghpradeep
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute powershell script with UNIX

Hi I have a powershell script which is checking whether a windows service is running (as shown below) function FuncCheckService { $ServiceName = 'pgsql-9.2' $arrService = Get-Service -Name $ServiceName if ($arrService.Status -eq 'Running') { Write-Output... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: simpsa27
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

powershell script to unix shell script conversion.

Here is a powershell script to use restful API to create ticket in our ticketing tool. Can anyone please convert it to a shell script sothat, I can run it in Unix servers, below is the code: $body = @{ Customer= ''test' Summary= 'test summary' Impact= '4-Minor/Localized' ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeybhavesh18
2 Replies
CMDTEST(1)						      General Commands Manual							CMDTEST(1)

NAME
cmdtest - blackbox testing of Unix command line tools SYNOPSIS
cmdtest [-c=COMMAND] [--command=COMMAND] [--config=FILE] [--dump-config] [--dump-memory-profile=METHOD] [--dump-setting-names] [--generate-manpage=TEMPLATE] [-h] [--help] [-k] [--keep] [--list-config-files] [--log=FILE] [--log-keep=N] [--log-level=LEVEL] [--log-max=SIZE] [--no-default-configs] [--output=FILE] [-t=TEST] [--test=TEST] [--timings] [--version] [FILE]... DESCRIPTION
cmdtest black box tests Unix command line tools. Given some test scripts, their inputs, and expected outputs, it verifies that the command line produces the expected output. If not, it reports problems, and shows the differences. Each test case foo consists of the following files: foo.script a script to run the test (this is required) foo.stdin the file fed to standard input foo.stdout the expected output to the standard output foo.stderr the expected output to the standard error foo.exit the expected exit code foo.setup a shell script to run before the test foo.teardown a shell script to run after test Usually, a single test is not enough. All tests are put into the same directory, and they may share some setup and teardown code: setup-once a shell script to run once, before any tests setup a shell script to run before each test teardown a shell script to run after each test teardown-once a shell script to run once, after all tests cmdtest is given the name of the directory with all the tests, or several such directories, and it does the following: o execute setup-once o for each test case (unique prefix foo): -- execute setup -- execute foo.setup -- execute the command, by running foo.script, and redirecting standard input to come from foo.stdin, and capturing standard output and error and exit codes -- execute foo.teardown -- execute teardown -- report result of test: does exit code match foo.exit, standard output match foo.stdout, and standard error match foo.stderr? o execute teardown-once Except for foo.script, all of these files are optional. If a setup or teardown script is missing, it is simply not executed. If one of the standard input, output, or error files is missing, it is treated as if it were empty. If the exit code file is missing, it is treated as if it specified an exit code of zero. The shell scripts may use the following environment variables: DATADIR a temporary directory where files may be created by the test TESTNAME name of the current test (will be empty for setup-once and teardown-once) SRCDIR directory from which cmdtest was launched OPTIONS
-c, --command=COMMAND ignored for backwards compatibility --config=FILE add FILE to config files --dump-config write out the entire current configuration --dump-memory-profile=METHOD make memory profiling dumps using METHOD, which is one of: none, simple, meliae, or heapy (default: simple) --dump-setting-names write out all names of settings and quit --generate-manpage=TEMPLATE fill in manual page TEMPLATE -h, --help show this help message and exit -k, --keep keep temporary data on failure --list-config-files list all possible config files --log=FILE write log entries to FILE (default is to not write log files at all); use "syslog" to log to system log --log-keep=N keep last N logs (10) --log-level=LEVEL log at LEVEL, one of debug, info, warning, error, critical, fatal (default: debug) --log-max=SIZE rotate logs larger than SIZE, zero for never (default: 0) --no-default-configs clear list of configuration files to read --output=FILE write output to FILE, instead of standard output -t, --test=TEST run only TEST (can be given many times) --timings report how long each test takes --version show program's version number and exit EXAMPLE
To test that the echo(1) command outputs the expected string, create a file called echo-tests/hello.script containing the following con- tent: #!/bin/sh echo hello, world Also create the file echo-tests/hello.stdout containing: hello, world Then you can run the tests: $ cmdtest echo-tests test 1/1 1/1 tests OK, 0 failures If you change the stdout file to be something else, cmdtest will report the differences: $ cmdtest echo-tests FAIL: hello: stdout diff: --- echo-tests/hello.stdout 2011-09-11 19:14:47 +0100 +++ echo-tests/hello.stdout-actual 2011-09-11 19:14:49 +0100 @@ -1 +1 @@ -something else +hello, world test 1/1 0/1 tests OK, 1 failures Furthermore, the echo-tests directory will contain the actual output files, and diffs from the expected files. If one of the actual output files is actually correct, you can actualy rename it to be the expected file. Actually, that's a very convenient way of creating the ex- pected output files: you run the test, fixing things, until you've manually checked the actual output is correct, then you rename the file. SEE ALSO
cliapp(5). CMDTEST(1)