Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Running Powershell Script from Linux through Cygwin Post 303020734 by RudiC on Thursday 26th of July 2018 10:22:38 AM
Old 07-26-2018
What be the error / error message? Can you run in debug / xtrace mode?

Isn't this a windows related problem? Shouldn't you post in the DOS / windows forum, then?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running a.out on Cygwin

I wrote and compiled a program on a unix machine using g++. Now I copied it over to the machine with the Unix emulator Cygwin. I tried to run it by entering "a.out" in the command prompt but was given: "bash: a.out: command not found" (without the quotes) Also worth mentioning is that i... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hito
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running shell script in Cygwin terminal

I am new to shell scripting. I tried to run a simple shell script using Cygwin terminal in Win XP env. The script I have written is as follows - #!/bin/bash a=5 ] && echo "true" || echo "false" But when I execute the script, getting some confusing error. The error I am getting are - ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: linux_learner
3 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Powershell Script Help

Need some help getting this script to work. can someone help. I am trying to create a script that moves log files to another location and only keeps 60 days worth. please see script I started but having issue getting to work.. $TODAY=GET-DATE GET-CHILDITEM C:\test\*.LOG | Where {... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: freedavis
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to start powershell with shebang from windows/cygwin/bash?

I would like to the the windws8/cygwin/bash shebang feature to start a powershell script. I do a "chmod +x set-sound.ps1" and then at a bash prompt I do ./set-sound.ps1 The first line of ./set-sound.ps1 #!powershell.exe -ExecutionPolicy unrestricted The result is the result: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running q-shell commands( on IBM-i Series) from cygwin terminal (on windows)

I have cygwin installed on windows server and when I do echo $SHELL the output is /bin/bash I have created a ssh tunnel from this windows server through cygwin to ibm -i series which is running Q-shell. I am trying to invoke a utility wsadmin (used for scripting) on ibm-i from the... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaurav99
12 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - cygwin (powershell?) pull from GitHub API Parse JSON

All, Have a weird issue where i need to generate a report from GitHub monthly detailing user accounts and the last time they logged in. I'm using a windows box to do this (work issued) and would like to know if anyone has any experience scripting for GitAPI using windows / cygwin / powershell?... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ChocoTaco
9 Replies

7. Programming

Running python script in cygwin

I have python installed here on windows: C:\Python27 and can run a script from the command line but would rather use cygwin. $ cd "C:\Users\cmccabe\Desktop\annovar" cmccabe@DTV-L2231M5J /cygdrive/c/Users/cmccabe/Desktop/annovar $ python run_batch_job.py Traceback (most recent call last):... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Powershell script to monitor windows process

Hello Friend, I am not expert in power shell scripting. I nee custom powershell script which check if given process is running on windows machine or not. will use it in nagios to monitor that process. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghpradeep
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute powershell script with UNIX

Hi I have a powershell script which is checking whether a windows service is running (as shown below) function FuncCheckService { $ServiceName = 'pgsql-9.2' $arrService = Get-Service -Name $ServiceName if ($arrService.Status -eq 'Running') { Write-Output... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: simpsa27
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

powershell script to unix shell script conversion.

Here is a powershell script to use restful API to create ticket in our ticketing tool. Can anyone please convert it to a shell script sothat, I can run it in Unix servers, below is the code: $body = @{ Customer= ''test' Summary= 'test summary' Impact= '4-Minor/Localized' ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeybhavesh18
2 Replies
Sys::Filesystem::Cygwin(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			      Sys::Filesystem::Cygwin(3pm)

NAME
Sys::Filesystem::Cygwin - Return Cygwin filesystem information to Sys::Filesystem SYNOPSIS
See Sys::Filesystem. INHERITANCE
Sys::Filesystem::Cygwin ISA Sys::Filesystem::Unix ISA UNIVERSAL METHODS
version() Return the version of the (sub)module. ATTRIBUTES
The following is a list of filesystem properties which may be queried as methods through the parent Sys::Filesystem object. device Device mounted. mount_point Mount point. fs_vfstype Filesystem type. fs_mntops Mount options. SEE ALSO
<http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using.html> VERSION
$Id: Cygwin.pm 128 2010-05-12 13:16:44Z trevor $ AUTHOR
Nicola Worthington <nicolaw@cpan.org> - <http://perlgirl.org.uk> Jens Rehsack <rehsack@cpan.org> - <http://www.rehsack.de/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2004,2005,2006 Nicola Worthington. Copyright 2008-2010 Jens Rehsack. This software is licensed under The Apache Software License, Version 2.0. <http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0> perl v5.10.1 2010-05-18 Sys::Filesystem::Cygwin(3pm)