Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Running Powershell Script from Linux through Cygwin Post 303020721 by shekhar_4_u on Thursday 26th of July 2018 07:30:47 AM
Old 07-26-2018
Running Powershell Script from Linux through Cygwin

Hello Experts,

I am creating a run time powershell script on Linux machine and copying that powershell script to Windows machine. To connect to windows through "ssh", I am using Cygwin tool. To make the connection password less I copied my public in authorized_keys in windows Administrator account and now I am able to login without password like below and able to run some powershell script like echoing "Hello world" and running some Windows command from Linux machine
HTML Code:
ssh Administrator@windowsServer
But, when I call any script that needs elavated access(tha's what I observed, I may be wrong also" it gives me error.

odshekhar@LinuxMachine:/tmp$ ssh odshekhar@Windowsmachine 'powershell -executionpolicy bypass -File "C:\scripts\abc.ps1"'

If I delete my public key from windows machine and perform the same operation from Linux machine(that is if i don't use password less connection), It asks me my password for Windows machine and it works.

So, in short, it does not work when I try to use passowrd less connection and works if I dont use passowrd less connection.

Please note it is not a permission issue or any issue to establish a connection to make a connection because I am able to run simple script making password-less connection and able to run many commands too.

Thanks in advance! Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running a.out on Cygwin

I wrote and compiled a program on a unix machine using g++. Now I copied it over to the machine with the Unix emulator Cygwin. I tried to run it by entering "a.out" in the command prompt but was given: "bash: a.out: command not found" (without the quotes) Also worth mentioning is that i... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hito
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running shell script in Cygwin terminal

I am new to shell scripting. I tried to run a simple shell script using Cygwin terminal in Win XP env. The script I have written is as follows - #!/bin/bash a=5 ] && echo "true" || echo "false" But when I execute the script, getting some confusing error. The error I am getting are - ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: linux_learner
3 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Powershell Script Help

Need some help getting this script to work. can someone help. I am trying to create a script that moves log files to another location and only keeps 60 days worth. please see script I started but having issue getting to work.. $TODAY=GET-DATE GET-CHILDITEM C:\test\*.LOG | Where {... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: freedavis
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to start powershell with shebang from windows/cygwin/bash?

I would like to the the windws8/cygwin/bash shebang feature to start a powershell script. I do a "chmod +x set-sound.ps1" and then at a bash prompt I do ./set-sound.ps1 The first line of ./set-sound.ps1 #!powershell.exe -ExecutionPolicy unrestricted The result is the result: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running q-shell commands( on IBM-i Series) from cygwin terminal (on windows)

I have cygwin installed on windows server and when I do echo $SHELL the output is /bin/bash I have created a ssh tunnel from this windows server through cygwin to ibm -i series which is running Q-shell. I am trying to invoke a utility wsadmin (used for scripting) on ibm-i from the... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaurav99
12 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - cygwin (powershell?) pull from GitHub API Parse JSON

All, Have a weird issue where i need to generate a report from GitHub monthly detailing user accounts and the last time they logged in. I'm using a windows box to do this (work issued) and would like to know if anyone has any experience scripting for GitAPI using windows / cygwin / powershell?... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ChocoTaco
9 Replies

7. Programming

Running python script in cygwin

I have python installed here on windows: C:\Python27 and can run a script from the command line but would rather use cygwin. $ cd "C:\Users\cmccabe\Desktop\annovar" cmccabe@DTV-L2231M5J /cygdrive/c/Users/cmccabe/Desktop/annovar $ python run_batch_job.py Traceback (most recent call last):... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Powershell script to monitor windows process

Hello Friend, I am not expert in power shell scripting. I nee custom powershell script which check if given process is running on windows machine or not. will use it in nagios to monitor that process. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghpradeep
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute powershell script with UNIX

Hi I have a powershell script which is checking whether a windows service is running (as shown below) function FuncCheckService { $ServiceName = 'pgsql-9.2' $arrService = Get-Service -Name $ServiceName if ($arrService.Status -eq 'Running') { Write-Output... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: simpsa27
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

powershell script to unix shell script conversion.

Here is a powershell script to use restful API to create ticket in our ticketing tool. Can anyone please convert it to a shell script sothat, I can run it in Unix servers, below is the code: $body = @{ Customer= ''test' Summary= 'test summary' Impact= '4-Minor/Localized' ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeybhavesh18
2 Replies
FENCE_AGENT(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    FENCE_AGENT(8)

NAME
fence_virsh - Fence agent for virsh DESCRIPTION
fence_virsh is an I/O Fencing agent which can be used with the virtual machines managed by libvirt. It logs via ssh to a dom0 and there run virsh command, which does all work. By default, virsh needs root account to do properly work. So you must allow ssh login in your sshd_config. fence_virsh accepts options on the command line as well as from stdin. Fenced sends parameters through stdin when it execs the agent. fence_virsh can be run by itself with command line options. This is useful for testing and for turning outlets on or off from scripts. PARAMETERS
-o, --action=<action> Fencing Action (Default Value: reboot) -a, --ip=<ip> IP Address or Hostname This parameter is always required. -l, --username=<name> Login Name This parameter is always required. -p, --password=<password> Login password or passphrase -S, --password-script=<script> Script to retrieve password -x, --ssh SSH connection (Default Value: true) -k, --identity-file=<filename> Identity file for ssh -n, --plug=<id> Physical plug number or name of virtual machine This parameter is always required. -4, --inet4-only Forces agent to use IPv4 addresses only -6, --inet6-only Forces agent to use IPv6 addresses only -u, --ipport=<port> TCP port to use for connection with device -v, --verbose Verbose mode -D, --debug-file=<debugfile> Write debug information to given file -V, --version Display version information and exit -h, --help Display help and exit -C, --separator=<char> Separator for CSV created by operation list (Default Value: ,) --power-timeout Test X seconds for status change after ON/OFF (Default Value: 20) --shell-timeout Wait X seconds for cmd prompt after issuing command (Default Value: 3) --login-timeout Wait X seconds for cmd prompt after login (Default Value: 5) --power-wait Wait X seconds after issuing ON/OFF (Default Value: 0) --delay Wait X seconds before fencing is started (Default Value: 0) --retry-on Count of attempts to retry power on (Default Value: 1) ACTIONS
on Power on machine. off Power off machine. reboot Reboot machine. status This returns the status of the plug/virtual machine. list List available plugs with aliases/virtual machines if there is support for more then one device. Returns N/A otherwise. monitor Check if fencing device is running. List available plugs/virtual machines or get status of machine (if it does not support more). metadata The operational behavior of this is not known. STDIN PARAMETERS
action Fencing Action (Default Value: reboot) ipaddr IP Address or Hostname This parameter is always required. login Login Name This parameter is always required. passwd Login password or passphrase passwd_script Script to retrieve password secure SSH connection (Default Value: true) identity_file Identity file for ssh port Physical plug number or name of virtual machine This parameter is always required. inet4_only Forces agent to use IPv4 addresses only inet6_only Forces agent to use IPv6 addresses only ipport TCP port to use for connection with device verbose Verbose mode debug Write debug information to given file version Display version information and exit help Display help and exit separator Separator for CSV created by operation list (Default Value: ,) power_timeout Test X seconds for status change after ON/OFF (Default Value: 20) shell_timeout Wait X seconds for cmd prompt after issuing command (Default Value: 3) login_timeout Wait X seconds for cmd prompt after login (Default Value: 5) power_wait Wait X seconds after issuing ON/OFF (Default Value: 0) delay Wait X seconds before fencing is started (Default Value: 0) retry_on Count of attempts to retry power on (Default Value: 1) fence_virsh (Fence Agent) 2009-10-20 FENCE_AGENT(8)