Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Question regarding a book for C++ Post 303020712 by AnthonyWall56 on Thursday 26th of July 2018 01:03:22 AM
Old 07-26-2018
Question regarding a book for C++

Hi all.

A course I am has Beginning C prescribed for our C++ work, but I am wondering, is this correct? Why not Beginning C++ by the same author? We code in C++ and learn C++, when starting a project in Code::Blocks we select C++.

I may just be confused.

Thanks for the help.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Good book

I just want to know if someone can tell me if this book "C Programming Language (2nd Edition) by Brian W. Kernighan, Dennis M. Ritchie" is a good book to learn C on unix/linux ??? i'm an old (33 :)) mainframe programmer who wants to learn something else besides cobol and pl/1 ...... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pat
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

HP-UX Internals Book

. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Driver
2 Replies

3. Solaris

e-book

Hi everybody I a new one And I have just wanted to research on Sun Solaris So can you help me what e-book to read ( and if can you give me the direct address to load ) Thks so much (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: iwbasts
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Book and Links about Shells; and zsh question

HI, I would like to ask You about some good books or links where I can find information about shells, theoretical information. I will be grateful if You can help me And I have question about zsh loop trivial script: #!/bin/zsh for i in {1..100000} do echo $i; doneexec time is 10... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Physix
9 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

looking for a book suggestion

On the basic concepts of programming. I mean I am 100% self taught so I need a book to fix all my bad habits and misconceptions. I mean I want a solid book over the basics. Explains what an array is, a string, variable, stacks, and so forth. I only know how to write code in shell,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tlarkin
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is this a typo in my Book?

I'm currently learning Bash scripting from a book and the following example is given, but I think there is a typo in the variable assignment for the variable file. $ cat test5 #!/bin/bash # reading values from a file file=“states” ( shouldn't this be file=`cat states` assuming you... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: Riker1204
23 Replies

7. AIX

A book for sysadmin

Please i searching a book which covering system administration of aix7 or 6 :lvm,virtualization,fs,etc Ebook and amazon ok. Do you know something good? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
1 Replies
GLAURUNG(6)															       GLAURUNG(6)

NAME
glaurung - free UCI chess engine, to calculate chess moves SYNOPSIS
glaurung DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents the glaurung command. glaurung is an UCI chess engine, to calculate chess moves Opening book This version of Glaurung has experimental support for PolyGlot opening books. For information about how to create such books, consult the PolyGlot documentation. Currently, Glaurung requires that the book file is named book.bin and is placed in Glaurungs working directory. More than one CPU Beginning with version 2-epsilon/3, Glaurung has support for up to four CPUs. Because the program currently cannot automatically detect the number of CPUs on your computer, it uses only a single search thread by default. If your computer has two or more CPUs (this includes dual-core CPUs like the Intel Core Duo or the AMD Athlon 64 X2), you should set the "Threads" UCI parameter to the number of CPUs to obtain optimal performance. OPTIONS
This program does NOT follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes. SEE ALSO
Communication with UCI commands is documented by "The UCI Communication Protocol" in /usr/share/doc/glaurung/engine-interface.txt. AUTHOR
glaurung was written by <Romstad Tord <tord@glaurungchess.com>>. This manual page was written by Oliver Korff <ok@xynyx.de>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). Juli 9, 2007 GLAURUNG(6)