Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Forum Display - Thread Preview Text Animation Post 303020677 by Neo on Wednesday 25th of July 2018 10:55:15 AM
Old 07-25-2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peasant
My request if possible, would be not to resize those thread windows on hover.
But start to scroll text in the empty space in between Thread/Thread Starter and Last Post

Or if possible a disable option of course Smilie

Regards
Peasant.
Yeah, I was thinking to not use hover and go with some scrolling trigger, so today I downloaded the popular Waypoints.js library but no joy yet, LOL. I could not get "Infinite Scrolling" to work in showthread view.

Maybe I will try getting it to work with the thread previews.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

How to move a thread into another forum

Hi there, Does anyone know how I can move a posting from one forum into another. I believe I posted one in the wrong forum, but have no idea how to move it. I don't want to ask the same question in multiple forums. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: goodjuju
4 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

How to shift or move my thread/query from one forum to other?

I am not getting reply of my post :Switching between Linux and Windows OS in Linux forum. How to move the thread to a different forum like: "Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions"? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ravisingh
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

This forum is closed for new thread ... post here.

This forum is closed for new threads. Please post in this forum: UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Updates to Forum Navbar and Thread Reply for Unregistered Users

Hey You may have noticed I changed the navbar at the top a bit. I've almost finished converting the navbar to divs from table tags. In addition, for unregistered users, instead of seeing a "New Reply" button, unregistered users see a "Login to Reply" and icon which looks the same as our... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Forum Description Animation with jQuery

I found that the pages that lists all the forums were too cluttered with the forum descriptions, so I added a bit of jQuery to hide the forum descriptions and to fade them in and out on mouseover: <script> $(document).ready(function() { jQuery(".neo-forum-description").hide();... (2 Replies)
2 Replies
PTHREAD_SELF(3) 					     Linux Programmer's Manual						   PTHREAD_SELF(3)

NAME
pthread_self - obtain ID of the calling thread SYNOPSIS
#include <pthread.h> pthread_t pthread_self(void); Compile and link with -pthread. DESCRIPTION
The pthread_self() function returns the ID of the calling thread. This is the same value that is returned in *thread in the pthread_cre- ate(3) call that created this thread. RETURN VALUE
This function always succeeds, returning the calling thread's ID. ERRORS
This function always succeeds. CONFORMING TO
POSIX.1-2001. NOTES
POSIX.1 allows an implementation wide freedom in choosing the type used to represent a thread ID; for example, representation using either an arithmetic type or a structure is permitted. Therefore, variables of type pthread_t can't portably be compared using the C equality operator (==); use pthread_equal(3) instead. Thread identifiers should be considered opaque: any attempt to use a thread ID other than in pthreads calls is nonportable and can lead to unspecified results. Thread IDs are only guaranteed to be unique within a process. A thread ID may be reused after a terminated thread has been joined, or a detached thread has terminated. The thread ID returned by pthread_self() is not the same thing as the kernel thread ID returned by a call to gettid(2). SEE ALSO
pthread_create(3), pthread_equal(3), pthreads(7) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.25 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2008-10-24 PTHREAD_SELF(3)