Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Man Page Repositories - Added jQuery and Bootstrap Post 303020614 by Neo on Tuesday 24th of July 2018 04:42:51 AM
Old 07-24-2018
Man Page Repositories - Added jQuery and Bootstrap

I added both jQuery and Bootstrap Javacript libs to all man page repository pages.

TODO: I need to add pagination to these repos because most are very large and load to slow on a single page.

For the first upgrade, I manually added one new CSS Class (repository) to the main repo tables and added the following jQuery for these repo pages, a lazy man's way instead of editing all the HTML templates:

Code:
<script>
jQuery(document).ready(function(){
  jQuery("table").removeClass("tborder").addClass("table");
  jQuery(".repository").addClass("table-hover");
  jQuery("h1").css({"font-size":"2em"});
  jQuery("h2").css({"font-size":"2em"});
  jQuery("table").css({"margin":"0px"});
  jQuery("table").wrap('<div class="tborder" style="overflow:auto;"></div>');
  jQuery(".vbmenu_popup").find("table").removeClass("table");
});
</script>

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

scp-1.2.27 man page

Hi Guys, I'm looking for the man page for scp version 1.2.27 I have an old redhat server that has a few large scripts that use this version and I want to know what the -A flag does and the man page is not on there. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tornado
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

man page issue

Man page is not working my system. It is giving the following the following error > man ls gdbm fatal: read error with debug option > man -d ls ... .... ... ... using less as pager checking for locale en_US add_nls_manpath(): processing /usr/local/man:/usr/share/man:/usr/X11R6/man... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveenkumar_l
4 Replies

3. Solaris

man page question

What does the last change means in man page .. does that this man page has not been updated since 2003 or something else ? newfs-options The options are documented in the newfs man page. SunOS 5.10 Last change: 9 Dec 2003 1 System... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
2 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

JQuery and CSS Flex Code for Responsive WOL Page

I have just wrote this jQuery to the WOL page, so the table of users on line will not need scrollbars and will instead transform into a responsive table: <script> jQuery(document).ready(function (){ jQuery("#neo-who-flex-tcat"). css({"display":"flex","flex-flow":"row wrap", ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

JQuery and CSS Flex Code for Responsive Forum Home Page

So far, I have completed making the home page more responsive (except for the forum stats at the top and the WOL box at the bottom, they still use scroll bars). xevV3_iZ8-s For full screen use the link below and set your YT resolution to 1080p60 HD https://youtu.be/xevV3_iZ8-s Here is... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Loading Animation for Large Man Page Repositories

Should have done this 10 years ago, so better late than never: Just added a "loading" animation to the the man page repositories when they load, especially since some are very large and take many seconds to load. See for example: https://www.unix.com/man-page-opensolaris-repository.php ... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Quick Update on UNIX.COM Site Renovation: Bootstrap, Font Awesome and jQuery

Here is an update on the site renovation: After a lot of analysis and example programming, including testing out a number of Javascript framework and libraries, in the short term, we are getting the most bang-for-the-buck from these three basic, core tech areas: Bootstrap (CSS and... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Quick Bootstrap Reformat of Forum Staff Page

This page still needs work (complete redesign), but in the meantime, I quickly added some Bootstrap classes to "pretty it up": https://www.unix.com/staff.php https://www.unix.com/staff.php (0 Replies)
0 Replies
MAN(1)							      General Commands Manual							    MAN(1)

NAME
man, lookman - print or find pages of this manual SYNOPSIS
man [ option ... ] [ section ... ] title ... lookman key ... DESCRIPTION
Man locates and prints pages of this manual named title in the specified sections. Title is given in lower case. Each section is a num- ber; pages marked (2S), for example, belong to chapter 2. If no section is specified, pages in all sections are printed. Any name from the NAME section at the top of the page will serve as a title. The options are: -p Run proof(1) on the specified man pages. -t Run troff and send its output to standard output. -n (Default) Print the pages on the standard output using nroff. Lookman prints the names of all manual sections that contain all of the key words given on the command line. FILES
/sys/man/?/* troff source for manual; this page is /sys/man/1/man /sys/man/?/INDEX indices searched to find pages corresponding to titles /sys/lib/man/secindex command to make an index for a given section /sys/lib/man/lookman/index index for lookman SOURCE
/rc/bin/man /rc/bin/lookman SEE ALSO
proof(1) BUGS
The manual was intended to be typeset; some detail is sacrificed on text terminals. There is no automatic mechanism to keep the indices up to date. Except for special cases, it doesn't recognize things that should be run through tbl and/or eqn. MAN(1)