Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Update to Posts - Member Info Icon and Badge Post 303020545 by Don Cragun on Monday 23rd of July 2018 12:10:47 AM
Old 07-23-2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Yes, in those links, the color of the text is changed and it is this color change which indicates it is a link, not underlines.

This is the correct and expected behavior for links in texts, to use color instead of underlines and to change to a new color (and/or add an underline) when there is a mouseover the link. This is standard best practice for links in text these days.

Do you want to change the color of the link indicator color (in post text) to make it stand out more?
My old eyes didn't see any color difference between the text in a link and text that is not in a link in either FireFox or Safari on macOS High Sierra (version 10.13.6) on a 2 year old or 4 year old MacBook Pro.

Now that you tell me there is a difference, I can see that the link text is a very slightly lighter black if I blow up the text to at least five times its normal size.

So, yes, I very much want to change the color of the link indicator color to make it stand out more!

Sorry for the confusion. My sight isn't as good as it used to be.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Update my info

I hadn't logged on here in several months. I want to update my info, such as the email address that I can be contacted at, but I don't see any links to do that. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cleopard
1 Replies

2. Red Hat

Gpk-update-icon consume more CPU

Dear all, I have installed OEL Oracle Linux 6.4 on my server , when I type " Top " command to see the CPU utilization , the output shows a root user executed "gpk-update-icon" which consume upto 98% , So needs your feedback with solution. If I kill this process it will effect ?? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mody82
1 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Update to Navbar - Member Info and Avatars

Hey, I moved the user information in the top right on the navbar to side panel and replace it with a clickable avatar image. If you have an avatar, you will see your avatar and if you don't you will see some default one (will change it to something better later). If you have any notification... (53 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
53 Replies

4. Web Development

Update to Member List - New Click Options

FYI, Have updated our memberlist : https://www.unix.com/members/list/?order=DESC&sort=lastvisit&pp=30 $cat memberlist.php ... 375 // added next line by neo 15 Nov 2018 376 $condition .= ' AND credits > 0'; ... The reason for this change is insure the... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

5. Web Development

Color a Badge Based on the Weeks the Member is Active in the Latest Sequence

Hi Ravinder, Could you (and anyone else who wants to help out) check this PHP code and confirm it does what I expect it to do, which is to color a badge based on the weeks a member is active in the latest sequence? I did a cut-paste-change from my "days in sequence" PHP prototype script and it... (6 Replies)
6 Replies
COLORS(3)						   libbash colors Library Manual						 COLORS(3)

NAME
colors -- libbash library for setting tty colors. SYNOPSIS
colorSet <color> colorReset colorPrint [<indent>] <color> <text> colorPrintN [<indent>] <color> <text> DESCRIPTION
General colors is a collection of functions that make it very easy to put colored text on tty. The function list: colorSet Sets the color of the prints to the tty to COLOR colorReset Resets current tty color back to normal colorPrint Prints TEXT in the color COLOR indented by INDENT (without adding a newline) colorPrintN The same as colorPrint, but trailing newline is added Detailed interface description follows. Available colors: Green Red Yellow White The color parameter is non-case-sensitive (i.e. RED, red, ReD, and all the other forms are valid and are the same as Red). FUNCTIONS DESCRIPTIONS
colorSet <color> Sets the current printing color to color. colorReset Resets current tty color back to normal. colorPrint [<indent>] <color> Prints text using the color color indented by indent (without adding a newline). Parameters: <indent> The column to move to before start printing. This parameter is optional. If ommitted - start output from current cursor position. <color> The color to use. <color> The text to print. colorPrintN [<indent>] <color> The same as colorPrint, except a trailing newline is added. EXAMPLES
Printing a green 'Hello World' with a newline: Using colorSet: $ colorSet green $ echo 'Hello World' $ colorReset Using colorPrint: $ colorPrint 'Hello World'; echo Using colorPrintN: $ colorPrintN 'Hello World' AUTHORS
Hai Zaar <haizaar@haizaar.com> Gil Ran <gil@ran4.net> SEE ALSO
ldbash(1), libbash(1) Linux Epoch Linux