Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers How Do I FTP System Files to Different Server? Post 303020475 by spock9458 on Friday 20th of July 2018 12:26:03 PM
Old 07-20-2018
OK, I think I have found a possible reason why the ftp connection won't work. My older system, when being contacted via ftp on the command line, identifies itself as "scounix.SJCAT.COM". The SJCAT.COM domain was an ancient Windows Active Directory domain that we had many years ago. Our current domain is a different name, so where does the TCP/IP settings get changed in the SCO OpenServer 5.0.6 machine? I'm thinking that my current DNS server, and both the old and new SCO systems should have accurate network identification information, right? I just need to know where to go to make all of the necessary changes. Please advise - thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP multiple files from remote server to local server

Hi, I am facing a weired problem in my FTP script. I want to transfer multiple files from remote server to local server everyday, using mget * in my script. I also, want to send an email for successful or failed FTP. My script works for file transfer, but it don't send any mail. There is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: berlin_germany
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Secure FTP Problem using Sun SSH on Client system F-Secure on Server system

I am using shell script to do secure ftp. I have done key file setup to do password less authentication. Following are the FTP Details: FTP Client has Sun SSH. FTP Server has F-Secure. I am using SCP Command to do secure copy files. When I am doing this, I am getting the foll error scp:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ftpguy
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP files to target Mainframe system

Hi Experts... Greetings for the day..! I just want to FTP the files to mainframe system.. my code is not working..and also i need to put the files in a particular directory in a specific naming format... ftp -i -n ${HOST_NAME} << END_FTP user ${USER_NAME} ${PASSWORD} put ${FILE_NAME}... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: spkandy
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP Files from one server to another

Hi, I want to run a process on server a, pulling files from server b and pushing it to server c. Can i do that without dropping the files on server a? Thanks, Samit (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samit_9999
2 Replies

5. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Not able to FTP the files to a FTP server

Hi , We are facing a weird problem in our project. we need to send some xml & audio files to a remote FTP server from a Linux box, we are doing this in Perl script using Net::FTP->. Issue here is.. when FTPed the files using Perl scripts, only empty files ( 0 byte) are getting created on the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kishorepotta
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

script for to take files from FTP server to UNIX server and Unzipped that files

script for to take files from FTP server to UNIX server and Unzipped that files (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunilamarnadh
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Validating the size of file transferred from ftp server to the local system

Validating the size of file transferred from ftp server to the local system. File type: Text file/Flat file Source System: Windows / Unix Systems Target System is always: Unix Mode of Transfer : ASCII We have generic ftp shell script that transfers the files from different ftp servers. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jpundalik
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help creating a script to FTP files to a server and then delete the files that were transfered.

I am trying to FTP files to a Windows server through my Linux machine. I have setup the file transfer with no problems but am having problem deleting those files from the Linux box. My current non-working solution is below. Any ideas, anyone?? :wall: Please be gentle, I'm fairly new to this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmalfhs
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP multiple files from one server to one server

Hi, I'm new to shell script..I have one requriement like - In one server have more than one files,I want to ftp those files to some otehr server.. Ex : test1.pdf test2.pdf Please suggest me how to do (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkaswa
3 Replies

10. Solaris

FTP-ing files from Windows server to UNIX server

I need to transfer files from a Windows server to the Unix server and have to run some shell script on it to get the required output. Is it possible to transfer files from Windows server to unix server through any shell script? If so can you please help me with the details. Thanks in... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssk250
8 Replies
tz(4)							     Kernel Interfaces Manual							     tz(4)

Name
       tz - SCSI magnetic tape interface

Syntax
       VAX NCR 5380:
	 adapter      uba0    at nexus?
	 controller   scsi0   at uba0	 csr 0x200c0080  vector szintr
	 tape	      tz0     at scsi0	 drive 0

VAX DEC SII:
	 adapter      ibus0   at nexus?
	 controller   sii0    at ibus?	 vector sii_intr
	 tape	      tz0     at sii0	 drive 0

RISC DEC SII:
	 controller   sii0    at ibus?	 vector sii_intr
	 tape	      tz0     at sii0	 drive 0

RISC DEC KZQ:
	 adapter      uba0    at nexus?
	 controller   kzq0    at ibus? csr 0761300vector sii_intr
	 tape	      tz0     at kzq0	 drive 0

RISC NCR ASC:
	 controller   asc0    at ibus?	 vector ascintr
	 tape	      tz0     at asc0	 drive 0

Description
       The SCSI tape driver provides a standard tape drive interface as described in This is a driver for any Digital SCSI tape device.

For  the  TZK10	QIC  format tape drive, the densities supported are QIC-24 (read only) block size of 512 byte blocks, QIC-120, and QIC-150
       read/write block size of 512 byte blocks, and QIC-320 read/write block size of 1024 byte blocks.  With QIC format style tapes all reads and
       writes  must  be  in  multiple  of the block size.  This is a requirement of fixed block tape drives because record boundaries are not pre-
       served.	The QIC densities are selected using the following special device names:

QIC-24 Fixed block size.
	 QIC-120 Fixed block size.
	 QIC-150 Fixed block size.
	 QIC-320 Fixed block size.

With all fixed block tape devices a of a file to the tape must be padded out.  An example of this is a of which has a size of approximately
       3800 bytes.
       dd if=/etc/gettytab of=/dev/rmt0h bs=10k conv=sync
	 or
       dd if=/etc/gettytab of=/dev/rmt0l bs=512 conv=sync
       The option of pads the output to block size.

This  driver  also  supports  n-buffered  reads	and  writes  to the raw tape interface (used with streaming tape drives).  See for further
       details.

Tape Support
       TZ30, TZK50, TLZ04, TSZ05, TKZ08, TZK10

Diagnostics
       All diagnostic messages are sent to the error logger subsystem.

Files
See Also
       mtio(4), nbuf(4), SCSI(4), MAKEDEV(8), uerf(8), tapex(8)
       Guide to the Error Logger

tz(4)