Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Best practices for sugroups for root ? backdoor user access ? Post 303020472 by rbatte1 on Friday 20th of July 2018 09:26:56 AM
Old 07-20-2018
Could you not have multiple groups defined in the sugroups= field for the root account and add a group that ONLY has your backdoor account in? I'm pretty sure it is a comma separated list but I don't have access to AIX servers any more so i can't test it.

I hope that this helps,
Robin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

user commands without root access

Hi I have been asked to find out how to 1) create users 2) reset passwords 3) kill processes that may require root privileges without having root password, sudo rights or rights to passwd command Any ideas? Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: emealogistics
1 Replies

2. Solaris

I can not access root user through LAN

Dear i have installed Solaris 10 on SUN V240 after installation i can not access system through root user if i access system through any other user it conects but root is not connecting through LAN if i connect through SC and then access root though cosole -f command it also works kindly... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rizwan225
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

access user history as root

Hi, I need to access a user's command history. However, the dilemma is that he is logged in and so his current history is not yet flushed to .bash_history file which gets flushed when he logs out. Is there a way I can still access his most recent history? thank you, S (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sardare
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to allow access to some commands having root privleges to be run bu non root user

hi i am new to unix and i have abig task. i have to \run particular commands having root privileges from a non root user. i know sudo is one of the way but i need sum other approach kindly help Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: suryashikha
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Urgent Help...Pseudo-Device provides a Backdoor Entry to root.

Can Anybody help to create a pseudo-device and write a device driver for it. The pseudo-device provides a “backdoor” for gaining root access for a particular user. Instead of compiling the device driver into the kernel. Modules are object binaries that can be dynamically loaded into the kernel. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nyjilgeorge1
1 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

The pseudo-device provides a “backdoor” for gaining root access for a particular user.

Problem statement. In this part of the assignment, delegates will create a pseudo-device and write a device driver for it. The pseudo-device provides a “backdoor” for gaining root access for a particular user. Instead of compiling the device driver into the kernel, delegate will create a module.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nyjilgeorge1
1 Replies

7. Cybersecurity

Linux Universal Packet/Ham Radio Backdoor - root!

Tails (LiveCD) is crap, and I'm being nice here. Bloated, contains HAMRADIO and PACKET RADIO modules which no one in their right mind would use on a distro aimed at Tor use, I don't even believe 1% of Linux users use them, yet they're generated right there in the directories. Google about ham radio... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chipinmybrain
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to give root access to non root user?

Currently in my system Red Hat is installed. And Many user connect to my machine via SSH Techia Terminal. I want to give some users a root level access. Can anyone please help me how to make it possible. I too searched on the Google but didn't find the correct way Regards ADI (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adisky123
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Sudo access of rm to non-root user

Hello, It is Solaris-10. There is a file as /opt/vpp/dom1.2/pdd/today_23. It is always generated by root, so owned by root only. This file has to be deleted as part of application restart always and that is done by app_user and SA is always involved to do rm on that file. Is it possible to give... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Non root user access to /dev/mem

Hi All, I have to install an application which needs access to system BIOS information. The application needs to be installed by non root user. How would i grant read privileges of /dev/mem file to the non root user so that it can capture system BIOS information while running the application?... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Soumyadip Dutta
13 Replies
Xwrapper.config(5)						File Formats Manual						Xwrapper.config(5)

NAME
Xwrapper.config - configuration options for X server wrapper DESCRIPTION
/etc/X11/Xwrapper.config contains a set of flags that determine some of the behavior of Debian's X server wrapper, which is installed on the system as /usr/bin/X. The purpose of the wrapper, and of this configuration file, is twofold. Firstly, it is intended to implement sound security practices. Since the X server requires superuser privileges, it may be unwise to per- mit just any user on the system to execute it. Even if the X server is not exploitable in the sense of permitting ordinary users to gain elevated privileges, a poorly-written or insufficiently-tested hardware driver for the X server may cause bus lockups and freeze the sys- tem, an unpleasant experience for anyone using it at the time. Secondly, a wrapper is a convenient place to set up an execution environment for the X server distinct from the configurable parameters of the X server itself. Xwrapper.config may be edited by hand, but it is typically configured via debconf(7), the Debian configuration tool. The X server wrapper is part of the x11-common Debian package; therefore, the parameters of Xwrapper.config may be changed with the command dpkg-reconfigure x11-common. See dpkg-reconfigure(8) for more information. The format of Xwrapper.config is a text file containing a series of lines of the form name=value where name is a variable name containing any combination of numbers, letters, or underscore (_) characters, and value is any combination of letters, numbers, underscores (_), or dashes (-). value may also contain spaces as long as there is at least one character from the list above bounding the space(s) on both sides. Whitespace before and after name, value, or the equals sign is legal but ignored. Any lines not matching the above described legal format are ignored. Note that this specification may change as the X server wrapper develops. Available options are: allowed_users may be set to one of the following values: rootonly, console, or anybody. rootonly indicates that only the root user may start the X server; console indicates that root, or any user whose controlling TTY is a virtual console, may start the X server; and anybody indicates that any user may start the X server. AUTHORS
The X server wrapper was written by Stephen Early, Mark Eichin, and Branden Robinson for the Debian Project, with valuable contributions from Erik Troan, Topi Miettinen, and Colin Phipps. This manual page was written by Branden Robinson with sponsorship from Progeny Linux Systems. SEE ALSO
debconf(7), dpkg-reconfigure(8) Debian Project 2004-10-31 Xwrapper.config(5)