Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Modify python script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Modify python script Post 303020455 by Chubler_XL on Thursday 19th of July 2018 08:31:05 PM
Old 07-19-2018
Don't have zenity or seamonkey installed so this is untested:

Code:
#!/usr/bin/python3
import os
import urllib
yahoo = os.popen('zenity --entry --text="Enter what you want to yahoo:" --title="yahoo.py"').read()
yahoo = urllib.quote(yahoo)
os.system('seamonkey -new-window https://uk.search.yahoo.com/search?&p=%s' % (yahoo))

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is it possible in a shell script to modify itself ??

We are running a quiz and the data collected from the quiz is submitted to the database. My requirement is to write a shell script to get these submitted records. I should be able to run this shell script at any time and the records it returns should be the ones submitted after the script was... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sehgalniraj
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using a script to modify the crontab

I want to add one line to the end of my crontab using a script. I have tried piping in the editor commands, but I can't get it to work. crontab -e user << EX $a This is the text I want to add. . wq EX This doesn't work. Is there an easier way to do this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnmsucpe
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify Perl script to work with txt - Permissions script

Hi I have this code, and i want work with a ls -shalR output in .txt What i need read to do this?? Where start? #!/usr/bin/perl # Allrights- A perl tool for making backups of file permissions # Copyright (C) 2005 Norbert Klein <norbert@acodedb.com> # This program is free... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: joangopan
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help to modify my script

Hi, I have a script which connect to ATM's and pull two files from the ATM. The which i try to pull is like PIC20085200001*.JPG First 7 digit consist of year montn and date as well After todays execution i want to change the date to next date I add few lines in the script but it is not... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
6 Replies

5. Solaris

Need help with script when trying to modify user

The script get a csv file with 2 colls for example: 123456,UNIX 963852,Microsoft the script supose to put the number in the Description of the user in this case UNIX or Microsoft the error i get is does not exist.OR: UNIX does not exist.OR: Microsoft but the users exist so i do not... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shatztal
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can I modify this script.

hello forum members, I have a script which is used find the Uname and passwords and redirects into a output.txt file.I hardcoded a string "ciadev" but iwant search two more strings also "absdev" and "absprod" So modify this script please. I am lookinmg forward from you, please find the below... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajkumar_g
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify /etc/passwd via script

We have a business need to modify the /etc/passwd file every time a new user gets added, because the user ID begins with a zero. When you create the new user in smit, even if you put the leading zero in, it does not retain it when the entry is added. That being said, I need to create a script... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mshilling
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help me to modify my script in stdout

please help me to modify my script #! /bin/bash while read line do echo "$line" >>/tmp/result && mysql -ss -e "use $line; select count(*) from users where type='admin' and deleted = 0;" > /tmp/result; done < /tmp/db_data cat result alan_hardwsdefs 2 bgrmods 2 claudiatdsefs 1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unimaxlin
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify sed script

I'm trying to take out strings from log files and add them to a csv. For example, in the directory now, there are 2 log files. I get the following results: sed -e '/custodian/b' -e '/packaged by/b' -e '/package name/b' -e '/Total Data (MB) Read/b' -e '/Begin Time/b' -e d * packaged by =... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: chipperuga
10 Replies

10. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How to execute python script on remote with python way..?

Hi all, I am trying to run below python code for connecting remote windows machine from unix to run an python file exist on that remote windows machine.. Below is the code I am trying: #!/usr/bin/env python import wmi c = wmi.WMI("xxxxx", user="xxxx", password="xxxxxxx")... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: onenessboy
1 Replies
GO-PACKAGES(7)						 Miscellaneous Information Manual					    GO-PACKAGES(7)

NAME
go - tool for managing Go source code DESCRIPTION
Many commands apply to a set of packages: go action [packages] Usually, [packages] is a list of import paths. An import path that is a rooted path or that begins with a . or .. element is interpreted as a file system path and denotes the package in that directory. Otherwise, the import path P denotes the package found in the directory DIR/src/P for some DIR listed in the GOPATH environment variable (see 'go help gopath'). If no import paths are given, the action applies to the package in the current directory. The special import path "all" expands to all package directories found in all the GOPATH trees. For example, 'go list all' lists all the packages on the local system. The special import path "std" is like all but expands to just the packages in the standard Go library. An import path is a pattern if it includes one or more "..." wildcards, each of which can match any string, including the empty string and strings containing slashes. Such a pattern expands to all package directories found in the GOPATH trees with names matching the patterns. As a special case, x/... matches x as well as x's subdirectories. For example, net/... expands to net and packages in its subdirectories. An import path can also name a package to be downloaded from a remote repository. Run 'go help remote' for details. Every package in a program must have a unique import path. By convention, this is arranged by starting each path with a unique prefix that belongs to you. For example, paths used internally at Google all begin with 'google', and paths denoting remote repositories begin with the path to the code, such as 'code.google.com/p/project'. As a special case, if the package list is a list of .go files from a single directory, the command is applied to a single synthesized pack- age made up of exactly those files, ignoring any build constraints in those files and ignoring any other files in the directory. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Michael Stapelberg <stapelberg@debian.org>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others). 2012-05-13 GO-PACKAGES(7)