Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Unable to redirect output to a file Post 303020442 by mohtashims on Thursday 19th of July 2018 01:56:20 PM
Old 07-19-2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by disedorgue
Hi,
When you redirect file descriptor (as 2), you don't add space between fd and redirect...
So, try with:
Code:
version=`"$java_version" -version 2>&1`

and/or
Code:
$java_version -version 2>>/tmp/moht/java_version.log

Worked !! many thanks Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirect output to file?

Hi: I am currently working on a program which requires direct its ouput to a file here is an example ./proram arg_1 arg_2 when program ends all output will be arg_2 file Is that possible I am not a bad programmer, However I am stuck there. Can anyone give a hint? Thanks SW (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: slackware
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Redirect output to a file

Ahhhrrrggg I'm having a brain fart... I want to take the output of a command and redirect it to a file... This works.... $ man cp | cat >> copy_help but this doesn't keytool -help |cat >> keytool_help It just produces... these lines... more keytool_help ] ... ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmyc
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirect output to log file

hello all, I'm invoking the program generate-report using backticks from my perl program and redirecting the output to the log file sge-stderr.log. But when i check the process using ps command it is spawing two processes where the below code is parent process and the program generate-report as... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalyanraj
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

redirect output to a file name

Hi all!! is possible to assign the output of some command to filename, i.e. grep_output.txt Otherwise, I want to open a new file which name is inside another, how can I do it? Thanks a lot! (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: csecnarf
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

unable to redirect output

I have a script on Linux that is using sfdisk to partition a usb drive. I'm trying to redirectory the standard out and standard error which works, however, there is still messages being diplayed. I guess it's kernel messages? Is there a way to redirect this output? Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lochraven
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

redirect output into the middle of a file

If I want to cat one file and have the output inserted into a specific place on another file, how is this done? I know how to append >> and to overwrite > but say I have a file with: File1: abc def ghi jkl And a File with: File2: mno pqr stu vwx And I want to place the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: glev2005
5 Replies

7. AIX

Unable to get the full content into a file when I redirect installp command output..

When i use the command to check the preview of the filesets to be installed using CLI # When using this commad 'm able to see all Preview view of the filesets to be installed installp -apgX -d "." all # When I redirected the same output to a file 'm able to see only half the details... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sounddappan
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to redirect output of ls to a file?

Hi All, I want to redirect only the file names to a new file from the ls -ltr directroy. how Can i do it. my ls -ltr output will be as below. -rwxr-xr-x 1 118 103 28295 Jul 26 2006 event.podl -rwxr-xr-x 1 118 103 28295 Jul 26 2006 xyz.podl I want my new file... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.raos
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to mail monitoring output if required or redirect output to log file

Below script perfectly works, giving below mail output. BUT, I want to make the script mail only if there are any D-Defined/T-Transition/B-Broken State WPARs and also to copy the output generated during monitoring to a temporary log file, which gets cleaned up every week. Need suggestions. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aix_admin_007
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirect script output to a file and mail the output

Hi Guys, I want to redirect the output of 3 scripts to a file and then mail the output of those three scripts. I used below but it is not working: OFILE=/home/home1/report1 echo "report1 details" > $OFILE =/home/home1/1.sh > $OFILE echo... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vivekit82
7 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)