Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Unable to redirect output to a file Post 303020438 by mohtashims on Thursday 19th of July 2018 12:47:13 PM
Old 07-19-2018
Hammer & Screwdriver

Quote:
Originally Posted by vgersh99
I believe your last line produces no errors and therefore truncates your output file.
tried to debug with set -x yet?
Here is the output after adding set -x

Quote:
bash-3.2$ ./1test.tmp
+++ which java
++ java_version=/usr/bin/java
++ echo 'MY JAVA:/usr/bin/java'
MY JAVA:/usr/bin/java
+++ /usr/bin/java -version
java version "1.6.0_171"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_171-b13)
Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (build 20.171-b13, mixed mode)
++ version=
++ echo
++ /usr/bin/java -version 2
java version "1.6.0_171"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_171-b13)
Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (build 20.171-b13, mixed mode)

Can you please tell me why is the output not getting redirected in the file ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirect output to file?

Hi: I am currently working on a program which requires direct its ouput to a file here is an example ./proram arg_1 arg_2 when program ends all output will be arg_2 file Is that possible I am not a bad programmer, However I am stuck there. Can anyone give a hint? Thanks SW (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: slackware
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Redirect output to a file

Ahhhrrrggg I'm having a brain fart... I want to take the output of a command and redirect it to a file... This works.... $ man cp | cat >> copy_help but this doesn't keytool -help |cat >> keytool_help It just produces... these lines... more keytool_help ] ... ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmyc
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirect output to log file

hello all, I'm invoking the program generate-report using backticks from my perl program and redirecting the output to the log file sge-stderr.log. But when i check the process using ps command it is spawing two processes where the below code is parent process and the program generate-report as... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalyanraj
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

redirect output to a file name

Hi all!! is possible to assign the output of some command to filename, i.e. grep_output.txt Otherwise, I want to open a new file which name is inside another, how can I do it? Thanks a lot! (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: csecnarf
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

unable to redirect output

I have a script on Linux that is using sfdisk to partition a usb drive. I'm trying to redirectory the standard out and standard error which works, however, there is still messages being diplayed. I guess it's kernel messages? Is there a way to redirect this output? Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lochraven
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

redirect output into the middle of a file

If I want to cat one file and have the output inserted into a specific place on another file, how is this done? I know how to append >> and to overwrite > but say I have a file with: File1: abc def ghi jkl And a File with: File2: mno pqr stu vwx And I want to place the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: glev2005
5 Replies

7. AIX

Unable to get the full content into a file when I redirect installp command output..

When i use the command to check the preview of the filesets to be installed using CLI # When using this commad 'm able to see all Preview view of the filesets to be installed installp -apgX -d "." all # When I redirected the same output to a file 'm able to see only half the details... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sounddappan
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to redirect output of ls to a file?

Hi All, I want to redirect only the file names to a new file from the ls -ltr directroy. how Can i do it. my ls -ltr output will be as below. -rwxr-xr-x 1 118 103 28295 Jul 26 2006 event.podl -rwxr-xr-x 1 118 103 28295 Jul 26 2006 xyz.podl I want my new file... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.raos
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to mail monitoring output if required or redirect output to log file

Below script perfectly works, giving below mail output. BUT, I want to make the script mail only if there are any D-Defined/T-Transition/B-Broken State WPARs and also to copy the output generated during monitoring to a temporary log file, which gets cleaned up every week. Need suggestions. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aix_admin_007
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirect script output to a file and mail the output

Hi Guys, I want to redirect the output of 3 scripts to a file and then mail the output of those three scripts. I used below but it is not working: OFILE=/home/home1/report1 echo "report1 details" > $OFILE =/home/home1/1.sh > $OFILE echo... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vivekit82
7 Replies
ttk_image(n)							 Tk Themed Widget						      ttk_image(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
ttk_image - Define an element based on an image SYNOPSIS
ttk::style element create name image imageSpec ?options? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The image element factory creates a new element in the current theme whose visual appearance is determined by Tk images. imageSpec is a list of one or more elements. The first element is the default image name. The rest of the list is a sequence of statespec / value pairs specifying other images to use when the element is in a particular state or combination of states. OPTIONS
Valid options are: -border padding padding is a list of up to four integers, specifying the left, top, right, and bottom borders, respectively. See IMAGE STRETCHING, below. -height height Specifies a minimum height for the element. If less than zero, the base image's height is used as a default. -padding padding Specifies the element's interior padding. Defaults to -border if not specified. -sticky spec Specifies how the image is placed within the final parcel. spec contains zero or more characters "n", "s", "w", or "e". -width width Specifies a minimum width for the element. If less than zero, the base image's width is used as a default. IMAGE STRETCHING
If the element's allocated parcel is larger than the image, the image will be placed in the parcel based on the -sticky option. If the image needs to stretch horizontally (i.e., -sticky ew) or vertically (-sticky ns), subregions of the image are replicated to fill the par- cel based on the -border option. The -border divides the image into 9 regions: four fixed corners, top and left edges (which may be tiled horizontally), left and right edges (which may be tiled vertically), and the central area (which may be tiled in both directions). EXAMPLE
set img1 [image create photo -file button.png] set img2 [image create photo -file button-pressed.png] set img3 [image create photo -file button-active.png] style element create Button.button image [list $img1 pressed $img2 active $img3] -border {2 4} -sticky we SEE ALSO
ttk::intro(n), ttk::style(n), ttk_vsapi(n), image(n), photo(n) KEYWORDS
style, theme, appearance, pixmap theme, image Tk 8.5 ttk_image(n)