Sponsored Content
The Lounge War Stories Postbit Changes (Phase II Upgrade) Post 303020423 by Neo on Thursday 19th of July 2018 06:07:08 AM
Old 07-19-2018
OK.... after a lot of analysis of the postbit HTML template, the first thing which must be done is to remove the tables from the 10 $templatehooks, and and search of the DB reveals only 2 plugins are using these template hooks:

Code:
1. Thank You
2. Scott - 998 - Add History to PostBit Menu

However, the table in 998 is not an issue because that table is a small popup menu and does not need to be changed at this time.

The Thank You hack is important, so I need to covert all of these to divs first and get rid of the table tags.

Then, after that, the next step, based on postbit HTML analysis, is to look inside these post array items and check for table, td and tr tags since all of these are wrapped in table tags:

Code:
$post[imageattachmentlinks]
$post[otherattachments
$post[moderatedattachments]

Then that is done and nothing is broken, then can look at converting the main postbit message table and rows.

... gezzzzzz LOL

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

init phase

Hello, Can somebody explain me the relationship between /sbin and /etc directories ? what is the relationship between them and what are the roles of files such as rcd.1 etc? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saudsos
1 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Small bug in the Quick Editor function in postbit

Hey, There was a small bug in the Quick Editor function in postbit, but I fixed it (basically a double quote was missing from an element id): <div id="post_message_$post" class="neo-message-area">$post</div> Was <div id="post_message_$post class="neo-message-area">$post</div> Should... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neo
1 Replies

3. Web Development

New Supplementary CSS for Forum Postbit

Working on moving inline style to a supplementary CSS file. This one is postbit.css: .pb-wrapper { border-style: solid; border-width: 1px; border-color: rgba(110, 117, 182, 0.99); padding: 0px 0px 0px 0px; } .pb-wrapper-b { padding: 0px; border-width: 0px 0px 1px... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

4. Docker

Docker learning Phase-I

Hello All, I had recently learnt a bit of Docker(which provides containerization process). Here are some of my learning points from it. Let us start first with very basic question: What is Docker: Docker is a platform for sysadmins and developers to DEPLOY, DEVELOP and RUN applications ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: RavinderSingh13
7 Replies
HTML::Filter(3) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   HTML::Filter(3)

NAME
HTML::Filter - Filter HTML text through the parser NOTE
This module is deprecated. The "HTML::Parser" now provides the functionally of "HTML::Filter" much more efficiently with the the "default" handler. SYNOPSIS
require HTML::Filter; $p = HTML::Filter->new->parse_file("index.html"); DESCRIPTION
"HTML::Filter" is an HTML parser that by default prints the original text of each HTML element (a slow version of cat(1) basically). The callback methods may be overridden to modify the filtering for some HTML elements and you can override output() method which is called to print the HTML text. "HTML::Filter" is a subclass of "HTML::Parser". This means that the document should be given to the parser by calling the $p->parse() or $p->parse_file() methods. EXAMPLES
The first example is a filter that will remove all comments from an HTML file. This is achieved by simply overriding the comment method to do nothing. package CommentStripper; require HTML::Filter; @ISA=qw(HTML::Filter); sub comment { } # ignore comments The second example shows a filter that will remove any <TABLE>s found in the HTML file. We specialize the start() and end() methods to count table tags and then make output not happen when inside a table. package TableStripper; require HTML::Filter; @ISA=qw(HTML::Filter); sub start { my $self = shift; $self->{table_seen}++ if $_[0] eq "table"; $self->SUPER::start(@_); } sub end { my $self = shift; $self->SUPER::end(@_); $self->{table_seen}-- if $_[0] eq "table"; } sub output { my $self = shift; unless ($self->{table_seen}) { $self->SUPER::output(@_); } } If you want to collect the parsed text internally you might want to do something like this: package FilterIntoString; require HTML::Filter; @ISA=qw(HTML::Filter); sub output { push(@{$_[0]->{fhtml}}, $_[1]) } sub filtered_html { join("", @{$_[0]->{fhtml}}) } SEE ALSO
HTML::Parser COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1997-1999 Gisle Aas. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-03-25 HTML::Filter(3)