Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Update to Navbar - Member Info and Avatars Post 303020412 by Neo on Thursday 19th of July 2018 12:05:08 AM
Old 07-19-2018
Update:

I am about done with this phase and I'm feeling good about the results of what has been accomplished so far.

There is still a long long way to go to modernize this site and to get rid of most of the table tags, make the site more responsive across devices and clean up the legacy code in general.

I was going to change the login to use jQuery and AJAX, but because there are so many PHP permissions for every step of the process that is dependent on if a user is logged in or not, and this requires all the PHP pages to refresh, I'm removing this small task off the current TODO list.

Now, I need to think what pages, tables and other things I will tackle in the next phase.

So far so good.

Thanks for all the feedback. I really appreciate it and I could not do this "site upgrading" job without all of your feedback and help, watching the site every step and giving me feedback when things look odd and I have not corrected it within a few seconds or even minutes.

I'm pretty confident in my CSS and Javascript / jQuery skills these days, and I guess I should apologize for being busy on my "cyberspace situational awareness" game-engine project for two years and not modernizing the site years before. I wish there were two or three of me, but one is more than enough to drive people crazy, LOL.

I am sorry if I have let you down in not modernizing this site earlier. Actually, it's much easier to work on this site (CSS, JS, jQuery, and HTML) versus programming a parallel, multithreaded cybersecurity visualization app using C# and the Unity 3D game engine; so updating the site is not technically difficult, but it does require a lot of time on screen and keyboard.

Thanks again for all your patience with me.

I'M BACK Smilie
These 2 Users Gave Thanks to Neo For This Post:

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Just wondering why the board is configured not to show any avatars in the post displays? I haven't seen anyone else asking this question and there is no mention of it by the admins anywhere (correct me if I am wrong).... A little bit of playfulness would do unix.com good :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: patvdv
2 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

how do i get those avatars on the bottom of my user name? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: grizzly1
2 Replies

3. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Update my info

I hadn't logged on here in several months. I want to update my info, such as the email address that I can be contacted at, but I don't see any links to do that. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cleopard
1 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Update to Posts - Member Info Icon and Badge

Hey, Upgrade (step 1) the posts, by putting a "user info" icon in the top right and making it so it toggles the user info. The user info icon has a badge which shows the number of posts. I will have to dig around in the code more to get the total posts thanks and other badges working; but... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
22 Replies

5. Web Development

Update to Member List - New Click Options

FYI, Have updated our memberlist : https://www.unix.com/members/list/?order=DESC&sort=lastvisit&pp=30 $cat memberlist.php ... 375 // added next line by neo 15 Nov 2018 376 $condition .= ' AND credits > 0'; ... The reason for this change is insure the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
3 Replies
DOKUWIKI-ADDSITE(1)						   User commands					       DOKUWIKI-ADDSITE(1)

NAME
dokuwiki-addsite - Create a new site driven by DokuWiki SYNOPSIS
dokuwiki-addsite {SITE_NAME} DESCRIPTION
DokuWiki is a standards compliant, simple to use wiki mainly aimed at creating documentation of any kind. dokuwiki-addsite creates the file hierarchy and configuration required to define a new site driven by the installed DokuWiki engine. OPTIONS
SITE_NAME Name of the site to create. For a virtual host-based setup, it reflects the corresponding hostname. For instance, for a site accessible at an address such as http://wiki.project.example.com:8080/foo/bar/, it can be either project.example.com, wiki.project.example.com, wiki.project.example.com.foo.bar or even 8080.wiki.project.example.com.foo.bar. For a directory or htaccess-based setup, this is the corresponding site identifier. For instance, for a site accessible at an address such as http://wiki.example.com/project/, rewritten by the web server as doku.php?animal=project, it is simply project. NOTES
The site configuration is stored in /etc/dokuwiki/farm/SITE_NAME/, and the data is stored in /var/lib/dokuwiki/farm/SITE_NAME/, as indicated in the site configuration. In a virtual host-based setup, if you need to make a given site accessible at several URLs, you can symlink its configuration directory to another name (it is not necessary to symlink the data directory). If you need to rename a site, you can rename the configuration and data directories, and edit the configuration to point to the new data directory. BUGS
No check is done against the SITE_NAME, just avoid names like ../../../etc. Please report any bug to the Debian BTS. SEE ALSO
dokuwiki-delsite(1), http://www.dokuwiki.org/tips:farm AUTHOR
Tanguy Ortolo <tanguy+debian@ortolo.eu> Wrote this manpage for the Debian system. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2011 Tanguy Ortolo This manual page was written for the Debian system (and may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 3 or (at your option) any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. DokuWiki 05/18/2011 DOKUWIKI-ADDSITE(1)