Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Removing a ? from multiple files Post 303020408 by tirmUK on Wednesday 18th of July 2018 04:09:21 PM
Old 07-18-2018
That didnt work RudiC:

FileName:
Code:
FDBCFEAE-021F-47BC-896B-A225C198C1A1{52730124-EF33-405F-9A8A-C840F5CEFB95}0?

Command and result:

Code:
find -name $'*\r*' | while read FN; do echo mv "$FN" "${FN%?}"; done
 ./FDBCFEAE-021F-47BC-896B-A225C198C1A1{52730124-EF33-405F-9A8A-C840F5CEFB95}0}0

No change to the file.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing M^ from multiple files

to do this i usually type dos2unix <file> -o <file> and this will remove the M^ from the end of each file. well i have over 100 files that someone copied that i need. how do i remove the M^. i saw a perl script but i am not familiar with .pl at all really (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: deaconf19
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

removing non-printable chars from multiple files

How do I remove non-printable characters from all txt files and output the results to one file? I've tried the following: tr -cd '\n' < *.txt > out.txt and it gives ambiguous redirect error. How can I get it to operate on all txt files in the current directory and append the output to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: revax
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing prefix from multiple files and renaming file extension

Hello i have the files in this format pdb1i0t.ent pdb1lv7.ent pdb1pp6.ent pdb1tj2.ent pdb1xg2.ent pdb2b4b.ent pdb2ewe.ent Now i have to remove the prefix pdb from all the files and also i need to change the extension of .ent to .txt The new file should look like this ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: empyrean
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL: removing blank lines from multiple files

Hi Guru's , I have a whole bunch of files in /var/tmp that i need to strip any blank lines from, so ive written the following script to identify the lines (which works perfectly).. but i wanted to know, how can I actually strip the identified lines from the actual source files ?? my... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing matching text from multiple files with a shell script

Hello all, I am in need of assistance in creating a script that will remove a specified block of text from multiple .htaccess files. (roughly 1000 files) I am attempting to help with a project to clean up a linux server that has a series of unwanted url rewrites in place, as well as some... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: boxx
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing Lines Shared by Multiple Files

Hey everyone, I have a question about comparing two files. I have two lists of files. The first list, todo.csv, lists a series of compounds my supervisor wants me to perform calculations on. The second list, done.csv, lists a series of compounds that I have already performed calculations on.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stuart Ness
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Renaming Multiple Files by removing characters

Hi I would like to rename Multiple files in a Unix Directory using Ksh Command. Eg ATT8-2011-10-01 00:00:00-MSA-IMM-SINGLE_AND_FAMILY_COVERAGE-DED-$2000-X114817.PDF needs to be renamed as ATT8-2011-10-01-MSA-IMM-SINGLE_AND_FAMILY_COVERAGE-DED-$2000-X114817.PDF Basically the time... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchegoor
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing multiple lines from input file, if multiple lines match a pattern.

GM, I have an issue at work, which requires a simple solution. But, after multiple attempts, I have not been able to hit on the code needed. I am assuming that sed, awk or even perl could do what I need. I have an application that adds extra blank page feeds, for multiple reports, when... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jxfish2
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing carriage returns from multiple lines in multiple files of different number of columns

Hello Gurus, I have a multiple pipe separated files which have records going over multiple Lines. End of line separator is \n and records going over multiple lines have <CR> as separator. below is example from one file. 1|ABC DEF|100|10 2|PQ RS T|200|20 3| UVWXYZ|300|30 4| GHIJKL|400|40... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dJHa
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Removing characters from beginning of multiple files

Hi, I have been searching how to do this but I can't seem to find how to do it. Hopefully someone can help. I have multiplr files, 100's example 12345-zxys.213423.zyz.txt. I want to be able to take all these files and remove the first '12345-' from each of the files. '12345-' these characters... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: israr75
5 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)