Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting If test array element multiplication Post 303020357 by rbatte1 on Tuesday 17th of July 2018 11:37:23 AM
Old 07-17-2018
Good to know that these are already in hand/planned. If rootvg is large, what do you do with a mksysb image? You can trim this down, of course, but it's messy and needs maintenance.

Personally I'd always keep rootvg clear apart from the OS, your backup software and enough to recover the filesystems, even if that leaves lots of unused space. Are you short of disk space for other volume groups to put your application data in?

Robin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

accessing my first element of array

Hello everyonel, I have an array set like so num=4 read name arr=name I go through while loop to assign different values to different array element from 1 to 4. when I try to access the FIRST element of the array I get the last one first. Like if I say ${arr} it will show the last element... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: afadaghi
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding array element in KSH

All, I would like to add the first 10 elements of an array. Here is how I am doing it now (only included first few add ops): #!/usr/bin/ksh ###Grab the array values out of a file### TOTAL=`awk '/time/' /tmp/file.out | awk '{print $4}'` set -A times $TOTAL SUM=$((${times} + times... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shoeless_Mike
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shift array element

I want to delete and 0th element of array in shell scrpit and also shift all others to one level up. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: darshakraut
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove an element from array

I need to remove an element from the below array variable TABLENAME. #!/bin/ksh set -A TABLENAME "mirf roxar keke mirs" echo "the array is ${TABLENAME}" If i need to remove say keke and have the final TABLENAME as below, how this could be achieved. Pls throw some light. echo "Modified... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: michaelrozar17
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

previous element in the array perl

Hi, How to get previous/next element in the array perl Example @queue = (1, 2 ,3 , 4); I want to get value of 1 and 2, or, 2 and 3, or 3 and 4...etc and compare to value which one is greater to do that I need to get previous and next element of array ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: guidely
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Perl XML::DOM: How to test if element exists?

Hi, I'm trying to write a script for some xml file handling, but I'm not getting too far with it. I've got the following xml content <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <Test xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" > <Operation name="OPER1"> <Action name="ACTION1">... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Juha
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiplying array element

I am trying to take all the elements of an array and multiply them by 2, and then copy them to a new array. Here is what I have i=0 for true in DMGLIST do let DMGSIZES2="${DMGSIZES}"*2 let i++ done unset i echo ${DMGSIZES2} It does the calculation correctly for the first element,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nextyoyoma
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh insert element in array

Hi all, I need help with the following scenario in ksh. If the number of elements contained by arrayA is 11 I need to insert a zero as the element arrayA then print all arrayA elements separated by comma. Appreciate your help. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejianu
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiplication of array elements

Hi, I can't find out how to create correct code to get multiplication of each elements of array. Let's say I enter array into command line (2 3 4 5 6 8) and i need output 2*3*4*5*6*8=5760. I tried this one, but answer is 0. for i in $@; do mult=$((mult*i))done echo "mult: " $mult ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rimasbimas
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Array Element

This question is for someone that's more familiar with Array Element. I need to know if the maximum array element that can be assigned is 1024 and if its so, Is there a workaround solution when the counter exceeded 1024? param_array="$param_nam" counter=$counter+1 #to avoid space... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cumeh1624
3 Replies
vxconfigbackupd(1M)													       vxconfigbackupd(1M)

NAME
vxconfigbackupd - disk group configuration backup daemon SYNOPSIS
vxconfigbackupd [-l] DESCRIPTION
The vxconfigbackupd daemon automatically backs up information about a disk group's new configuration whenever the configuration is changed. OPTIONS
-l Logs backup daemon activities to the file /etc/vx/cbr/bkdaemonLog. FILES
/sbin/init.d/vxvm-recover Startup file for vxconfigbackupd. /etc/vx/cbr/bk/dgname.dgid/dgid.dginfo Location of backup file for disk group information. /etc/vx/cbr/bk/dgname.dgid/dgid.diskinfo Location of backup file for disk attributes. /etc/vx/cbr/bk/dgname.dgid/dgid.binconfig Location of backup file for binary configuration copy. /etc/vx/cbr/bk/dgname.dgid/dgid.cfgrec Location of backup file for configuration records in vxprint -m format. NOTES
The vxconfigbackup command can be used to back up a disk group's configuration manually at any desired time. The disk group configuration backup and restore utilities do not save any data in the public region. This includes file system or other application data that is configured within VxVM objects. When a disk group is destroyed, its configuration backup information (including the backup directory) is also removed. The only exception to this behavior is when the disk group is in the precommit state of restoration. The backup directory should be large enough to accommodate copies of all the currently imported disk groups. The minimum recommended size of the backup directory is P * (N + 1) megabytes, where P is the private region in megabytes (by default, 32MB), and N is the number of disk groups. The additional P megabytes is required to hold a temporary copy of the disk group configuration when a disk group is imported or a configuration change is made. The default backup directory is /etc/vx/cbr/bk. The location of the backup directory can be configured by using the vxconfigbackup -l backup_directory_path command. SEE ALSO
vxconfigbackup(1M), vxconfigrestore(1M) VxVM 5.0.31.1 24 Mar 2008 vxconfigbackupd(1M)