Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: No packages found
Operating Systems Solaris No packages found Post 303020349 by hicksd8 on Tuesday 17th of July 2018 07:23:50 AM
Old 07-17-2018
And how did you install Solaris 11? Are you using a GUI?

If so, Oracle have produced an excellent Package Manager on the GUI which does most of the work for you. I run X-Windows on Solaris 11.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Slackware

Packages of different distributions

hi, as you know nearly every distribution has its own package-management and it needs special packages to install different software. For slackware it's *.tgz, for debian *.deb, for many rpm's *.rpm and so on, but I wonder how a package can be built to be compatibel with every maschine. An... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: avaurus
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can i check in csh if command found or not found ?

hello all im trying to use in sun Solaris the information received from the top command now i several machines that dont have install the top program so when im running the script im geting error saying after im running this code : set MemoryInfo = `top | grep Memory` if (... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Which packages contain?

Cannot find which packages install: The executable: sharemgr The service: smb/server Anyone knows? Background, I want to setup CIFS on ZFS. Solaris 10. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sb008
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

packages

Hi there i wonder if someone can help, i have 2 servers (serverA and serverB). on A i have 147 packages, on server B i have 714 packages installed. i need server A to have the same packages as server B. how do i compile a list of only the packages i need? so in other words the list should be... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: brian112
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Packages

Hi there i wonder if someone can help, i have 2 servers (serverA and serverB). on A i have 147 packages, on server B i have 714 packages installed. i need server A to have the same packages as server B. how do i compile a list of only the packages i need? so in other words the list should be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: brian112
2 Replies

6. Slackware

Find Slackware Packages - packages.acl.org.ua

Hi! Let me introduce a project for find and download Slackware packages and browse Slackware repositories. The site provides following features: * Large, daily updated database with RPM, DEB, TGZ, TXZ packages for well-known repositories of the Slackware, Fedora, CentOS, RHEL, Debian,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lystor
2 Replies

7. Programming

curses.h not found , gtk/gtk.h not found

i have downloaded <libncurses5-dev_5.7+20101128-1_i386.deb> and <ndk++-0.0.1alpha4.tar.bz2> which contains the header files curses.h and gtk/gtk.h .. i have also included them using .. #include "/home/ball/Desktop/Sudoku/project/libncurses5-dev_5.7+20101128-1_i386/usr/include/curses.h" ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: upvan111
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

If first pattern is found, look for second pattern. If second pattern not found, delete line

I had a spot of trouble coming up with a title, hopefully you'll understand once you read my problem... :) I have the output of an ldapsearch that looks like this: dn: cn=sam,ou=company,o=com uidNumber: 7174 gidNumber: 49563 homeDirectory: /home/sam loginshell: /bin/bash uid: sam... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samgoober
2 Replies

9. AIX

Application packages

Hello, I just build an AIX 7.1 box. I'm trying to install the following packages: BASH APACHE CVS ZIP I tired to download them searching on google, but unfortunately I dint find any packages concerned with aix7.1. I got stuck at this point and dont know where to download those packages... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pjeedu2247
5 Replies

10. Solaris

Pkgadd error no packages found in /var

Hello all! So I'm trying to do an install, I'm using a command like pkgadd -d /opt/te_agent_8.1.0_en_solaris_sparc/te_agent.pkg TWEagent And receive the following: pkgadd: ERROR: no packages were found in </var/tmp/dstreAAAAXaq3z> So what gives? Why is it looking in /var/tmp? I'm telling... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: HannibalRex
5 Replies
TKPP(1) 						User Contributed Perl Documentation						   TKPP(1)

NAME
tkpp - frontend to pp written in Perl/Tk. SYNOPSIS
You just have to execute command line : tkpp DESCRIPTION
Tkpp is a GUI frontend to pp, which can turn perl scripts into stand-alone PAR files, perl scripts or executables. You can save command line generated, load and save your Tkpp configuration GUI. Below is a short explanation of tkpp GUI. Menu File -> Save command line When you build or display command line in the Tkpp GUI, you can save the command line in a separated file. This command line can be executed from a terminal. File -> Save configuration You can save your GUI configuration (all options used) to load and execute it next time. File -> Load configuration Load your saved file configuration. All saved options will be set in the GUI. File -> Exit Close Tkpp. Help -> Tkpp documentation Display POD documentation of Tkpp. Help -> pp documentation Display POD documentation of pp. Help -> About Tkpp Display version and authors of Tkpp. Help -> About pp Display version and authors of pp ( pp --version). Tabs GUI There are five tabs in GUI : General Options, Information, Size, Other Options and Output. All tabs contain all options which can be used with pp. All default pp options are kept. You can now set as you want the options. When your have finished, you can display the command line or start building your package. You will have the output tab to see error or verbose messages. NOTES
In Win32 system, the building is executed in a separate process, then the GUI is not frozen. The first time you use Tkpp, it will tell you to install some CPAN modules to use the GUI (like Tk, Tk::ColoredButton...). SEE ALSO
pp, PAR AUTHORS
Tkpp was written by Doug Gruber and rewrite by Djibril Ousmanou. In the event this application breaks, you get both pieces :-) COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2011 by Doug Gruber <doug(a)dougthug.com>, Audrey Tang <cpan@audreyt.org> and Djibril Ousmanou <djibel(a)cpan.org>. Neither this program nor the associated pp program impose any licensing restrictions on files generated by their execution, in accordance with the 8th article of the Artistic License: "Aggregation of this Package with a commercial distribution is always permitted provided that the use of this Package is embedded; that is, when no overt attempt is made to make this Package's interfaces visible to the end user of the commercial distribution. Such use shall not be construed as a distribution of this Package." Therefore, you are absolutely free to place any license on the resulting executable, as long as the packed 3rd-party libraries are also available under the Artistic License. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See <http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html> perl v5.16.2 2012-01-09 TKPP(1)