Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Update to Navbar - Member Info and Avatars Post 303020328 by Neo on Monday 16th of July 2018 10:54:40 PM
Old 07-16-2018
OK. I just checked (step 1) and the plugin that is responsible for the confidential posts does not use the built in notification system and instead sets it on global var for each user:

Code:
$newhiddenposts

I'll dig further and see if I can get this to update after a confidential post is read.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Just wondering why the board is configured not to show any avatars in the post displays? I haven't seen anyone else asking this question and there is no mention of it by the admins anywhere (correct me if I am wrong).... A little bit of playfulness would do unix.com good :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: patvdv
2 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

how do i get those avatars on the bottom of my user name? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: grizzly1
2 Replies

3. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Update my info

I hadn't logged on here in several months. I want to update my info, such as the email address that I can be contacted at, but I don't see any links to do that. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cleopard
1 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Update to Posts - Member Info Icon and Badge

Hey, Upgrade (step 1) the posts, by putting a "user info" icon in the top right and making it so it toggles the user info. The user info icon has a badge which shows the number of posts. I will have to dig around in the code more to get the total posts thanks and other badges working; but... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
22 Replies

5. Web Development

Update to Member List - New Click Options

FYI, Have updated our memberlist : https://www.unix.com/members/list/?order=DESC&sort=lastvisit&pp=30 $cat memberlist.php ... 375 // added next line by neo 15 Nov 2018 376 $condition .= ' AND credits > 0'; ... The reason for this change is insure the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
3 Replies
Devel::Refcount(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      Devel::Refcount(3pm)

NAME
"Devel::Refcount" - obtain the REFCNT value of a referent SYNOPSIS
use Devel::Refcount qw( refcount ); my $anon = []; print "Anon ARRAY $anon has " . refcount($anon) . " reference "; my $otherref = $anon; print "Anon ARRAY $anon now has " . refcount($anon) . " references "; DESCRIPTION
This module provides a single function which obtains the reference count of the object being pointed to by the passed reference value. FUNCTIONS
$count = refcount($ref) Returns the reference count of the object being pointed to by $ref. COMPARISON WITH SvREFCNT This function differs from "Devel::Peek::SvREFCNT" in that SvREFCNT() gives the reference count of the SV object itself that it is passed, whereas refcount() gives the count of the object being pointed to. This allows it to give the count of any referent (i.e. ARRAY, HASH, CODE, GLOB and Regexp types) as well. Consider the following example program: use Devel::Peek qw( SvREFCNT ); use Devel::Refcount qw( refcount ); sub printcount { my $name = shift; printf "%30s has SvREFCNT=%d, refcount=%d ", $name, SvREFCNT($_[0]), refcount($_[0]); } my $var = []; printcount 'Initially, $var', $var; my $othervar = $var; printcount 'Before CODE ref, $var', $var; printcount '$othervar', $othervar; my $code = sub { undef $var }; printcount 'After CODE ref, $var', $var; printcount '$othervar', $othervar; This produces the output Initially, $var has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=1 Before CODE ref, $var has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=2 $othervar has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=2 After CODE ref, $var has SvREFCNT=2, refcount=2 $othervar has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=2 Here, we see that SvREFCNT() counts the number of references to the SV object passed in as the scalar value - the $var or $othervar respectively, whereas refcount() counts the number of reference values that point to the referent object - the anonymous ARRAY in this case. Before the CODE reference is constructed, both $var and $othervar have SvREFCNT() of 1, as they exist only in the current lexical pad. The anonymous ARRAY has a refcount() of 2, because both $var and $othervar store a reference to it. After the CODE reference is constructed, the $var variable now has an SvREFCNT() of 2, because it also appears in the lexical pad for the new anonymous CODE block. PURE-PERL FALLBACK An XS implementation of this function is provided, and is used by default. If the XS library cannot be loaded, a fallback implementation in pure perl using the "B" module is used instead. This will behave identically, but is much slower. Rate pp xs pp 225985/s -- -66% xs 669570/s 196% -- SEE ALSO
o Test::Refcount - assert reference counts on objects AUTHOR
Paul Evans <leonerd@leonerd.org.uk> perl v5.14.2 2011-11-15 Devel::Refcount(3pm)