Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Update to Navbar - Member Info and Avatars Post 303020324 by Don Cragun on Monday 16th of July 2018 10:24:57 PM
Old 07-16-2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
OK Don,

I have got the PM part basically done, where instead of a blinking avatar, there is a blinking red badge with the number of PMs unread in the center.

LOL

What should we do about unread confidential posts? Add another badge? Alternate them? Or just add another badge in another corner? Use one badge and just change colors? Or just change the blinking rate when there are unread confidential posts? Not sure how to proceed with badge notifications for CPs (confidential posts).

What do you think?
I'm happy with the numbers in various colored circles around the avatar.

I'm still concerned about manually clearing confidential post counts by hitting the "Mark Forums Read" button. Hitting that button builds in a race condition that can clear notification of unread confidential posts before I receive notice that new confidential messages have been posted.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Just wondering why the board is configured not to show any avatars in the post displays? I haven't seen anyone else asking this question and there is no mention of it by the admins anywhere (correct me if I am wrong).... A little bit of playfulness would do unix.com good :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: patvdv
2 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

how do i get those avatars on the bottom of my user name? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: grizzly1
2 Replies

3. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Update my info

I hadn't logged on here in several months. I want to update my info, such as the email address that I can be contacted at, but I don't see any links to do that. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cleopard
1 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Update to Posts - Member Info Icon and Badge

Hey, Upgrade (step 1) the posts, by putting a "user info" icon in the top right and making it so it toggles the user info. The user info icon has a badge which shows the number of posts. I will have to dig around in the code more to get the total posts thanks and other badges working; but... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
22 Replies

5. Web Development

Update to Member List - New Click Options

FYI, Have updated our memberlist : https://www.unix.com/members/list/?order=DESC&sort=lastvisit&pp=30 $cat memberlist.php ... 375 // added next line by neo 15 Nov 2018 376 $condition .= ' AND credits > 0'; ... The reason for this change is insure the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
3 Replies
MAPITEST(1)						     OpenChange Users' Manual						       MAPITEST(1)

NAME
mapitest - OpenChange torture test utility SYNOPSIS
mapitest [-?|--help] [--usage] [-f|--database=STRING] [-p|--profile=STRING] [-p|--password=STRING] [--confidential] [--color] [--subunit] [-o|--outfile=STRING] [--mapi-calls=STRING] [--list-all] [--no-server] [--dump-data] [-d|--debuglevel=STRING] DESCRIPTION
mapitest is a test harness / utility used for verifying correct operation of various ExchangeRPC calls / MAPI functions provided by the OpenChange MAPI libraries. mapitest is not normally required by users, but you may be asked to provide the output of mapitest for some kinds of bug investigations. Note that mapitest performs a lot of transactions, including deleting folders and messages. Unless you're very familiar with mapitest, we recommend only using it with a test account. OPTIONS
--database -f Set the path to the profile database to use --profile -p Set the profile to use. If no profile is specified, mapitest tries to retrieve the default profile in the database. If no default profile has been set, mapitest returns MAPI_E_NOT_FOUND . --password -P Specify the password for the profile to use. This can be omitted if the password is stored in the profile. --confidential Remove any sensitive data from the report. --color Use colors to indicate the results of each operation. --subunit Produce output in subunit protocol format, instead of the normal text output. This disables colored output. Note that availability of this option depends on suitable libraries being available at build time, so check availability before relying on this. --outfile -o Redirect the output of the tests to a file. The filename must be specified as the argument to this option. --mapi-calls Run a specific test. The name of the test must be specified as the argument to this option. See the --list-all option to obtain the name of the test. This can be specified more than once in order to run a subset of tests. This can also be used to run a "suite" of tests, by appending "-ALL" to the name of the suite. --list-all Provide a list of all test suites and test names, along with a description of the test. No tests will be run. --no-server Only run tests that do not require a server connection. This is the default if a connection to the server cannot be established. --dump-data Dump the hex data. This is only required for debugging or educational purposes. --debuglevel -d Set the debug level. EXAMPLES
Run all tests mapitest Only run two specific tests mapitest --mapi-calls=NOSERVER-SROWSET --mapi-calls=OXCPRPT-GET-PROPS Run all the NSPI tests mapitest --mapi-calls=NSPI-ALL REMARKS
If you are using the default profile database path and have set a default profile (using mapiprofile --profile=profile_name -S ) you do not need to specify these parameters on the command line. AUTHOR
mapitest was written by Julien Kerihuel <j.kerihuel at openchange dot org> with contributions from other OpenChange developers. This man page was written by Brad Hards <bradh at openchange dot org> OpenChange 2.0 QUADRANT 2013-01-24 MAPITEST(1)