Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Listing the contents of a file after a timestamp Post 303020286 by RudiC on Monday 16th of July 2018 08:21:24 AM
Old 07-16-2018
I'm afraid clairvoyance can't be programmed with today's logics and languages. How do you expect a job run at 11:00:00h to print a message that will come in at 11:01:22,548?

EDIT: Apart from the esoteric aspect, any attempts, ideas, thoughts from your side?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Timestamp in directory listing

Hi, I need a help. I want to see all the files in the directory with the Time Stamp. I use the following command. $ls -lt This displays the files with time stamp, but not all the files. Only last few months, the files are displayed with timestamp, the old files are only have dates. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijashok
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Listing the contents of a shared Unix library

I am brand new to Unix. This is probably simple, but how do you list the contents of a shared library? I need to see which functions exist in it. Many thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mickpoil
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Listing contents

Hello guys, I am having a requirement, I am having three file m1,m2,m3 having some contents. I want to list last 20 lines of m1,m2 and m3 all together on the terminal. I used tail -20 m1 m2 m3, but it is showing error, tail: option used in invalid context -- 2 Can u help me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mraghunandanan
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Just listing size, timestamp & name of files in a directory

How can I list the files in a directory and just show the file size, date stamp, timestamp and file name.. I've been trying to ls -lrt the directory to a file and then use the cut command but I'm not having any luck with getting the proper results.. I thought i could use the -f switch and count... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jazmania
4 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

DOS Dir - listing of full path and timestamp

Hi, (Apologies, I'm sure I'm not the first person to raise this question but so far in my searches haven't found a good answer). I would like to output a listing per line of filename (including full path) and 'last updated' timestamp. e.g: Z:\dir1\file1.txt 01/02/2010 10:43... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: GM_AIX
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Listing Contents of tar.gz file

Hi fellows, Can you please share any command with which I can list down the file names inside a tar.gz file. I have tried with these possibilities but in vain. bash-3.00$ tar -ztvf file.tar.gz tar: z: unknown function modifier bash-3.00$ tar ztvf file.tar.gz tar: z: unknown function... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Zaib
1 Replies

7. AIX

Slow listing of LTo5 tape contents

Hi, We are taking our filesystem backup having size of 1.3 TB on LTO5 catridges using the following command find * -print|backup -ivf '/dev/rmt0' '-U' i.e backup byname and it took about 6.5 Hours to complete When we are listing same tape contents using the following command restore... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: m_raheelahmed
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Listing contents of .tar.gz files

Hi All, I would like to know couple of ways to list the content available in tar and gzipped file without extracting. i.e., I would like to display the contents of test.tar.gz without extracting. Note :: please suggest a command other that tar -ztvf (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Girish19
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Listing of files between two timestamp

Hi, I want to list down the files between two timestamp. But I can not use newer or newermt command as it doesn't support these tokens. Is there any other way to achieve this? Else I have to write too much of coding . Input Dec 01 02:02 Dec 02 05:07 (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abhijit Sen
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Listing contents of fields

I am often given log files at work in .csv format to work with, normally extracting various fields. I then have to figure out the number of each field so that I can extract that field with cut or awk. Normally I just manually count the fields, based on the field separator. I would like to be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: stumpyuk99
3 Replies
DOVEADM-LOG(1)							      Dovecot							    DOVEADM-LOG(1)

NAME
doveadm-log - Locate, test or reopen Dovecot's log files SYNOPSIS
doveadm [-Dv] log errors doveadm [-Dv] log find [directory] doveadm [-Dv] log reopen doveadm [-Dv] log test DESCRIPTION
The doveadm log commands are used to locate and reopen the log files of dovecot(1). It's also possible to test the configured targets of the *log_path settings. OPTIONS
Global doveadm(1) options: -D Enables verbosity and debug messages. -v Enables verbosity, including progress counter. COMMANDS
log errors doveadm log errors The log errors command is used to show the last - up to 1,000 - errors and warnings. If no output is generated, no errors have occurred since the last start. log find doveadm log find [directory] The log find command is used to show the location of the log files, to which dovecot(1) sends its log messages. If dovecot(1) logs its messages through syslogd(8) and doveadm(1) could not find any log files, you can specify the directory where your syslogd writes its log files. log reopen doveadm log reopen This command causes doveadm to reopen all log files, configured in the log_path, info_log_path and debug_log_path settings. These settings are configured in /etc/dovecot/conf.d/10-logging.conf. This is for example useful after manually rotating the log files. log test doveadm log test This command causes doveadm to write the message "This is Dovecot's priority log (timestamp)" to the configured log files. The used prior- ities are: debug, info, warning, error and fatal. EXAMPLE
This example shows how to locate the log files used by dovecot(1). doveadm log find Looking for log files from /var/log Debug: /var/log/dovecot.debug Info: /var/log/mail.log Warning: /var/log/mail.log Error: /var/log/mail.log Fatal: /var/log/mail.log REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs, including doveconf -n output, to the Dovecot Mailing List <dovecot@dovecot.org>. Information about reporting bugs is avail- able at: http://dovecot.org/bugreport.html SEE ALSO
doveadm(1) Dovecot v2.1 2012-02-22 DOVEADM-LOG(1)