Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Convert fixed value fields to comma separated values Post 303020205 by mad man on Sunday 15th of July 2018 01:38:28 AM
Old 07-15-2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by RudiC
Your problem is - at least to me - unsolvable. You have one or multiple spaces as field separators, plus one or more spaces in the field values themselves. So you can't reliably and consistently tell values from labels etc. Anything proposed would be quite hazardous...
RudiC thanks for reply but i strongly believe that this is solvable since field labels (The values in left side of Smilie are in fixed position. What do you think about this since this data is in pattern?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove whitespaces between comma separated fields from file

Hello all, I am a unix dummy. I am trying to remove spaces between fields. I have the file in the following format 12332432, 2345 , asdfsdf ,100216 , 9999999 12332431, 2341 , asdfsd2 ,100213 , 9999999 &... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitinbjoshi
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse apart strings of comma separated data with varying number of fields

I have a situation where I am reading a text file line-by-line. Those lines of data contain comma separated fields of data. However, each line can vary in the number of fields it can contain. What I need to do is parse apart each line and write each field of data found (left to right) into a file.... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: 2reperry
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting the values separated by comma

Hi, I have a variable which has a list of string separated by comma. for ex , Variable=/usr/bin,/usr/smrshbin,/tmp How can i get the values between the commas separately using shell scripts.Please help me. Thanks, Padmini. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: padmisri
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

To agregate Comma separated values

Hi pls help me to get the code: i have a file in which content is : 2.01304E+11 2.01304E+11 ori 2 01:00 2.01304E+11 2.01304E+11 ori 2 01:02 2.01304E+11 2.01304E+11 ori 3 01:02 2.01304E+11 2.01304E+11 ori 3 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aditya.Gurgaon
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[solved] Comma separated values to space separated

Hi, I have a large number of files which are written as csv (comma-separated values). Does anyone know of simple sed/awk command do achieve this? Thanks! ---------- Post updated at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous update was at 10:54 AM ---------- Guess I asked this too soon. Found the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lost.identity
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert comma separated file to fix length

Hi, I am converting a comma separated file to fixed field lenght and I am using that: COLUMNS="25 24 67 26 39 63 20 34 35 14 397" ( cat $indir/input_file.dat | \ $AWK -v columns="$COLUMNS" ' BEGIN { FS=","; OFS=""; split(columns, arr, " "); } { for(i=1; i<=NF;... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: apenkov
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Needs help in parsing comma separated values

hello experts, i am retrieving values in variables jobKey and jobName within my shell script. these values are returned to me within braces and i am using following command to remove those braces: jobKeys=`echo $jobKeys | sed 's:^.\(.*\).$:\1:'` jobNames=`echo $jobNames | sed... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: avikaljain
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert column to quote and comma separated row

Hi, I have a list of tables in a file.txt C_CLAIM C_HLD C_PROVIDER I want the output to be 'C_CLAIM','C_HLD','C_PROVIDER' Currently I'm usin awk and getting output which is almost correct but still has minor defects awk -vORS="','" '{ print $1 }' file.txt The output of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wahi80
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comma separated values to individual lines

My OS : RHEL 6.7 I have a text file with comma separated values like below $ cat testString.txt 'JOHN' , 'KEITH' , 'NEWMAN' , 'URSULA' , 'ARIANNA' , 'CHENG', . . . . I want these values to appear like below 'JOHN' , 'KEITH' , 'NEWMAN' , 'URSULA' , 'ARIANNA' , 'CHENG', .... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to extract fields from a CSV i.e comma separated where some of the fields having comma as value?

can anyone help me!!!! How to I parse the CSV file file name : abc.csv (csv file) The above file containing data like abv,sfs,,hju,',',jkk wff,fst,,rgr,',',rgr ere,edf,erg,',',rgr,rgr I have a requirement like i have to extract different field and assign them into different... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: J.Jena
4 Replies
labelit_udfs(1M)					  System Administration Commands					  labelit_udfs(1M)

NAME
labelit_udfs - provide and print labels for udf file systems SYNOPSIS
labelit -F udfs [generic_options] [-o specific_options] special [fsname volume] DESCRIPTION
The labelit command writes labels on an unmounted disk that contains a universal disk file (udf) system. These labels can be used to iden- tify volumes. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: generic_options Specify generic_options supported by the generic labelit command. See labelit(1M) for descriptions of supported options. -o specific_options Specify udfs-file-system-specific options in a comma-separated list with no intervening spaces. The following specific_options are available: lvinfo1=string Specify information to be inserted in the LVInfo1 field of the Implementation Use Volume Descriptor. Information in LVInfo1 is generally used to identify the person creating the file system. The maximum length of the string specified is 35 bytes. lvinfo2=string Specify information to be inserted into the LVInfo2 field of the Implementation Use Volume Descriptor. Information in LVInfo2 is generally used to identify the organization responsible for creating the file system. The maximum length of the string specified is 35 bytes. lvinfo3=string Specify information to be inserted into the LVInfo3 field of the Implementation Use Volume Descriptor. Information in LVInfo3 is generally used to identify the contact information for the medium. The maximum length of the string speci- fied is 35 bytes. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: special Specify special as the physical disk slice, for example, /dev/rdsk/c0t0d0s6. The device can not be on a remote machine. fsname Specify fsname as the mount point, (for example, root, u1, and so forth), of the file system. volume Specify volume as the physical volume name. If none of the options (fsname, volume, specific_options) is specified, labelit prints the current values of fsname, volume, LVInfo1, LVInfo2 and LVInfo3. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. non-zero An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWudf | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
labelit(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 31 Oct 2000 labelit_udfs(1M)