Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Updates to Forum Navbar and Thread Reply for Unregistered Users Post 303020127 by Neo on Saturday 14th of July 2018 08:11:49 AM
Old 07-14-2018
Updates to Forum Navbar and Thread Reply for Unregistered Users

Hey

You may have noticed I changed the navbar at the top a bit. I've almost finished converting the navbar to divs from table tags.

In addition, for unregistered users, instead of seeing a "New Reply" button, unregistered users see a "Login to Reply" and icon which looks the same as our new login icon on the top right (but smaller).

In addition, I updated the new login form to add a "Lost Password?" link, since I am phasing out all legacy "no permission" messages and redirects.

More changes coming as I slowly get rid of all legacy table tags and update the Javascripts and DOM elements here and there.

For example, here is the "New Reply" Icon for users not logged in:

Which takes you to the login area (with lost password link) :

And here is the new question icon in the forum displays:

Miles to go before I sleep, and promised to keep Smilie

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Special note to unregistered users

This forum is intended only as a means to contact us if you are having trouble with your account. This forum is the only area on the site where even unregistered users can post. But because some spammers were using this to post spam, we have changed things a little bit. When an unregistered user... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perderabo
0 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Reply to thread I started 8 May 09 gone

And frankly, I'm a bit miffed by it. I had thanked the person who suggested a solution to the issue, pasted code to a shell script that may have helped other users, and was courteous, witty and all that the best forum admins look for in a member/contributor/poster. Now it's gone, with no... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SilversleevesX
1 Replies

3. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

I cannot post new thread and reply after register

Hi, Admin, I have met a problem that I cannot post new thread and reply after register. It reminds some information as shown in the below: case 1: To create new threads in this forum your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. case 2: To reply to threads in this forum... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Unregistered
1 Replies

4. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

I am still meet a problem when I want to reply or create a new thread

Hi, Scott, I am still meet a problem when I want to reply or create a new thread in "Shell Programming and Scripting" Forum, It reminds that: To create new threads in this forum your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 2 posts. To my surprise, I posted a thread in "Shell... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: weichanghe2000
4 Replies

5. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Not able to post thread/reply to thread

Dear Moderator I am not able to post any new thread or post reply to mine old thread. Kindly help as i am stuck on one problem and needed suggestion. Regards Jaydeep (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jaydeep_sadaria
1 Replies

6. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Unable to post or reply thread after login

I am unable to post reply to a thread. Whenever I will reply to any post I get the message every time : The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters. Even though length of the message is more than required. for example I tried to post ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Unregistered
3 Replies
Thread::Semaphore(3pm)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				    Thread::Semaphore(3pm)

NAME
Thread::Semaphore - Thread-safe semaphores VERSION
This document describes Thread::Semaphore version 2.09 SYNOPSIS
use Thread::Semaphore; my $s = Thread::Semaphore->new(); $s->down(); # Also known as the semaphore P operation. # The guarded section is here $s->up(); # Also known as the semaphore V operation. # The default semaphore value is 1 my $s = Thread::Semaphore-new($initial_value); $s->down($down_value); $s->up($up_value); DESCRIPTION
Semaphores provide a mechanism to regulate access to resources. Unlike locks, semaphores aren't tied to particular scalars, and so may be used to control access to anything you care to use them for. Semaphores don't limit their values to zero and one, so they can be used to control access to some resource that there may be more than one of (e.g., filehandles). Increment and decrement amounts aren't fixed at one either, so threads can reserve or return multiple resources at once. METHODS
->new() ->new(NUMBER) "new" creates a new semaphore, and initializes its count to the specified number (which must be an integer). If no number is specified, the semaphore's count defaults to 1. ->down() ->down(NUMBER) The "down" method decreases the semaphore's count by the specified number (which must be an integer >= 1), or by one if no number is specified. If the semaphore's count would drop below zero, this method will block until such time as the semaphore's count is greater than or equal to the amount you're "down"ing the semaphore's count by. This is the semaphore "P operation" (the name derives from the Dutch word "pak", which means "capture" -- the semaphore operations were named by the late Dijkstra, who was Dutch). ->up() ->up(NUMBER) The "up" method increases the semaphore's count by the number specified (which must be an integer >= 1), or by one if no number is specified. This will unblock any thread that is blocked trying to "down" the semaphore if the "up" raises the semaphore's count above the amount that the "down" is trying to decrement it by. For example, if three threads are blocked trying to "down" a semaphore by one, and another thread "up"s the semaphore by two, then two of the blocked threads (which two is indeterminate) will become unblocked. This is the semaphore "V operation" (the name derives from the Dutch word "vrij", which means "release"). NOTES
Semaphores created by Thread::Semaphore can be used in both threaded and non-threaded applications. This allows you to write modules and packages that potentially make use of semaphores, and that will function in either environment. SEE ALSO
Thread::Semaphore Discussion Forum on CPAN: http://www.cpanforum.com/dist/Thread-Semaphore <http://www.cpanforum.com/dist/Thread-Semaphore> Annotated POD for Thread::Semaphore: http://annocpan.org/~JDHEDDEN/Thread-Semaphore-2.09/lib/Thread/Semaphore.pm <http://annocpan.org/~JDHEDDEN/Thread-Semaphore-2.09/lib/Thread/Semaphore.pm> Source repository: http://code.google.com/p/thread-semaphore/ <http://code.google.com/p/thread-semaphore/> threads, threads::shared MAINTAINER
Jerry D. Hedden, <jdhedden AT cpan DOT org> LICENSE
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.1 2010-04-26 Thread::Semaphore(3pm)