Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Guido van Rossum resigns as Python Leader... Post 303020103 by Neo on Friday 13th of July 2018 08:54:28 AM
Old 07-13-2018
No good deed goes unpunished.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Why process leader can not call setsid()

Why process leader can not call setsid() (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chenhao_no1
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Generating key values for leader records

All, I have a file with text as shown below. I want the o/p file with generated values in the first column as shown in the o/p file. Pls note that the size of my file is 6 GB. How do i do this ? Input file 999999abcdef 999999ghijkl 999999mnopq 777777rosesarered 777777skyisblue Output... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajfaq
1 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Poster of the Year 2019 - Jeroen van Dijke

Today, I am very pleased to announce the Poster of the Year Award, 2019 is Jeroen van Dijke (Scrutinizer) Jeroen has been a member of unix.com just over 11 years (He first joined unix.com in November 2008) and has been a very valuable, reliable and thoughtful resource for countless people over... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
3 Replies
pbmtoascii(1)                                                 General Commands Manual                                                pbmtoascii(1)

NAME
pbmtoascii - convert a portable bitmap into ASCII graphics SYNOPSIS
pbmtoascii [-1x2|-2x4] [pbmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable bitmap as input. Produces a somewhat crude ASCII graphic as output. Note that there is no asciitopbm tool - this transformation is one-way. OPTIONS
The -1x2 and -2x4 flags give you two alternate ways for the bits to get mapped to characters. With 1x2, the default, each character repre- sents a group of 1 bit across by 2 bits down. With -2x4, each character represents 2 bits across by 4 bits down. With the 1x2 mode you can see the individual bits, so it's useful for previewing small bitmaps on a non-graphics terminal. The 2x4 mode lets you display larger bitmaps on a standard 80-column display, but it obscures bit-level details. 2x4 mode is also good for displaying graymaps - "pnmscale -width 158 | pgmnorm | pgmtopbm -thresh" should give good results. SEE ALSO
pbm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1988, 1992 by Jef Poskanzer. 20 March 1992 pbmtoascii(1)