Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Guido van Rossum resigns as Python Leader... Post 303020102 by wisecracker on Friday 13th of July 2018 08:50:04 AM
Old 07-13-2018
Guido van Rossum resigns as Python Leader...

Yup it's true:

[python-committers] Transfer of power

This will put Python development in disarray.
Which reminded me of this thread I posted some time ago:

Has Python Lost The Plot?

MadeInGermany's post 3 is probably one of the reasons but not quoted.
Although not in Guido's case necessarily, I guess application fatigue hits us all eventually.

(In my case AudioScope is not evolving much because I can no longer proof build the electronics/hardware the reason being I now have Essential Tremours. Application fatigue and 'feature creep' have also entered my scenario, BUT at least I have no one to argue with about it...)

Bazza.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Why process leader can not call setsid()

Why process leader can not call setsid() (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chenhao_no1
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Generating key values for leader records

All, I have a file with text as shown below. I want the o/p file with generated values in the first column as shown in the o/p file. Pls note that the size of my file is 6 GB. How do i do this ? Input file 999999abcdef 999999ghijkl 999999mnopq 777777rosesarered 777777skyisblue Output... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajfaq
1 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Poster of the Year 2019 - Jeroen van Dijke

Today, I am very pleased to announce the Poster of the Year Award, 2019 is Jeroen van Dijke (Scrutinizer) Jeroen has been a member of unix.com just over 11 years (He first joined unix.com in November 2008) and has been a very valuable, reliable and thoughtful resource for countless people over... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
3 Replies
PYTHON-CONFIG(1)					      General Commands Manual						  PYTHON-CONFIG(1)

NAME
python-config - output build options for python C/C++ extensions or embedding SYNOPSIS
python-config [ --prefix ] [ --exec-prefix ] [ --includes ] [ --libs ] [ --cflags ] [ --ldflags ] [ --extension-suffix ] [ --configdir ] [ --help ] DESCRIPTION
python-config helps compiling and linking programs, which embed the Python interpreter, or extension modules that can be loaded dynamically (at run time) into the interpreter. OPTIONS
--cflags print the C compiler flags. --ldflags print the flags that should be passed to the linker. --includes similar to --cflags but only with -I options (path to python header files). --libs similar to --ldflags but only with -l options (used libraries). --prefix prints the prefix (base directory) under which python can be found. --exec-prefix print the prefix used for executable program directories (such as bin, sbin, etc). --extension-suffix print suffix used for extension modules (including the _d modified for debug builds). --configdir prints the path to the configuration directory under which the Makefile, etc. can be found). --help print the usage message. EXAMPLES
To build the singe-file c program prog against the python library, use gcc $(python-config --cflags --ldflags) progr.cpp -o progr.cpp The same in a makefile: CFLAGS+=$(shell python-config --cflags) LDFLAGS+=$(shell python-config --ldflags) all: progr To build a dynamically loadable python module, use gcc $(python-config --cflags --ldflags) -shared -fPIC progr.cpp -o progr.so SEE ALSO
python (1) http://docs.python.org/extending/extending.html /usr/share/doc/python/faq/extending.html AUTHORS
This manual page was written by Johann Felix Soden <johfel@gmx.de> for the Debian project (and may be used by others). November 27, 2011 PYTHON-CONFIG(1)