Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Strange issue installing Java 8 Post 303020096 by MadeInGermany on Friday 13th of July 2018 06:50:05 AM
Old 07-13-2018
Either put your new java path before the inherited $PATH
Code:
PATH=/usr/sbin:/usr/localcw/sbin:/usr/lib/java8/jre/bin:/usr/java8_64/jre/bin:$PATH:/sbin:/opt/IBM/db2/V9.7/bin

Or, better, look where the $PATH comes from (/etc/profile ? /etc/environment ? /etc/default/login ? ... ?) and change it there.
As others said, it can make sense to just backout the old /usr/java14/jre/bin:/usr/java14/bin: and ensure that /usr/bin/java is a link to the desired version.
This User Gave Thanks to MadeInGermany For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing Java on Openserver 6

Forgive the sheer volume of verbiage: Sco Openserver 6 - how to install Java 1.42_14b: The documentation says: "Make a subdirectory and unwind the tar file into that subdirectory. mkdir JAVA142 cd JAVA142; tar -xf ../OSR6_Java2_142.VOLS.tar Run the Software Manager with the command: ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: LetSco
6 Replies

2. Solaris

Java Exceptions while installing Oracle

Hello. I was trying to installe oracle 10g on solaris t0 x86 and got few exception? Could you please suggest, what might be going wrong? $ ls -l total 32 drwxr-xr-x 9 oracle dba 512 Nov 21 03:50 doc drwxr-xr-x 5 oracle dba 512 Nov 21 03:50 install drwxr-xr-x 2... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: panchpan
5 Replies

3. HP-UX

installing java 5.0 in HPUX B11.11

please help me how to install java 5.0 in HPUX ...where can i download java 5.0 for HPUX? thanks winky (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: winky
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Strange issue

I have created a server monitor program in Java that connects to servers via SSH and constantly refreshes the new server load every 3 mins. The problem is that even though it is a Java app running shell commands to get the load info, the commands still appear in 'history'. The question is.. is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AndrewSH
1 Replies

5. Web Development

Strange Mysql issue

Hi all, I recently changed the name of my hostname from 'abc123' to 'abc456' (as an example). I then added a user in my mysql database with the new host and removed references to the old users and hostname. The strange thing is though, a process using the database still uses the old... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: muay_tb
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

help with installing java EE on fedora 14

Hi Forum Im a new to fedora and was wondering ,Can anybody direct me to a site that shows me how to install Java EE 6 SDK Update 1 (with JDK 6 Update 23) for fedora 14. NOT openjdk i need oracles java to develop a web app using tomcat 7.0 Any help would be much appreciated and thank you in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ShinTec
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing Java Problems

Hello, When i attempt to install Java. I get this error code Can someone tell me what im doing wrong. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fob Upset
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strange Issue with sendmail

more works.sh #!/bin/ksh { print "From: reportgenerator@myserver.com" print "To: randomguy@myfirm.com" print "MIME-Version: 1.0" print "Content-Type: text/html" print "Subject: Disk Report" print "<body>" print "<table border=1>" ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
3 Replies
getusershell(3C)					   Standard C Library Functions 					  getusershell(3C)

NAME
getusershell, setusershell, endusershell - get legal user shells SYNOPSIS
#include <unistd.h> char *getusershell(void); void setusershell(void); void endusershell(void); DESCRIPTION
The getusershell() function returns a pointer to a legal user shell as defined by the system manager in the file /etc/shells. If /etc/shells does not exist, the following locations of the standard system shells are used in its place: /bin/bash /bin/csh /bin/jsh /bin/ksh /bin/ksh93 /bin/pfcsh /bin/pfksh /bin/pfsh /bin/sh /bin/tcsh /bin/zsh /sbin/jsh /sbin/pfsh /sbin/sh /usr/bin/bash /usr/bin/csh /usr/bin/jsh /usr/bin/ksh /usr/bin/ksh93 /usr/bin/pfcsh /usr/bin/pfksh /usr/bin/pfsh /usr/bin/sh /usr/bin/tcsh /usr/bin/zsh /usr/sfw/bin/zsh /usr/xpg4/bin/sh The getusershell() function opens the file /etc/shells, if it exists, and returns the next entry in the list of shells. The setusershell() function rewinds the file or the list. The endusershell() function closes the file, frees any memory used by getusershell() and setusershell(), and rewinds the file /etc/shells. RETURN VALUES
The getusershell() function returns a null pointer on EOF. BUGS
All information is contained in memory that may be freed with a call to endusershell(), so it must be copied if it is to be saved. NOTES
Restricted shells should not be listed in /etc/shells. SunOS 5.11 1 Nov 2007 getusershell(3C)