Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Telnet of multiple server and ports Post 303019885 by RudiC on Monday 9th of July 2018 05:07:41 PM
Old 07-09-2018
telnet might be eating up the rest of your input file on stdin.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Telnet script to test open ports on mult servers

Hello All, Can somebody help me with this script. I have an output file with a list of servers ips and ports. I need to be able to run this script to list all the server ips in the outfile and find out if the port is open or not. #!/bin/sh IFS=#;for i in $(cat portTest); do # check... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: liketheshell
2 Replies

2. IP Networking

domain linux server, open ports?

Hi all - i currently run a domain strifex.net. This domain has a dedicated IP address and in having that, should be able to run a ventrilo VoIP server from it. I uploaded all the needed files etc... and am able to connect to it, if and only if i enable DMZ to my local machine - then i am able to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ccfc1986
1 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

check ports on server

Hi All, I've been using this to verify if ports is open on a server. For example I would like to check port 5887, "telnet ip.of.server 5887" using on dos. If there's response on it then I can say it's open, if not then it's close. Is that assumption accurate? Thanks for any comments you... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
4 Replies

4. Linux

vsftpd on multiple ports

I have a ftp server on ssl talking on port 21, i would like to allow another port to acess the same server. I am not sure if its possible or not and if its how can i do that? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shehzad_m
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to auto telnet the server from another server using script

Hi All, I have a problem with auto telnet script, but I want to tell u something a) I am only a member access on the server, so not able to access 'root' account b) not able to install any software on server 3) On server, there is not install 'except' I have to write a script, which is ran... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: atul9806
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I have firewall rules to open ports, why telnet refuses connection?

Alright... this question comes from the fact that I'm trying to setup postfix to relay messages to Office 365 SMTP but its giving me connection refused... I read that if you have doubts if your port is open or not you should telnet to them so thats what I did. This is a Red Hat 6.3 box. My... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RedSpyder
4 Replies

7. Red Hat

Ports opened on remove server

Hi Gents, I know we can use nmap & telnet to find remove server ports, any other way for the same ? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: heman96
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 11 ssh on machine with multiple Ethernet ports

I have a server with 6 Ethernet ports. 4 are the the motherboard based 1 GBE ports and 2 are 10 GBE ports on NICs. I have set these all up with static IP addresses and use the standard /etc/nsswitch.files. My IP addresses are net0 192.168.1.82 net1 192.168.2.82 and so on till net5... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashlaw
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Check telnet port multiple server

Dear Team, I want to check multiple linux server to check port open. eg. 192.168.1.12 80,192.168.1.12 443 Please provide script for that? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradeep1807
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help grep multiple ports in a file.

I wish to grep for an entry in a file if it contains and does not start with #, Listen 443 or Listen 9443 Below is what helped me get Listen 443 but how can I tweak the below command to also include Listen 9443 port ? Note: Listen 8443 or Listen 4438 should fail in the grep. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
2 Replies
Regexp::Common::URI::telnet(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			    Regexp::Common::URI::telnet(3)

NAME
Regexp::Common::URI::telnet -- Returns a pattern for telnet URIs. SYNOPSIS
use Regexp::Common qw /URI/; while (<>) { /$RE{URI}{telnet}/ and print "Contains a telnet URI. "; } DESCRIPTION
$RE{URI}{telnet} Returns a pattern that matches telnet URIs, as defined by RFC 1738. Telnet URIs have the form: "telnet:" "//" [ user [ ":" password ] "@" ] host [ ":" port ] [ "/" ] Under "{-keep}", the following are returned: $1 The complete URI. $2 The scheme. $3 The username:password combo, or just the username if there is no password. $4 The username, if given. $5 The password, if given. $6 The host:port combo, or just the host if there's no port. $7 The host. $8 The port, if given. $9 The trailing slash, if any. REFERENCES
[RFC 1738] Berners-Lee, Tim, Masinter, L., McCahill, M.: Uniform Resource Locators (URL). December 1994. SEE ALSO
Regexp::Common::URI for other supported URIs. AUTHOR
Damian Conway (damian@conway.org) MAINTAINANCE
This package is maintained by Abigail (regexp-common@abigail.be). BUGS AND IRRITATIONS
Bound to be plenty. LICENSE and COPYRIGHT This software is Copyright (c) 2001 - 2009, Damian Conway and Abigail. This module is free software, and maybe used under any of the following licenses: 1) The Perl Artistic License. See the file COPYRIGHT.AL. 2) The Perl Artistic License 2.0. See the file COPYRIGHT.AL2. 3) The BSD Licence. See the file COPYRIGHT.BSD. 4) The MIT Licence. See the file COPYRIGHT.MIT. perl v5.18.2 2013-03-08 Regexp::Common::URI::telnet(3)