Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Latest list of files of each type Post 303019813 by RudiC on Saturday 7th of July 2018 01:41:47 PM
Old 07-07-2018
Code:
tail -2

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh: How to get latest file from a list of files in a directory

Hi, I need to get the latest file from a list of files in a particular directory. Please could anyone help me out to get the file. Thank you, - Jay. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jayathirtha
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Basic Q: getting list of all files of type within folder & subfolders

A painfully rudimentary UNIX question for somebody. I've been puzzling over this for the last hour but can't find the right command. I'm simply trying to get a list of all files - and their full paths - within a folder & subfolders which have extension .php and .js. That's it! No amount of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AtomicPenguin
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retain 3 latest files

Guys, Please can you tell me how to retain 3 latest files in a directory and get rid of the rest ? Thanks very much Regards, Ganesh (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamathg
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To list only the very latest files

Hi, There are huge no of files in the directory. If i say ls -ltr it is taking too much time. i want to see only the files for Feb,2009. Please help. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatesht
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with list of latest file names

Hi Gurus, I need to list only those files which are most recent and the latest log file. For example if I have the following file list: JOB001.LOG_00uv02_00006 - Jul 7 12:16 JOB001.LOG_00vi0t_00001 - Aug 4 21:58 JOB001.LOG_00vi0t_00002 - Aug 5 09:15 JOB001.LOG_00vi0t_00003 - Aug 5... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shash
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Getting Latest files

Hai I wolud like to know how to get the latest files. ex: file_ssss_00 file_ssss_01 i need to get file_ssss_01 files only. (in Unix script) Please give some idea ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raju4u
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

List all old files except 15 latest files

Guys, Someone please guide me to tell me how do I print and later remove all old files in a folder recursively but keep only latest 15 modified files. When I do - ls -tp | head -15 I get the list of last 15 modified files whereas I need the list of all OTHER files except these files. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockf1bull
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

I have this list of files . Now I will have to pick the latest file based on some condition

3679 Jul 21 23:59 belk_rpo_error_**po9324892**_07212014.log 0 Jul 22 23:59 belk_rpo_error_**po9324892**_07222014.log 3679 Jul 23 23:59 belk_rpo_error_**po9324892**_07232014.log 22 Jul 22 06:30 belk_rpo_error_**po9324267**_07012014.log 0 Jul 20 05:50... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: LoneRanger
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Need help with UNIX command to get the latest file from list of files with timestamp

Hi All, I have list of files like below with name abcxyz.timestamp. I need a unix command to pick the latest file from the list of below files. Here in this case the lates file is abcxyz.20190304103200. I have used this unix command "ls abcxyz*|tail -1" but i heard that it is not the appropriate... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshp
2 Replies
DH_MOVEFILES(1) 						     Debhelper							   DH_MOVEFILES(1)

NAME
dh_movefiles - move files out of debian/tmp into subpackages SYNOPSIS
dh_movefiles [debhelperoptions] [--sourcedir=dir] [-Xitem] [file...] DESCRIPTION
dh_movefiles is a debhelper program that is responsible for moving files out of debian/tmp or some other directory and into other package build directories. This may be useful if your package has a Makefile that installs everything into debian/tmp, and you need to break that up into subpackages. Note: dh_install is a much better program, and you are recommended to use it instead of dh_movefiles. FILES
debian/package.files Lists the files to be moved into a package, separated by whitespace. The filenames listed should be relative to debian/tmp/. You can also list directory names, and the whole directory will be moved. OPTIONS
--sourcedir=dir Instead of moving files out of debian/tmp (the default), this option makes it move files out of some other directory. Since the entire contents of the sourcedir is moved, specifying something like --sourcedir=/ is very unsafe, so to prevent mistakes, the sourcedir must be a relative filename; it cannot begin with a `/'. -Xitem, --exclude=item Exclude files that contain item anywhere in their filename from being installed. file ... Lists files to move. The filenames listed should be relative to debian/tmp/. You can also list directory names, and the whole directory will be moved. It is an error to list files here unless you use -p, -i, or -a to tell dh_movefiles which subpackage to put them in. NOTES
Note that files are always moved out of debian/tmp by default (even if you have instructed debhelper to use a compatibility level higher than one, which does not otherwise use debian/tmp for anything at all). The idea behind this is that the package that is being built can be told to install into debian/tmp, and then files can be moved by dh_movefiles from that directory. Any files or directories that remain are ignored, and get deleted by dh_clean later. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_MOVEFILES(1)