Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Awk: group multiple fields from different records Post 303019795 by beca123456 on Friday 6th of July 2018 02:54:46 PM
Old 07-06-2018
Very good point !
I got it now, thanks !

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AWK ??-print for fields within records in a file

Hello all, Would appreciate if someone can help me out on the following requirement. INPUT FILE: -------------------------- TPS REPORT abc def ghi jkl mon pqr stu vrs lll END OF TPS REPORT TPS REPORT field1 field2 field3 field4 field5 field6 (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: hyennah
8 Replies

2. Infrastructure Monitoring

Processing records as group - awk

I have a file has following records policy glb id 1233 name Permit ping from "One" to "Second" "Address1" "Any" "ICMP-ANY" permit policy id 999251 service "snmp-udp" exit policy glb id 1234 name Permit telnet from "One" to "Second" "Address2" "Any" "TCP-ANY" permit policy id 1234... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: baskar
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to parse with awk (using different fields), then group by a field?

When parsing multiple fields in a file using AWK, how do you group by one of the fields and parse by delimiters? to clarify If a file had tom | 223-2222-4444 , randofield ivan | 123-2422-4444 , random filed ... | and , are the delimiters ... How would you group by the social security... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Josef_Stalin
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

keeping last record among group of records with common fields (awk)

input: ref.1;rack.1;1 #group1 ref.1;rack.1;2 #group1 ref.1;rack.2;1 #group2 ref.2;rack.3;1 #group3 ref.2;rack.3;2 #group3 ref.2;rack.3;3 #group3 Among records from same group (i.e. with same 1st and 2nd field - separated by ";"), I would need to keep the last record... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: beca123456
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk gsub multiple fields

Hi, I am trying to execute this line awk -F ";" -v OFS=";" '{gsub(/\./,",",$6); print}' FILE but for multiple fields $6 $7 $8 Do you have a suggstion? Tried: awk -F ";" -v OFS="";"" "function GSUB( F ) {gsub(/\./,\",\",$F); print} { GSUB( 6 ); GSUB( 7 ); GSUB( 8 ) } 1"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nakaedu
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk multiple fields separators

Can you please help me with this .... Input File share "FTPTransfer" "/v31_fs01/root/FTP-Transfer" umask=022 maxusr=4294967295 netbios=NJ09FIL530 share "Test" "/v31_fs01/root/Test" umask=022 maxusr=4294967295 netbios=NJ09FIL530 share "ENR California" "/v31_fs01/root/ENR California"... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: greycells
14 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Make all records with the same number of fields (awk)

Hi, input: AA|BB|CC DD|EE FF what I am trying to get: AA|BB|CC DD|EE| FF|| I tried to create first an UDF for printing repeats, but I think I have an issue with my END section or my array: function repeat(str, n, rep, i) { for(i=1 ;i<n;i++) rep=rep str return rep } ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: beca123456
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to Group by Based on Multiple Fields in a file

Hi, I want to know if there is any simple approach to SUM a field based on group by of different fields for e.g. file1.txt contains below data 20160622|XXX1||50.00||50.00|MONEY|Plan1| 20160622|XXX1||100.00||100.00|MONEY|Plan1| 20160623|XXX1||25.00||25.00|MONEY|Plan1|... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cnu_theprince
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print multiple fields with awk

so its common knowledge one can print multiple fields with simple commands like this: echo 12 44 45 552 24 | awk '{print $1,$4,$3}' but suppose i want to avoid specifying the "$" symbol. is that possible? can something like this be done: echo 12 44 45 552 24 | awk '{print $(1,4,3)}' ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk for matching fields between files with repeated records

Hello all, I am having trouble with what should be an easy task, but seem to be missing something fundamental. I have two files, with File 1 consisting of a single field of many thousands of records. I also have File 2 with two fields and many thousands of records. My goal is that when $1 of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jvoot
2 Replies
fssnap(1M)                                                System Administration Commands                                                fssnap(1M)

NAME
fssnap - create temporary snapshots of a file system SYNOPSIS
fssnap [-F FSType] [-V] -o special_options /mount/point fssnap -d [-F FSType] [-V] /mount/point | dev fssnap -i [-F FSType] [-V] [-o special_options] [/mount/point | dev] DESCRIPTION
The fssnap command creates a stable, read-only snapshot of a file system when given either an active mount point or a special device con- taining a mounted file system, as in the first form of the synopsis. A snapshot is a temporary image of a file system intended for backup operations. While the snapshot file system is stable and consistent, an application updating files when the snapshot is created might leave these files in an internally inconsistent, truncated, or otherwise unusable state. In such a case, the snapshot will contain these partially written or corrupted files. It is a good idea to ensure active applications are suspended or checkpointed and their associated files are also consis- tent during snapshot creation. File access times are not updated while the snapshot is being created. A path to the virtual device that contains this snapshot is printed to standard output when a snapshot is created. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -d Deletes the snapshot associated with the given file system. -F FSType Specifies the file system type to be used. The FSType should either be specified here or be determined by matching the block special device with an entry in the /etc/vfstab table, or by consulting /etc/default/fs. -i Displays the state of any given FSType snapshot. If a mount-point or device is not given, a list of all snapshots on the system is displayed. When a mount-point or device is specified, detailed information is provided for the specified file system snapshot by default. The format and meaning of this information is file-system dependent. See the FSType-specific fssnap man page for details. -o special_options See the FSType-specific man page for fssnap. -V Echoes the complete command line, but does not execute the command. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: /mount/point The directory where the file system resides. EXAMPLES
See FSType-specific man pages for examples. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. FILES
/etc/vfstab Specifies file system type. /etc/default/fs Specifies the default local file system type. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
fssnap_ufs(1M), attributes(5) NOTES
This command might not be supported for all FSTypes. SunOS 5.10 11 Aug 2004 fssnap(1M)