Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Dev/urandom and dev/random missing in HP-UX Post 303019793 by MadeInGermany on Friday 6th of July 2018 02:31:45 PM
Old 07-06-2018
Maybe it was available as a patch/package.
But lately I do not have access to HP-UX systems, discontinued my HPE account, and have forgotten many things...
You might want to have a look in the HP-UX forum, e.g. the HP-UX links at the top.
There are some links to HPE support.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/dev/fb* missing

I am trying to run openwin on Solaris 5.8, but get an error: /dev/fb: No such file or directory Graphics Adapter device /dev/fb is of unknown type Fatal server error: InitOutput: Error loading module for /dev/fb giving up. /usr/openwin/bin/xinit: Connection refused (errno 146): ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: heinb
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/dev/urandom

Hi, how do I use /dev/urandom to generate a single number between 1-100? I can od /dev/urandom but it gives me an endless list of random numbers, I just want 1 between 1-100. How can I get that? Thanks. (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Takumi
12 Replies

3. AIX

missing /dev/ipldevice

Hello I was doing a mksysb and was given an error message that my /dev/ipldevice was missing. when i do an lslv -m hd5 i get the following output: LP PP1 PV1 PP2 PV2 PP3 PV3 0001 0001 hdisk0 0002 0002 hdisk0 I check other... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mhenryj
3 Replies

4. Solaris

What is /dev/tty /dev/null and /dev/console

Hi, Anyone can help My solaris 8 system has the following /dev/null , /dev/tty and /dev/console All permission are lrwxrwxrwx Can this be change to a non-world write ?? any impact ?? (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: civic2005
12 Replies

5. SuSE

/dev/sg7 missing

Hello all. I have a device thats suposed to be /dev/sg7 but when I do "ls -laF /dev/sg*" all sgXX are there from 0 to 15 except 7. what is going wrong:mad:. Please its urgent:wall: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eXadra
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Lun remove, stuck in /dev/dsk and /dev/rdsk

So, we removed a LUN from the SAN and the system is refusing to remove the references to it in the /dev folder. I've done the following: devfsadm -Cv powermt -q luxadm -e offline <drive path> luxadm probe All those commands failed to remove the path. The drive stills shows up as <drive... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: DustinT
13 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to generate a file with random data. /dev/[u]random doesn't exist.

Need to use dd to generate a large file from a sample file of random data. This is because I don't have /dev/urandom. I create a named pipe then: dd if=mynamed.fifo do=myfile.fifo bs=1024 count=1024 but when I cat a file to the fifo that's 1024 random bytes: cat randomfile.txt >... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Devyn
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automating partitioning setup of /dev/sda on /dev/sdc

Objective: To recreate the partitioning setup of /dev/sda on /dev/sdc How would I parse the below information and initialize variables (an array?) that can be used to build sgdisk commands in a script, regardless of the number of partitions? Something along the lines of: sgdisk -n... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: RogerBaran
12 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Cmd 'cat /dev/urandom' not closing cleanly

Hi I'm running the following command to generate a random password in a KSH script on a RHEL Linux VM but for some reason the cmd is not being closed and it's causing problems on the host. PASSWORD="$(cat /dev/urandom | tr -dc "a-zA-Z0-9" | fold -w 16 | head -1)Aa0!" The code worked as... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: user052009
2 Replies
BounceURL(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					    BounceURL(3pm)

NAME
Pod::Hyperlink::BounceURL - Allow off-page links in POD to point to a URL SYNOPSIS
use Pod::Hyperlink::BounceURL; my $linkparser = new Pod::Hyperlink::BounceURL; $linkparser->configure( URL => '/cgi-perl/support/bounce.pl?page=%s' ); my $pod2xhtml = new Pod::Xhtml( LinkParser => $linkparser ); DESCRIPTION
Some links in your pod may not be resolveable by Pod::Hyperlink, e.g. "L<Some::Module>" - this module allows you to detect such links and generate a hyperlink instead of some static text. The target URL will probably be some kind of dynamic webpage or CGI application which can then serve up the relevant page or send a redirect to the page, hence the "bounce" in this module's name. This module overrides the type() method and, for relevant links, will return a string which is "bounceurl:" followed by the URL, instead of returning "page" or "item". Your pod-conversion module can then switch on this case and emit the correct kind of markup. Pod::Xhtml supports the use of this module. METHODS
configure( %OPTIONS ) Set persistent configuration for this object. See "OPTIONS". type() Behaves as Pod::Hyperlink's type() method except for the unresolveable links, where the string returned is as described in "DESCRIPTION". OPTIONS
URL The URL to handle the link, which may be absolute or relative, of any protocol - it's just treated as a string and is passed through sprintf(), with two string arguments that are both already URL-escaped. The first argument is the page name, and will always exist. The second argument is the "node" within the page, and may be empty. Insert '%s' where you wish the arguments to be interpolated. The string goes through sprintf() so you should have '%%' where you want an actual percent sign. If you need the arguments in a different order, see the perl-specific features of "sprintf" in perlfunc. VERSION
$Revision: 1.7 $ AUTHOR
P Kent <cpan _at_ bbc _dot_ co _dot_ uk> COPYRIGHT
(c) BBC 2007. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the GNU GPL. See the file COPYING in this distribution, or http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt perl v5.10.1 2010-07-28 BounceURL(3pm)