Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Cut the data with a string that has \ in it Post 303019773 by RudiC on Friday 6th of July 2018 03:20:25 AM
Old 07-06-2018
Try
Code:
echo 'abc\USER DEFINED\123\345\adf\aq1' | sed 's/\\USER DEFINED\\/|/'
abc|123\345\adf\aq1

This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

read string, check string length and cut

Hello All, Plz help me with: I have a csv file with data separated by ',' and optionally enclosed by "". I want to check each of these values to see if they exceed the specified string length, and if they do I want to cut just that value to the max length allowed and keep the csv format as it... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ozzy80
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut data and put it in next line

here is my sample file dn: cn=Anandmohan Singh,ou=addressbook,dc=thbs,dc=com objectClass: top objectClass: person objectClass: organizationalPerson objectClass: inetOrgPerson cn: Anandmohan Singh givenName: Anandmohan mail: anand_ms@thbs.com mobile: 9986010455 ou: null... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: namishtiwari
16 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut Data In Bigfile

I want to create new file for 'NO 0004/01' and 'NO 0005/01' only How can i do It for shot time Data FILE Data.txt (Data ~1,000,000 Line) START NO 0001/01 HEAD AAAA BODY1 AAA BODY2 AAA TAIL AAA END START B1 NO 0001/02 HEAD AAAA BODY1 AAA BODY2 AAA BODY3 AAA TAIL AAA (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kittiwas
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut column and edit data

Mar 26 12:32:53 name sshd: 192.168.1.14 Mar 27 12:42:53 name sshd: 192.168.1.14 how to make this data in output as: "Mar 26 12:32:53","name","sshd","192.168.1.14" "Mar 27 12:42:53","name","sshd","192.168.1.14" anyone plzz help me out!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacky29
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl search string for cut data

perl -lne '$/="1H1XXXXX";print $_ if /0001|0002|0003/' data.txt> output.txt more data.txt 1H1XXXXX|0001|Y| aaa bbb ccc 1H1XXXXX|0005|N| bbb g 1H1XXXXX|0001|Y| hhh ddd 222 1H1XXXXX|0002|Y| 444 1H1XXXXX|0002|N| 222 1H1XXXXX|0003|Y| hhhh (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kittiwas
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Data manipulation with cut command

Hi, I need some help with the cut command, can i use it to cut a certain number of characters from string starting from the end. say my string is like this some junk data xyz1@pqr.com xyz2@pqr.com some more junk data I can't exactly say how many email addresses are present in between. But the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: poojabhat
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut and paste data in new file

HI Guys, I have file A: Abc XyZ Abc Xyz Kal Kaloo Abc XyZ Abc Xyz Kalpooo Abc XyZ Abc Xyz Kloo Abc Abc Klooo I want file B Abc XyZ Abc Xyz Kal Kaloo Abc XyZ Abc Xyz Kalpooo Abc XyZ Abc Xyz Kloo File A is now 1 lines Abc Abc Klooo Cut all lines which have xyz... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asavaliya
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut the string

Hi in a directory i've files having the following name for_category_info_19990101984301 for_catgry_meta_19991111214601 ------- I just want the name till year and month i.e; for_category_info_199901 for_catgry_meta_199911 How can i achieve the above string Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smile689
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut the string

---------- Post updated at 10:31 AM ---------- Previous update was at 10:28 AM ---------- Hello, I am trying to get the string cut based on the following needs: String1=Submitted request 25574824 for CONCURRENT SQLAP RUAPACTUALSEXT Y RUAPACTUALS122313100616.dat "2013/01/12 14:50:44"... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cartrider
6 Replies

10. What is on Your Mind?

Cut Over to New Data Center and Upgraded OS Done. :)

Three days ago we received an expected notice from our long time data center that they were going dark on Sept 12th. About one and a half hours ago, after three days of marathon work, I just cut over the unix.com to a new data center with a completely new OS and Ubuntu distribution. (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
22 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)