Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers How To Retreive Files With a Special Condition? Post 303019750 by april on Thursday 5th of July 2018 07:52:50 AM
Old 07-05-2018
Hello apmcd47,
Thank you for your post.

All the files in the directory start with mRefresh_
The timestamp doesn't matter to me in my script.
The order doesn't matter to me because I just need to copy them to another directory.
So, your code works for me.

Thank you very much, apmcd47 and all who replied.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Trying to retreive and compare value

Hi All, I'm have a file test.txt that looks like this 1939399393 03094994949 948383 I have to check whether the first character in the first line is 1 or not. I have tried the following option but it seems to fail head -1 test.txt | grep ^1 but it seems to display the entire... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: omahablues
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to filer a line in special condition?

Hi, I hava log file which has the following output : Created RELEASE in dist/filename_release_1_0_20090210.zip Created RELEASE in dist/filename_release_1_1_20090210.zip Created RELEASE in dist/filename_release_1_3_20090210.zip Created RELEASE in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhaskar_m
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to insert a character in line in Special condition?

Hi, I have a log file generated by a tool which has the following look : /tmp/releases/directory/datefilename1_release_date.zip /tmp/releases/directory/datefilename2_release_date.zip /tmp/releases/directory/datefilename3_release_date.zip... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhaskar_m
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare 2 files & get only few columns based on a condition related to both files?

Hiiiii friends I have 2 files which contains huge data & few lines of it are as shown below File1: b.dat(which has 21 columns) SSR 1976 8 12 13 10 44.00 39.0700 70.7800 7.0 0 0.00 0 2.78 0.00 0.00 0 0.00 2.78 0 NULL ISC 1976 8 12 22 32 37.39 36.2942 70.7338... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: reva
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Strings with Special chars in IF condition

I was trying to run a code to check if a fax number is empty or not. for that, I've written the following code which is throwing an error. #!/bin/ksh fax= "999-999-9999" if ; then fax_no="000-000-0000" else fax_no=$fax fi echo $fax_no And I get the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hooaamai
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

to add special tag to a column based on column condition

Hi All, I have following html code <TR><TD>9</TD><TD>AR_TVR_TBS </TD><TD>85000</TD><TD>39938</TD><TD>54212</TD><TD>46</TD></TR> <TR><TD>10</TD><TD>ASCV_SMY_TBS </TD><TD>69880</TD><TD>33316</TD><TD>45698</TD><TD>47</TD></TR> <TR><TD>11</TD><TD>ARC_TBS ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckwan
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print every 5 lines with special condition

Hi Friends, I have an input file like this chr1 100 200 chr1 200 300 chr1 300 400 chr1 400 500 chr1 500 600 chr1 600 700 chr1 700 800 chr1 800 900 chr1 900 920 chr1 940 960 I would like to get the first line's second column and the fifth line's 3rd column as one single line. This... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
13 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

If condition matching with special chars

Hi, I have file #cat drivers.txt fcs0 fcs1 vscsi1 vscsi2 In this i need to check the availabality of "fcs" or "vscsi" alone not vscsi0,fcs1 I tried with "if condition" but it is not working. cat drivers.txt| while read ADAP do echo "Checking for $ADAP" if ;then echo "FC... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksgnathan
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Columns to Rows - Transpose - Special Condition

Hi Friends, Hope all is well. I have an input file like this a gene1 10 b gene1 2 c gene2 20 c gene3 10 d gene4 5 e gene5 6 Steps to reach output. 1. Print unique values of column1 as column of the matrix, which will be a b c (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

If condition fails for special charecter

I have a sample server name listed in variable as below: var="server-13" I need to check if the 7th character on $var is number 1 whichenv=`echo "$var"| head -c 7 | tail -c 1` if ]; then echo "9 found" else echo "9 Not Found" fi Output: This works... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
3 Replies
NINPATHS(8)						    InterNetNews Documentation						       NINPATHS(8)

NAME
ninpaths - Report Usenet Path statistics (new inpaths) SYNOPSIS
ninpaths -p -d dumpfile ninpaths -r site -u dumpfile [-u dumpfile ...] -v level DESCRIPTION
This is an efficient and space-saving inpaths reporting program. It works as follows: you feed it the Path lines via an INN channel feed or some other similar method, and from time to time the program writes all its internal counters accumulated so far to a dump file. Another instance of the program picks up all the dump files, adds them up and formats them into the report. The purpose of the final report is to summarize the frequency of occurrence of sites in the Path headers of articles. Some central sites accumulate the Path data from many news servers running this program or one like it, and then report statistics on the most frequently seen news servers in Usenet article Path lines. The sendinpaths shell script can be run once a month to mail the accumulated statistics to such a site and remove the old dump files. You can get a working setup by doing the following: 1. Create a directory at pathlog/path (replacing pathlog here and in all steps that follow with the full path to your INN log directory). 2. Set up a channel feed using an entry like: inpaths!:*:Tc,WP:ninpaths -p -d <pathlog>/path/inpaths.%d if your version of INN supports WP (2.0 and later all do). Replace <pathlog> with the full path to your INN log directory. 3. Enter into your news user crontab something like: 6 6 * * * ctlinnd flush inpaths! (the actual time doesn't matter). This will force ninpaths to generate a dump file once a day. 4. Once per month, run the sendinpaths script, which collects the dumps, makes a report, and then deletes the old dumps. (You can generate a report without mailing it and without deleting it with "sendinpaths -n".) OPTIONS
-d dumpfile Save dumps in dumpfile. Any %d in dumpfile will be replaced with the current system time when the dump is made. This option should be used with -p. -p Read Path lines from standard input. -r site Generate a report for site. Generally site should be the value of pathhost from inn.conf. -u dumpfile Read data from dumpfile. This option can be repeated to read data from multiple dump files. -v level Set the verbosity level of the report. Valid values for level are 0, 1, and 2, with 2 being the default. NOTES
If your INN doesn't have the WP feed flag (1.5 does not, 1.6 does, 1.7 I don't know, 2.0 and later all do), use the following newsfeeds entry: inpaths!:*:Tc,WH:ginpaths where ginpaths is the following script: #!/bin/sh exec egrep '^Path: ' | ninpaths -p -d <pathlog>/path/inpaths.%d replacing <pathlog> as above. SEE ALSO
newsfeeds(5), sendinpaths(8) This is a slightly modified version of Olaf Titz's original ninpaths program, which is posted to alt.sources and kept on his WWW archive under <http://sites.inka.de/~bigred/sw/>. HISTORY
ninpaths was written by Olaf Titz <olaf@bigred.inka.de>. The idea and some implementation details for ninpaths come from the original inpaths program, but most of the code has been rewritten for clarity. This program is in the public domain. $Id: ninpaths.pod 7851 2008-05-26 19:33:08Z iulius $ INN 2.5.2 2009-05-21 NINPATHS(8)