Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting The DT messaging system could not be started. Post 303019644 by Stellaman1977 on Tuesday 3rd of July 2018 08:31:37 AM
Old 07-03-2018
Thanks.. It was the full drive. I was able to clear off a 120MB file and the user accounts started working again.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

The Desktop Messaging System Could Not Be Started HP-UX

Hi People! I've just got a HP-UX system dumped on me. I've started it, followed all the install/setup questions, and everything was going ok, right upto when going into the desktop enviroment I got the message "The Desktop Messaging System Could Not Be Started". Now I've checked the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpiuk
8 Replies

2. HP-UX

HP VUE Messaginbg system could not be started

hi guys..its been a while since my last post... a friend of mine has a problem with their HP Openview and has the following error: The HP VUE messaging system could not be started. To correct the problem: 1. Choose to return to the login-screen. 2. Select failsafe session.... ... ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: inquirer
2 Replies

3. IP Networking

DT messaging could not be started

this id the message i get with a suggestions to check those files: /etc/src.sh /etc/hosts /usr/adm/inetd.sec i have little knowledge of hoe to edit those files/ i went to the etc library and didn't found src.sh file. what should i do? also didn't find the inetd.sec file In the host... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amirp
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 10 CDE problem - The DT messaging system could not be started

A Google search with: +Solaris +"The DT messaging system could not be started" returns 138 hits. All of the relevant possible solutions are in this document. My apologies for such a long document but I thought I would try to minimize the resolution attempts that I've already tried. System... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rpollard001
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

The DT messaging system could not be started

Hello All, I am getting " The DT messaging system could not be started" message when wants to login as root on a box running on tru64 5.1A. /etc/hosts is ok. when i see in .dt/errorlog it shows message server could not be started. Thanks for help. Awadhesh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Awadhesh
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 8, you boot the system but does not have anything on the screen (not started)

Greetings to all. I have two computers, Sun Blade 150. the first, had the Solaris 8 system, and that system needed to clone the "second" to start it with the same settings. Use a program to clone the drive, and then have cloned, had the error: Can't read disk label. Can't open disk... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: feliz-58
4 Replies

7. HP-UX

Help needed HP UX 11.11i new install on C8000 Desktop messaging system error CAN'T FIX

Hi, I have a HP UX C8000 box , have installed 11.11i from 4 x cds numerous times to try to get a functioning Network or to try and get rid of this error on start up, after new install and 1st startup I get an error "The desktop messaging system could not be started" and then advice about... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: C8000
12 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)