Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sendmail command truncating to list Post 303019618 by vyomdev on Tuesday 3rd of July 2018 03:05:51 AM
Old 07-03-2018
Sendmail command truncating to list

Hey Folks - I'm trying to pass a list of To address using sendmail command but upon executing the script the to list gets truncated and not able to send the last
sender :

Code:
-bash-4.3$ ./akt.sh
Date : 03-JUL-18
aaaaa.sss#bgttecre.bom trcikant.shrivas#bgttecre.bom abc#xyz.bom pqr#lmn.bom lion
#tiger.bom tom#jerry.bom
lion... User unknown
#tiger.bom... User address required
/home/asian/dead.letter... Saved message in /home/asian/dead.letter

below is the code snippet :

Code:
(
echo "From: "
echo "Subject: testing of html table using awk"
echo "Content-type: text/html"
echo
awk -F "," 'BEGIN{print "<table>"} {print "<tr>";for(i=1;i<=NF;i++)print "<td>" $i"</td>";print  "</tr>"} END{print "</table>"}' $fName
) | /usr/sbin/sendmail $toList_alert

$to_list = aaaaa.sss#bgttecre.bom trcikant.shrivas#bgttecre.bom abc#xyz.bom pqr#lmn.bom lion#tiger.bom tom#jerry.bom

picked from database mapping table

replaced @ with #, due to posting issues

Last edited by Don Cragun; 07-03-2018 at 05:15 AM.. Reason: Guess at where missing CODE tags should go...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

`ps` command truncating text

I have some processes that show a long file path as part of the process name and the process name gets truncated off. Does anyone know how to get the full output from the `ps`command so that I can see the whole process name? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: keelba
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Truncating a variable

I have a variable that is a full path name and I just want the file name with out the extension. I have figured out how to do this using some temp files but I would really like to avoid that if possible. I know I can do echo ${TMPNAME%.*} to drop the extension is there a similar way to drop... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: whdr02
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Truncating the last character

Hi all , I am creating the file which holds the create query to run in the sql prompt: so when i am creating: create table XXX( SD Varchar2(10), DF Varchar2(10),) I am getting one comma at the last ,before i am inserting the closing bracket i need to delete that? kindly provide me the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ithirak17
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sendmail command

Can anyone tell me? How can i attach the file using sendmail command? Give me one example. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingganesh04
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Truncating a mail file

Hi, I have a Unix mail file that I need to truncate, based on the date of the messages. For those not familiar with the format, it is a single file for each user, with the first line of the mail message looking like the following: From user@sitename.com Thu Apr 21 05:40:33 2011 Each... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: joed
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

plink truncating commands

I'm using plink.exe on WinXP to run some commands on Z/OS BASH. My commands are interspersed with echo commands so that I can parse the output and work out what is where. The first hundred or so commands run fine, but then one of them gets truncated. For example: Input: echo :end_logdetail:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: PhilHibbs
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

nawk is truncating output

Legends, I have 2 files f1 and f2. when i use nawk to compare the difference(subtraction) from 4th column of the file, it truncates the output. can you please help to resolve this. subtraction is (4th col of f1 - 4th col of f2). but it gives only below lines out of 116. I want to print all... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdosanjh
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Configure CC list in sendMail

Hi All, When I send a mail using sendMail command it sends a mail to the concerned with few people in cclist. Not sure where cc list is configured. I want to change that cc list configuration. Please help. Thanks and Regards Nagaraja Akkivalli. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nagaraja Akkiva
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Regarding help in sendmail command

Hello All, I have a query here. I want to send an email by sendmailcommand in BASH. So email should have body(by reading a Input_file) in it as well as it should send same Input_file as attachment too. To do so I have tried as following. sendmail_touser() { cat - ${Input_file_HTML} << EOF |... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: RavinderSingh13
5 Replies

10. Solaris

How to avoid truncating in ps output ?

Hello, This is Solaris 10 (x86) bash-3.2# cat /etc/release Solaris 10 5/09 s10x_u7wos_08 X86 Copyright 2009 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Use is subject to license terms. Assembled 30 March... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
5 Replies
MKBOM(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						  MKBOM(8)

NAME
mkbom -- create a bill-of-materials file SYNOPSIS
mkbom [-s] directory bom mkbom [-s] -i filelist bom mkbom -h | --help DESCRIPTION
The mkbom command creates a bill-of-materials (bom(5)). You must specify either a source as a directory, or a text file containing a file listing as outputted by lsbom(8). mkbom will generate bill-of-materials information based on that information. Any existing bomfile will be overwritten by the new bomfile. Options: -h print full usage -s create a simplified bom containing only file paths -i filelist use the information in filelist, one entry per line, to construct the bom file. The format of the file should match lsbom(8) output with no formatting options (the default). If -s is given to mkbom, the input filelist should contain only pathnames, as with lsbom -s. SEE ALSO
bom(5), ditto(8), mkbom(8) HISTORY
The mkbom command appeared in NeXTSTEP as a tool to create bom files used during installation. Mac OS X September 26, 2006 Mac OS X