Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell script to execute sql query. Post 303019617 by cero on Tuesday 3rd of July 2018 02:39:59 AM
Old 07-03-2018
You'll have to use option 1 to get rid of the spaces (that is what I ment with fixed width columns).

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to execute SQL's

Hi people, i need youre help on this. I need to create an Shell SCript to list in a directory some sql files and then execute them one by one . Also i need to have Logs from the executed Sql's to send to our costummers. Can anyone help me on this Regards, osramos (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: osramos
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

TO execute .sql 2005 query file in shell script

Hi, I know in oracle a .sql file is called by @ <path> /<filename>. But how to call in sql 2005, I am opening the sql sessionwith sqsh, is there any command to execute there a .sql file (query in sql 2005) in K shell script. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: n2ekhil
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

query sql using shell script

query sql using shell script, is it possible? my friend told me to do a file.sql and link to my shell script, but can i query sql using shell script? thanks in advance! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingpeejay
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to execute shell script in another server that contain sql.

hi all, how to execute shell script in another server that contain sql script. i tried using "ssh -l" option.. but i am unable to load the environment variable of the remote host. please suggest how execute the shell script contain sql part inside it. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeep909
2 Replies

5. Programming

how to execute the sql quires from shell script?

hi all, I'm new to shell scripting, i want to know how to use the sql statements from the shell script? is there any documents or pdf to learn from the begining? plese provide me some useful links on the same. Thanks all in advance..,:b: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vij_krr
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute SQL query in unix script

Hi I am new in unix. oracle and unix are installed in my sytem.i need the script which could connect to the oracle using username ,password and schema and can run the select * from tab query. Thanks vijay (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijays3
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to execute Oracle query taking input from a file to form query

Hi, I need to query Oracle database for 100 users. I have these 100 users in a file. I need a shell script which would read this User file (one user at a time) & query database. For instance: USER CITY --------- ---------- A CITY_A B CITY_B C ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DevendraG
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

Sql query through shell script

hey , i am using this code to store value of a sql query and and then use it in other query but after some time , but it is not working. please help #!/bin/bash val_1=$( sqlplus -s rte/rted2@rel76d2 << EOF setting heading off select max(stat_id) from cvt_stats; exit EOF ) nohup... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramsavi
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute a sql querry from shell script?

hello forum , I am new to shell scripting. as part of my assignment i have to execute a sql querry from the shell script. please help me. example. sql queerry:db2 "select emp_id from tsble emp". i have to execute the above querry from the script. advance thanks to forum Siva ranganath (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: workforsiva
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with shell script to execute a sql cursor

Hi All, I want some help in writing a shell script which will be in the below form: A logical representation of shell scripts: ->Shell scripts start ->Connect to database ->Execute a sql and store the output in a cursor(need to know is there any concept of cursor in unix) ->Using a loop... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chitragupta
2 Replies
MYSQL_DB_QUERY(3)							 1							 MYSQL_DB_QUERY(3)

mysql_db_query - Selects a database and executes a query on it

SYNOPSIS
Warning This function was deprecated in PHP 5.3.0, and will be removed in the future, along with the entirety of the original MySQL exten- sion. Instead, the MySQLi or PDO_MySQL extension should be used. See also MySQL: choosing an API guide and related FAQ for more information. Alternatives to this function include: omysqli_select_db(3) then the query o PDO::__construct resource mysql_db_query (string $database, string $query, [resource $link_identifier = NULL]) DESCRIPTION
mysql_db_query(3) selects a database, and executes a query on it. o $database - The name of the database that will be selected. o $query - The MySQL query. Data inside the query should be properly escaped. o $ link_identifier -The MySQL connection. If the link identifier is not specified, the last link opened by mysql_connect(3) is assumed. If no such link is found, it will try to create one as if mysql_connect(3) was called with no arguments. If no connection is found or established, an E_WARNING level error is generated. Returns a positive MySQL result resource to the query result, or FALSE on error. The function also returns TRUE/ FALSE for INSERT/ UPDATE/ DELETE queries to indicate success/failure. +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 5.3.0 | | | | | | | This function now throws an E_DEPRECATED notice. | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ Example #1 mysql_db_query(3) alternative example <?php if (!$link = mysql_connect('mysql_host', 'mysql_user', 'mysql_password')) { echo 'Could not connect to mysql'; exit; } if (!mysql_select_db('mysql_dbname', $link)) { echo 'Could not select database'; exit; } $sql = 'SELECT foo FROM bar WHERE id = 42'; $result = mysql_query($sql, $link); if (!$result) { echo "DB Error, could not query the database "; echo 'MySQL Error: ' . mysql_error(); exit; } while ($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($result)) { echo $row['foo']; } mysql_free_result($result); ?> Note Be aware that this function does NOT switch back to the database you were connected before. In other words, you can't use this function to temporarily run a sql query on another database, you would have to manually switch back. Users are strongly encouraged to use the database.table syntax in their sql queries or mysql_select_db(3) instead of this function. mysql_query(3), mysql_select_db(3). PHP Documentation Group MYSQL_DB_QUERY(3)