Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extract values from xml file script Post 303019609 by Ophiuchus on Monday 2nd of July 2018 08:55:26 PM
Old 07-02-2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubler_XL
How about this:
How can I say. It works just exactly as I was looking for.

I tested changing the "delete array[i]" sentences to outside for loop as "delete array" and it works too.

Many thanks for your help again.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with shell script to extract data from XML file

Hello Scripting Gurus, I need help with extracting data from the XML file using shell script. The data is in a large XML and I need to extract the id values of all completedworkflows. Here is a sample of it. Input and output data is also in the attached text files. <wfregistry>... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yajaykumar
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract XML Element Values

I have a rather large file with XML-style content. Each line contains one full XML entry. For example: 1:<Message><DNIS>1234</DNIS><UCID>3456</UCID><TransferGroup>XYZXYZ</TransferGroup></Message> 2:<Message><DNIS>9999</DNIS><UCID>2584</UCID><TransferGroup>ABCABC</TransferGroup></Message>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sharpi03
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH Script to Get the <TAG Values> from an XML file

Hi All, I am new to Unix I need a KSH script to get the values from XML file to write to a temp file. Like the requirement is from the below TAG <MAPPING DESCRIPTION ="Test Mapping" ISVALID ="YES" NAME ="m_test_xml" OBJECTVERSION ="1" VERSIONNUMBER ="1"> I need the MAPPING DESCRIPTION... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: perlamohan
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to extract 'ID' From XML File

File1.xml <?xml version.........> - <abcd:abcd_list version="1" www.john_uncle's_server.com" xmlns: - <device id="100"> <firmware>12.4(3d)</firmware> <location id="500">Sitting Room</location> </device> - <device id="101"> <firmware>12.4(3d)</firmware> <location id="501">Class... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sureshcisco
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract values from an XML File

Hi, I need to capture all the attributes with delete next to it. The source XML file is attached. The output should contain something like this below: Attributes = legacyExchangeDN Action = Delete Username = Hero Joker Loginid = joker09 OU =... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get multiple values from an xml file using one of the following commands or together awk/perl/script

Hello, I have a requirement to extract the value from multiple xml node and print out the values to new file to compare. Would be done using either awk/perl or some unix script. For example sample input file: ..... ..... <factories xmi:type="resources.jdbc:DataSource"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: slbmind
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing values to an XML file from shell script

:wall: Hi, I have an XML file with 5 tags. I need to pass values to the XML file from a shell script that will replace values in 2 of the tags. I cannot hardcode the tag values in XML and use replace command in script as the values are likely to change. Please help !!!!!!!!!!! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Monalisaa
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reading XML file and print the values in the text file using Linux shell script

hi guys, i want help... Reding XML file and print the values into the text file using linux shell script file as per below xml file <sequence> <Filename>aldorzum.doc</Filename> <DivisionCode>US</DivisionCode> <ContentType>Template</ContentType> <ProductCode>VIMZIM</ProductCode> </sequence>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sravanreddy
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract xml attribute values using awk inline.?

I am trying to extract specific XML attribute values for search pattern <factories.*baseQueueName' from resources.xml. my scripts works ok,, but to extract 3 values this code does echo $line three times, it could be 'n' times. How can I use awk to extract matching pattern values in-line or... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
11 Replies
asadmin-delete-domain(1AS)					   User Commands					asadmin-delete-domain(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-delete-domain, delete-domain - deletes the givendomain SYNOPSIS
delete-domain [--terse=false] [--echo=false] [--domaindir install_dir/domains] domain_name delete-domain deletes the specified domain. The domain must already exist and must be stopped. This command is supported in local mode only. OPTIONS
--domaindir directory where the domain is to be deleted. If specified, path must be accessible in the filesystem. If not speci- fied, the domain in the default install_dir/domains directory is deleted. --terse indicates that any output data must be very concise, typically avoiding human-friendly sentences and favoring well- formatted data for consumption by a script. Default is false. --echo setting to true will echo the command line statement on the standard output. Default is false. OPERANDS
domain_name name of the domain. Must be a unique name. Example 1: Using delete-domain asadmin> delete-domain sampleDomain deleted domain sampleDomain successfully Where: the sampleDomain domain is deleted. EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command asadmin-create-domain(1AS), asadmin-start-domain(1AS), asadmin-stop-domain(1AS), asadmin-list-domains(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-delete-domain(1AS)