Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extract values from xml file script Post 303019548 by Ophiuchus on Monday 2nd of July 2018 12:25:17 AM
Old 07-02-2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubler_XL
A little confused with this. The <STR_VAL> block for the first output line appears after the <ODRange> block for the 2nd output line.

How do you match up STX-STY values in the XLM with their appropriate output lines?
Actually <STR_VAL> and <PRO_VAL> goes after <ValueRange>/<ODRange>. In first sample STR_VAL appears before for the same reason as explain that was a not too representative sample. Smilie

All the values related witn each <NameID>, STX-STY and each PRX-PRY are inside each <Struct> node. I donīt know if I answer your doubts.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with shell script to extract data from XML file

Hello Scripting Gurus, I need help with extracting data from the XML file using shell script. The data is in a large XML and I need to extract the id values of all completedworkflows. Here is a sample of it. Input and output data is also in the attached text files. <wfregistry>... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yajaykumar
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract XML Element Values

I have a rather large file with XML-style content. Each line contains one full XML entry. For example: 1:<Message><DNIS>1234</DNIS><UCID>3456</UCID><TransferGroup>XYZXYZ</TransferGroup></Message> 2:<Message><DNIS>9999</DNIS><UCID>2584</UCID><TransferGroup>ABCABC</TransferGroup></Message>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sharpi03
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH Script to Get the <TAG Values> from an XML file

Hi All, I am new to Unix I need a KSH script to get the values from XML file to write to a temp file. Like the requirement is from the below TAG <MAPPING DESCRIPTION ="Test Mapping" ISVALID ="YES" NAME ="m_test_xml" OBJECTVERSION ="1" VERSIONNUMBER ="1"> I need the MAPPING DESCRIPTION... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: perlamohan
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to extract 'ID' From XML File

File1.xml <?xml version.........> - <abcd:abcd_list version="1" www.john_uncle's_server.com" xmlns: - <device id="100"> <firmware>12.4(3d)</firmware> <location id="500">Sitting Room</location> </device> - <device id="101"> <firmware>12.4(3d)</firmware> <location id="501">Class... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sureshcisco
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract values from an XML File

Hi, I need to capture all the attributes with delete next to it. The source XML file is attached. The output should contain something like this below: Attributes = legacyExchangeDN Action = Delete Username = Hero Joker Loginid = joker09 OU =... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get multiple values from an xml file using one of the following commands or together awk/perl/script

Hello, I have a requirement to extract the value from multiple xml node and print out the values to new file to compare. Would be done using either awk/perl or some unix script. For example sample input file: ..... ..... <factories xmi:type="resources.jdbc:DataSource"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: slbmind
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing values to an XML file from shell script

:wall: Hi, I have an XML file with 5 tags. I need to pass values to the XML file from a shell script that will replace values in 2 of the tags. I cannot hardcode the tag values in XML and use replace command in script as the values are likely to change. Please help !!!!!!!!!!! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Monalisaa
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reading XML file and print the values in the text file using Linux shell script

hi guys, i want help... Reding XML file and print the values into the text file using linux shell script file as per below xml file <sequence> <Filename>aldorzum.doc</Filename> <DivisionCode>US</DivisionCode> <ContentType>Template</ContentType> <ProductCode>VIMZIM</ProductCode> </sequence>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sravanreddy
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract xml attribute values using awk inline.?

I am trying to extract specific XML attribute values for search pattern <factories.*baseQueueName' from resources.xml. my scripts works ok,, but to extract 3 values this code does echo $line three times, it could be 'n' times. How can I use awk to extract matching pattern values in-line or... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
11 Replies
STAG-AUTOSCHEMA(1p)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				       STAG-AUTOSCHEMA(1p)

NAME
stag-autoschema - writes the implicit stag-schema for a stag file SYNOPSIS
stag-autoschema -w sxpr sample-data.xml stag-autoschema -dtd sample-data.xml DESCRIPTION
Takes a stag compatible file (xml, sxpr, itext), or a file in any format plus a parser, and writes out the implicit underlying stag-schema stag-schema should look relatively self-explanatory. Here is an example stag-schema, shown in sxpr syntax: (db (person* (name "s" (address+ (address_type "s") (street "s") (street2? "s") (city "s") (zip? "s"))))) The database db contains zero or more persons, each person has a mandatory name and at least one address. The cardinality mnemonics are as follows: + 1 or more ? 0 or one * 0 or more The default cardinality is 1 ARGUMENTS
-p|parser FORMAT FORMAT is one of xml, sxpr or itext, or the name of a perl module xml assumed as default -dtd exports schema as DTD -w|writer FORMAT FORMAT is one of xml, sxpr or itext, or the name of a perl module, OR DTD The default is sxpr note that stag schemas exported as xml will be invalid xml, due to the use of symbols *, +, ? in the node names LIMITATIONS
not event based - memory usage becomes exhorbitant on large files; prepare a small sample beforehand perl v5.10.0 2008-12-23 STAG-AUTOSCHEMA(1p)