Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Continuous nc data acquisition fails ocassionally Post 303019344 by lanas1234 on Wednesday 27th of June 2018 09:52:38 AM
Old 06-27-2018
Thanks a lot Jim!

I will try with tail then and see what happens

About fflush(), I'm already using it inside my awk sentence do you mean that It better to avoid using it¿?

All the best

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need info regarding CDP - continuous data protection

HI frnds, i am going to work on CDP(continuous data protection),does any one of them have any idea reg CDP ... any docs or Links...might be helpful to me in understanding it.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deep
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Continuous checking of a file

I have a requirement like this... I want to go to a particular server for which i have acess .I want to do a ssh to that server from one server and check if a file is theer or not..and i need the script to chcek continuosly till it finds the file.When it finds the file i want it to come out... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kanta_bhakti
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extracting data between continuous non empty xml tags

Hi, I need help in extracting only the phone numbers between the continuous non empty xml tags in unix. I searched through a lot of forum but i did not get exact result for my query. Please help Given below is the sample pipe delimited file. I have a lot of tags before and after... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: zen01234
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Continuous Copying from a directory to another.

Hello Folks, Looking for a script, where i can check for the existing of the files in a directory and copying to another. How can i achieve it in loop for over period of time. whatever files comes into the folder copied in another without duplicate and should be continuous loop. ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sadique.manzar
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Continuous for loop

Hi All, Please help ***************** a=100 and run for loop that will minus 30 from 100 an will display value run loop will run till display value will be 0 ***************** Thanking you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Praful Pednekar
1 Replies
fmt(1)								   User Commands							    fmt(1)

NAME
fmt - simple text formatters SYNOPSIS
fmt [-cs] [-w width | -width] [inputfile...] DESCRIPTION
fmt is a simple text formatter that fills and joins lines to produce output lines of (up to) the number of characters specified in the -w width option. The default width is 72. fmt concatenates the inputfiles listed as arguments. If none are given, fmt formats text from the standard input. Blank lines are preserved in the output, as is the spacing between words. fmt does not fill nor split lines beginning with a `.' (dot), for compatibility with nroff(1). Nor does it fill or split a set of contiguous non-blank lines which is determined to be a mail header, the first line of which must begin with "From". Indentation is preserved in the output, and input lines with differing indentation are not joined (unless -c is used). fmt can also be used as an in-line text filter for vi(1). The vi command: !}fmt reformats the text between the cursor location and the end of the paragraph. OPTIONS
-c Crown margin mode. Preserve the indentation of the first two lines within a paragraph, and align the left margin of each subsequent line with that of the second line. This is useful for tagged paragraphs. -s Split lines only. Do not join short lines to form longer ones. This prevents sample lines of code, and other such formatted text, from being unduly combined. -w width | -width Fill output lines to up to width columns. OPERANDS
inputfile Input file. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
See environ(5) for a description of the LC_CTYPE environment variable that affects the execution of fmt. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
nroff(1), vi(1), attributes(5), environ(5) NOTES
The -width option is acceptable for BSD compatibility, but it may go away in future releases. SunOS 5.10 9 May 1997 fmt(1)