Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Continuous nc data acquisition fails ocassionally Post 303019330 by lanas1234 on Wednesday 27th of June 2018 05:53:57 AM
Old 06-27-2018
I know what is happening hopefully you can help me now:

-Two times a day the receiver from where I'm getting the data stops sending for a couple of seconds due to an internal cron job.

-Because of this my entire all the process of getting AIS sentences stops:
Code:
nc -ul -p 56045 -q -1 | awk -F: 'NF > 1 {print strftime("%d-%m-%Y %H:%M:%S"),$0;fflush();  }' > awk.txt 2>&1 &

but I'm listening forever in my nc sentences, so what is happeningż?

All the best

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need info regarding CDP - continuous data protection

HI frnds, i am going to work on CDP(continuous data protection),does any one of them have any idea reg CDP ... any docs or Links...might be helpful to me in understanding it.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deep
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Continuous checking of a file

I have a requirement like this... I want to go to a particular server for which i have acess .I want to do a ssh to that server from one server and check if a file is theer or not..and i need the script to chcek continuosly till it finds the file.When it finds the file i want it to come out... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kanta_bhakti
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extracting data between continuous non empty xml tags

Hi, I need help in extracting only the phone numbers between the continuous non empty xml tags in unix. I searched through a lot of forum but i did not get exact result for my query. Please help Given below is the sample pipe delimited file. I have a lot of tags before and after... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: zen01234
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Continuous Copying from a directory to another.

Hello Folks, Looking for a script, where i can check for the existing of the files in a directory and copying to another. How can i achieve it in loop for over period of time. whatever files comes into the folder copied in another without duplicate and should be continuous loop. ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sadique.manzar
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Continuous for loop

Hi All, Please help ***************** a=100 and run for loop that will minus 30 from 100 an will display value run loop will run till display value will be 0 ***************** Thanking you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Praful Pednekar
1 Replies
dadadodo(1)						      General Commands Manual						       dadadodo(1)

NAME
dadadodo - exterminate all rational thought SYNOPSIS
dadadodo [ options ] [ input-files ] DESCRIPTION
dadadodo is a program that analyses texts for Markov chains of word probabilities and then generates random sentences based on those proba- bilities. Sometimes these sentences are nonsense, but sometimes they cut right through to the heart of the matter and reveal hidden mean- ings. OPTIONS
dadadodo accepts the following options: -c, -count n Generate n sentences. -h, -help Show summary of options and exit. -html Output HTML instead of plain text. -l, -load file Load compiled data from file ('-' for standard input). -o, -output file Save compiled data in file ('-' for standard output). -p, -pause s Delay s seconds between paragraphs. -w, -columns columns Format output for a device columns character cells in width. If not specified, the value of the environment variable COLUMNS is used to determine the width. If that variable is not defined, a width of 72 is assumed. NOTES
Non-option arguments are input files. These should be text files, but may be mail folders or HTML. MIME messages are handled sensibly. When no output file is specified, sentences will be generated from the input data directly. However, loading a saved file is far faster than re-parsing the text files each time. ENVIRONMENT
COLUMNS Determines the width (in character cells) of the output if the -w, -columns option is not used. If not set, a width of 72 is assumed. SEE ALSO
dadadodo's upstream website is http://www.jwz.org/dadadodo/. AUTHOR
dadadodo was written by Jamie Zawinski. This manual page was written by Sudhakar Chandrasekharan <thaths@netscape.com>, based on the program's usage message. dadadodo(1)