Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Access a complete flow with CURL + bash shell Post 303019266 by apmcd47 on Tuesday 26th of June 2018 04:43:30 AM
Old 06-26-2018
Stupid question, but could you use the -c/--cookie-jar switch to save the cookies into a file?

Andrew

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

BASH complete-filename & menu-complete together

Hi, Does anyone know how to make BASH provide a list of possible completions on the first tab, and then start cycling through the possibilites on the next tab? Right now this is what I have in my .bashrc: bind "set show-all-if-ambiguous on" bind \\C-o:menu-complete This allows... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mithu
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script idea using cUrl -- possible?

I have an alias already in my .bash_profile to download files using cUrl's -o (output to file, user provides the file name) option. I find I'm using it quite a bit, so I wanted to write a script to run "curl -o", taking the necessary inputs - file name and URL from which to download - and then... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SilversleevesX
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash curl escape & in url

I'm running a curl command in bash, but the & in the middle causes the second half of the line to run in the background, here's what I'm trying to do: lat="37.451" lon="-122.18" url="http://ws.geonames.org/findNearestAddress?lat=$lat&lng=$lon" curl -s "$url" I tried escaping the & with \&,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclecameron
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Curl to Access PayPal

can anyone please help me with this? i know paypal is a secure site, so a code like the below would be needed. but that's where i get stuck. curl -s -K https://www.paypal.com I need to be able to curl to paypal and download a list of latest purchases. i know there HAS to be a way to do... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with make sure shell script execute instruction in flow

Hi, I want to write a shell script to make sure all the instruction is executive in flow. eg. I want my shell script to run finish this two progress first: ./program input_file_1.txt > input_file_1.txt.out & ./program input_file_2.txt > input_file_2.txt.out & After then, only run the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: edge_diners
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with control flow in a Bash script

In my bash script I want to say "if argument 2 is anything except x, y or z, than echo this" (x y and z being words). So my script looks like this: if ] then echo "unrecognized input: $2" fi This usually works but than I also want to say "if argument 2 IS x, y, or z, but argument 4 is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jrodicon
4 Replies

7. Red Hat

Bash: menu-complete and reverse

Hi, In the archives I found this: And this works fine. $if mode=vi "\C-0-": digit-argument TAB: menu-complete "\e But what I want is to reverse this. So I want that tab does reverse menu completion and shift tab does normal menu completion. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ozkanb
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Curl won't complete in a script but does from prompt. Idea?

On RHEL5 from within both a shell (sh->bash) and a csh script curl fails with a "curl: (6) Couldn't resolve host 'application'" error. This is the result whether run as a command at the shell and/or c-shell prompt and curl also fails with the same error when the scripts are "source'd" at the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: GSalisbury
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using curl in bash script

Hello. I have pick up a script from internet to track errors from curl command. #!/bin/bash # URL_TO_TEST="http://www.xxxxxx.yyy" MY_VAR=curl_init("$URL_TO_TEST") ; curl_setopt($MY_VAR, CURLOPT_HEADER, 1); curl_setopt($MY_VAR, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1); curl_setopt($MY_VAR,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Access a complete flow with CURL + bash shell

Hello Experts , I have an use case which needed your help . I have been using google for 2 days buy couldn`t succed , i believe i can get the help here. Here is my use case to run on bash shell 1. Access an URL -- in script , it will be mentioned as inputURL 2. Once i accessed the URL... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: radha254
1 Replies
LIBBASH(7)							  libbash Manual							LIBBASH(7)

NAME
libbash -- A bash shared libraries package. DESCRIPTION
libbash is a package that enables bash dynamic-like shared libraries. Actually its a tool for managing bash scripts whose functions you may want to load and use in scripts of your own. It contains a 'dynamic loader' for the shared libraries ( ldbash(1)), a configuration tool (ldbashconfig(8)), and some libraries. Using ldbash(1) you are able to load loadable bash libraries, such as getopts(1) and hashstash(1). A bash shared library that can be loaded using ldbash(1) must answer 4 requirments: 1. It must be installed in $LIBBASH_PREFIX/lib/bash (default is /usr/lib/bash). 2. It must contain a line that begins with '#EXPORT='. That line will contain (after the '=') a list of functions that the library exports. I.e. all the function that will be usable after loading that library will be listed in that line. 3. It must contain a line that begins with '#REQUIRE='. That line will contain (after the '=') a list of bash libraries that are required for our library. I.e. every bash library that is in use in our bash library must be listed there. 4. The library must be listed (For more information, see ldbashconfig(8)). Basic guidelines for writing library of your own: 1. Be aware, that your library will be actually sourced. So, basically, it should contain (i.e define) only functions. 2. Try to declare all variables intended for internal use as local. 3. Global variables and functions that are intended for internal use (i.e are not defined in '#EXPORT=') should begin with: __<library_name>_ For example, internal function myfoosort of hashstash library should be named as __hashstash_myfoosort This helps to avoid conflicts in global name space when using libraries that come from different vendors. 4. See html manual for full version of this guide. AUTHORS
Hai Zaar <haizaar@haizaar.com> Gil Ran <ril@ran4.net> SEE ALSO
ldbash(1), ldbashconfig(8), getopts(1), hashstash(1) colors(1) messages(1) urlcoding(1) locks(1) Linux Epoch Linux