Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Learning scrapers, webcrawlers, search engines and CURL Post 303019243 by TBotNik on Monday 25th of June 2018 05:14:08 PM
Old 06-25-2018
Thanks Neo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
I think you are better off to get web page content using PHP scripts and parse the files with REGEX.

If you Google around, I am sure you can find many sample PHP scripts that do most of what you want. This is very old technology and there is no need to reinvent the wheel parsing HTML data.
Neo, As I stated, still struggling with the terminology and concepts, so patience, I'm total newbie at using this technology, that's why I'm asking Qs as I don't even know where to focus, right now, to accomplish this.
Cheers!
OMR/TBNK

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

I dont want to know any search engines

I just want to know where I can download it on this website plz (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: memattmyself
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using cURL to save online search results

Hi, I'm attacking this from ignorance because I am not sure how to even ask the question. Here is the mission: I have a list of about 4,000 telephone numbers for past customers. I need to determine how many of these customers are still in business. Obviously, I could call all the numbers.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jccbin
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking status of engines using C-shell

I am relatively new to scripting. I am trying to develop a script that will 1. Source an executable file as an argument to the script that sets up the environment 2. Run a command "stat" that gives the status of 5 Engines running on the system 3. Check the status of the 5 Engines as either... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: paslas
0 Replies
ypstart(1M)						  System Administration Commands					       ypstart(1M)

NAME
ypstart, ypstop - Start and stop NIS services SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/netsvc/yp/ypstart /usr/lib/netsvc/yp/ypstop DESCRIPTION
The ypstart command is used to start the Network Information Service (NIS). After the host has been configured using the ypinit(1M) com- mand, ypstart automatically determines the NIS status of the machine and starts the appropriate daemons. The ypstop command is used to stop the Network Information Service (NIS). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWypu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ypinit(1M), attributes(5) System Administration Guide: Basic Administration NOTES
The Network Information Service (NIS) was formerly known as Sun Yellow Pages (YP). The functionality of the two services remains the same; only the name has changed. The name Yellow Pages is a registered trademark in the United Kingdom of British Telecommunications PLC, and must not be used without permission. SunOS 5.10 24 Oct 1996 ypstart(1M)