Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Learning scrapers, webcrawlers, search engines and CURL Post 303019243 by TBotNik on Monday 25th of June 2018 05:14:08 PM
Old 06-25-2018
Thanks Neo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
I think you are better off to get web page content using PHP scripts and parse the files with REGEX.

If you Google around, I am sure you can find many sample PHP scripts that do most of what you want. This is very old technology and there is no need to reinvent the wheel parsing HTML data.
Neo, As I stated, still struggling with the terminology and concepts, so patience, I'm total newbie at using this technology, that's why I'm asking Qs as I don't even know where to focus, right now, to accomplish this.
Cheers!
OMR/TBNK

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

I dont want to know any search engines

I just want to know where I can download it on this website plz (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: memattmyself
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using cURL to save online search results

Hi, I'm attacking this from ignorance because I am not sure how to even ask the question. Here is the mission: I have a list of about 4,000 telephone numbers for past customers. I need to determine how many of these customers are still in business. Obviously, I could call all the numbers.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jccbin
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking status of engines using C-shell

I am relatively new to scripting. I am trying to develop a script that will 1. Source an executable file as an argument to the script that sets up the environment 2. Run a command "stat" that gives the status of 5 Engines running on the system 3. Check the status of the 5 Engines as either... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: paslas
0 Replies
PINOT-SEARCH(1) 						   User Commands						   PINOT-SEARCH(1)

NAME
pinot-search - Query search engines from the command-line SYNOPSIS
pinot-search [OPTIONS] SEARCHENGINETYPE SEARCHENGINENAME|SEARCHENGINEOPTION QUERYINPUT DESCRIPTION
pinot-search - Query search engines from the command-line OPTIONS
-d, --datefirst sort by date then by relevance -h, --help display this help and exit -l, --locationonly only show the location of each result -m, --max maximum number of results (default 10) -r, --storedquery query input is the name of a stored query -s, --stemming stemming language (in English) -c, --tocsv file to export results in CSV format to -x, --toxml file to export results in XML format to -v, --version output version information and exit Supported search engine types are : 'opensearch' 'sherlock' 'xapian' EXAMPLES
pinot-search opensearch /usr/share/pinot/engines/KrustyDescription.xml "clowns" pinot-search --max 20 sherlock /usr/share/pinot/engines/Bozo.src "clowns" pinot-search googleapi mygoogleapikey "clowns" pinot-search xapian ~/.pinot/index "label:Clowns" pinot-search --stemming english xapian somehostname:12345 "clowning" REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to fabrice.colin@gmail.com This is free software. You may redistribute copies of it under the terms of the GNU General Public License <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/old-licenses/gpl-2.0.html>. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. pinot-search - pinot 1.0 June 2012 PINOT-SEARCH(1)