Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Transistion to php mysqli
Operating Systems Linux Transistion to php mysqli Post 303019242 by TBotNik on Monday 25th of June 2018 05:08:02 PM
Old 06-25-2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
You can also try this:

Code:
<?php
if (version_compare(phpversion(), '5.3.10', '<')) {
    // php version isn't high enough
}
?>

Or something like this:

Code:
<?php
$ver = (float)phpversion();
if ($ver > 7.0) {
    //do something for php7.1 and above.
} elseif ($ver === 7.0) {
    //do something for php7.0
} else {
    //do something for php5.6 or lower.
}
?>

Neo, The test code I used is fine as all version prior to 7 can use the old code, but 7.0 and greater mysqli only, so my test is good. My Q wasn't about the version, got that down, it the return, showing the DB acked for is actually in play. I'm closing this, because due to lack of "fix it" responses, went with the same logic used in the PostGres section, since the open statement now requires the used DB as part of the open statement string. Thanks anyway! Cheers! OMR/TBNK

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Web Development

I can't open my index.php page after insert php code

Hello guys, Does anyone can help me? I've just made my simple index.php without any code, but after insert session code to check if any user is authenticated, my index.php doesn't work anymore. Any fresh eyes could help me to see what and where the code is wrong? <? if... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: metalfreakbr
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Running multiple php scripts into one php only, cron mail alert problem...

hi, while separated they produce the usual mail alert and i can see the output... if i write into the php script: <?php system('php -f /var/www/vhosts/domain.com/httpdocs/folder/script1.php'); system('php -f /var/www/vhosts/domain.com/httpdocs/folder/script2.php'); system('php -f... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: 7stars
0 Replies

3. Red Hat

Update php 4.3 RPM to php 5.3.3 php

Dear All, My redhat version is: # cat /etc/redhat-release Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 4 (Nahant Update 4) # # uname -a Linux cotapplication3.cot.com 2.6.9-42.ELsmp #1 SMP Wed Jul 12 23:32:02 EDT 2006 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux # I want to update my php from: # php... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: monojcool
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running php index.php as shell in webpage

so i have a bit of a unique situation. i have an encrypted index.php file that that can't be run the normal way that a web browser would run it. if it is run the normal way, the php script will show only gibberish on the web browser, instead of the actual php code. when run from the command... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
8 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Saturday May 4th the Forums Will Briefly Break Testing PHP 5.6 to PHP 7.0

On Saturday May 4th the forums will briefly break when I switch our Apache PHP 5.6 module to PHP 7.0. Previously, I had two sites set up for testing the migration, but for many reasons, the second site has additional issues unrelated to PHP 7.0 so it is hard to debug on a different site and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
3 Replies
SHELL-QUOTE(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					    SHELL-QUOTE(1)

NAME
shell-quote - quote arguments for safe use, unmodified in a shell command SYNOPSIS
shell-quote [switch]... arg... DESCRIPTION
shell-quote lets you pass arbitrary strings through the shell so that they won't be changed by the shell. This lets you process commands or files with embedded white space or shell globbing characters safely. Here are a few examples. EXAMPLES
ssh preserving args When running a remote command with ssh, ssh doesn't preserve the separate arguments it receives. It just joins them with spaces and passes them to "$SHELL -c". This doesn't work as intended: ssh host touch 'hi there' # fails It creates 2 files, hi and there. Instead, do this: cmd=`shell-quote touch 'hi there'` ssh host "$cmd" This gives you just 1 file, hi there. process find output It's not ordinarily possible to process an arbitrary list of files output by find with a shell script. Anything you put in $IFS to split up the output could legitimately be in a file's name. Here's how you can do it using shell-quote: eval set -- `find -type f -print0 | xargs -0 shell-quote --` debug shell scripts shell-quote is better than echo for debugging shell scripts. debug() { [ -z "$debug" ] || shell-quote "debug:" "$@" } With echo you can't tell the difference between "debug 'foo bar'" and "debug foo bar", but with shell-quote you can. save a command for later shell-quote can be used to build up a shell command to run later. Say you want the user to be able to give you switches for a command you're going to run. If you don't want the switches to be re-evaluated by the shell (which is usually a good idea, else there are things the user can't pass through), you can do something like this: user_switches= while [ $# != 0 ] do case x$1 in x--pass-through) [ $# -gt 1 ] || die "need an argument for $1" user_switches="$user_switches "`shell-quote -- "$2"` shift;; # process other switches esac shift done # later eval "shell-quote some-command $user_switches my args" OPTIONS
--debug Turn debugging on. --help Show the usage message and die. --version Show the version number and exit. AVAILABILITY
The code is licensed under the GNU GPL. Check http://www.argon.org/~roderick/ or CPAN for updated versions. AUTHOR
Roderick Schertler <roderick@argon.org> perl v5.16.3 2010-06-11 SHELL-QUOTE(1)