Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Learning scrapers, webcrawlers, search engines and CURL Post 303019102 by Neo on Friday 22nd of June 2018 11:16:30 PM
Old 06-23-2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBotNik
  • Text only vs regular brower: which is best?
  • wget vs php fileopen vs CURL: Which is best?
  • HTML tag find/parse: Are there libraries that effectively do this?
  • HTML tag find/parse: Is REGEX the best way to parse these? Where are examples?
  • Checking for the new meta-tags of:
I think you are better off to get web page content using PHP scripts and parse the files with REGEX.

If you Google around, I am sure you can find many sample PHP scripts that do most of what you want. This is very old technology and there is no need to reinvent the wheel parsing HTML data.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

I dont want to know any search engines

I just want to know where I can download it on this website plz (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: memattmyself
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using cURL to save online search results

Hi, I'm attacking this from ignorance because I am not sure how to even ask the question. Here is the mission: I have a list of about 4,000 telephone numbers for past customers. I need to determine how many of these customers are still in business. Obviously, I could call all the numbers.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jccbin
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking status of engines using C-shell

I am relatively new to scripting. I am trying to develop a script that will 1. Source an executable file as an argument to the script that sets up the environment 2. Run a command "stat" that gives the status of 5 Engines running on the system 3. Check the status of the 5 Engines as either... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: paslas
0 Replies
aliases(5)							File Formats Manual							aliases(5)

Name
       aliases - aliases file for sendmail

Description
       The  aliases  file  is  an ASCII file that describes user ID aliases that are used in It is formatted as a series of lines in the following
       form:
       name: name_1, name2, name_3, . . .
       The name is the name to alias, and the name_n are the aliases for that name.  Each is separated from the next by a new line.

Continuation lines begin with white space.  Comment lines begin with a number sign (#).

You can only assign aliases to local names.  Loops are not allowed because a message should be sent to a person only once.

After an alias has been applied, local and valid recipients who have a file in their home directory can have messages forwarded to the list
       of users defined in that file.

This  is  only the raw data file; the actual information pertaining to aliases is placed into binary format in the files and using the pro-
       gram The command should be executed each time the aliases file changes.	This command allows the new changes to take effect.

Restrictions
       Because of restrictions in a single alias cannot contain more than approximately 1000 bytes of information.  You can specify longer aliases
       by chaining; that is, use a dummy name for the last name in the alias, which creates a continuation alias.

The  database  may  be distributed in a network by a naming service, such as Yellow Pages or BIND/Hesiod.  See the Guide to Yellow Pages or
       the chapter on Hesiod in the Guide to BIND for setup information.

Files
See Also
       newaliases(1), dbm(3x), sendmail(8)
       "SENDMAIL Installation and Operation Guide", ULTRIX Supplementary Documents, Vol. III: System Manager
       Guide to the BIND/Hesiod Service
       Guide to the Yellow Pages Service

aliases(5)