Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Move OS to storage disk
Operating Systems Linux Move OS to storage disk Post 303019022 by rbatte1 on Thursday 21st of June 2018 09:53:43 AM
Old 06-21-2018
Please can you answer the second part so we know what we're dealing with:-
Quote:
..... and what hardware you are running on (or virtualisation manager)

Thanks, in advance,
Robin

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

A1000 Disk storage array

I am new to the unix world. I have SunBlade 100 and A1000 Disk storage array with 12 Hard drives. I used SCSI card and SCSI cables to connect. When I do the format command,I can see disk storage as one disk instead of 12 disks as below. Could anybody can explain why? What should I do in order... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dulasi
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Any ideas how to accomplish this storage move?

We have a datacenter in another part of the country with about a 100Mb WAN between that datacenter and the local datacenter. The remoted datacenter has about 20TB of data on roughly 75 servers that all must be moved to this datacenter with minimal downtime. Please help me come up with the best way... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: keelba
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Disk Storage Need to Add more Disk

Hi, Anyone can help me, just want to confirm, if possible adding a disk storage that we have a RAWDATA with +ASM in our database. If possible, what would you recommend "workaround used" from us to do and the preparation. And also how long the downtime will take. Our disk continuous to grow,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fpalero
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Age of file in storage / disk

Hello all, Below is scripts to find the file following by: 30 days <- How many total file space within 30 days and not quantity 90 days 120 days 1 year From here also I can get data space to put on PIE Chart. Following this scripts can I do some enhance from this scripts like do... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sheikh76
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

storage disk details

Hi, We have a OEL5.7 installed and which has a storage attached on it. While running application it shows poor performance for Disk IO "dm-0" Now the question is how do I find what exactly is "dm-0" # iostat Linux 2.6.32-100.23.1.el5 03/10/2012 avg-cpu: %user %nice %system... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: shrshah64
9 Replies

6. AIX

Cluster 6.1 storage move

HI AIX experts, We have a 2-node cluster version 6.1. Running 7 oracle dbs. Everything is on symmetrix. We are going to have a storage migration from one array to another. There will be SRDF setup between two arrays. I will be getting all the luns from new array. I am just looking for the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
7 Replies
TPM QUOTE 
TOOLS(8) TPM QUOTE TOOLS(8) NAME
TPM Quote Tools PROGRAMS
tpm_mkuuid, tpm_mkaik, tpm_loadkey, tpm_unloadkey, tpm_getpcrhash, tpm_updatepcrhash, tpm_getquote, tpm_verifyquote DESCRIPTION
TPM Quote Tools is a collection of programs that provide support for TPM based attestation using the TPM quote operation. A TPM contains a set of Platform Configuration Registers (PCRs). In a well configured machine, some of these registers are set to known values during the boot up process or at other times. For example, a PCR might contain the hash of a boot loader in memory before it is run. The TPM quote operation is used to authoritatively verify the contents of a TPM's Platform Configuration Registers (PCRs). During provi- sioning, a composite hash of a selected set of PCRs is computed. The TPM quote operation produces a composite hash that can be compared with the one computed while provisioning. To use the TPM quote operation, keys must be generated. During provisioning, an Attestation Identity Key (AIK) is generated for each TPM, and the public part of the key is made available to entities that validate quotes. The TPM quote operation returns signed data and a signature. The data that is signed contains the PCRs selected for the operation, the composite hash for the selected PCRs, and a nonce provided as input, and used to prevent replay attacks. At provisioning time, the data that is signed is stored, not just the composite hash. The signature is discarded. An entity that wishes to evaluate a machine generates a nonce, and sends it along with the set of PCR used to generate the composite PCR hash at provisioning time. For this use of the TPM quote operation, the signed data is ignored, and the signature returned is used to val- idate the state of the TPM's PCRs. Given the signature, the evaluating entity replaces the nonce in the signed data generated at provi- sioning time, and checks to see if the signature is valid for the data. If so, this check ensures the selected PCRs contain values that match the ones measured during provisioning. A typical scenario for an enterprise using these tools follows. The tools expect AIKs to be referenced via one enterprise-wide Universally Unique Identifier (UUID). The program tpm_mkuuid creates one. For each machine being checked, an AIK is created using tpm_mkaik. The key blob produced is bound to the UUID on its machine using tpm_loadkey. The public key associated with the AIK is sent to the entities that verify quotes. Finally, the expected PCR composite hash is obtained using tpm_getpcrhash. When the expected PCR values change, a new hash can be generated with tpm_updatepcrhash. The program to obtain a quote, and thus measure the current state of the PCRs is tpm_getquote. The program that verifies the quote describes the same PCR composite hash as was measured initially is tpm_verifyquote. SEE ALSO
tpm_mkuuid(8), tpm_mkaik(8), tpm_loadkey(8), tpm_unloadkey(8), tpm_getpcrhash(8), tpm_updatepcrhash(8), tpm_getquote(8), tpm_verifyquote(8) Oct 2010 TPM QUOTE TOOLS(8)